PDA

View Full Version : I think its pretty safe to say...

more cowbell
08-28-2010, 09:09 PM
If it does come down to these two guys for the final WR spot, Nelson certainly has more than a "leg up"

Every game Nelson has played in he has shown flashes of being a very talented player, including scoring touchdowns in both games. He has the same size as Hardy pretty much, and has been able to come back from an injury pretty quickly. He was also seeing time with the First unit.

Hardy on the other hand made his first reception in what seems like forever, and dropped a first down. He was hardly seeing playing time with the second team.

Ultimately I believe the final WR spot is going to come down to Chad Jackson or James Hardy. I think Nelson is a lock for the 53 man roster.

Buffalogic
08-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Nelson and C. Jackon > Hardy.

Do the right thing coaches.

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Regardless of how well Jackson has done in practice, I still think he's on the bubble. I am really rooting for Hardy, but I'm not sure he's worthy of a spot right now. Nelson is a sure thing, IMO.

YardRat
08-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Jackson was a non-factor tonight...kind of disappointing.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:27 PM
If it does come down to these two guys for the final WR spot, Nelson certainly has more than a "leg up"

Every game Nelson has played in he has shown flashes of being a very talented player, including scoring touchdowns in both games. He has the same size as Hardy pretty much, and has been able to come back from an injury pretty quickly. He was also seeing time with the First unit.

Hardy on the other hand made his first reception in what seems like forever, and dropped a first down. He was hardly seeing playing time with the second team.

Ultimately I believe the final WR spot is going to come down to Chad Jackson or James Hardy. I think Nelson is a lock for the 53 man roster.

I think we keep 6.

I think it will be:

Evans
Johnson
Parrish
Nelson
Jackson
Hardy

And that we put Roosevelt on the PS.

ZAZusmc03
08-28-2010, 10:17 PM
My boy Nelson. I freakin love that kid.

BidsJr
08-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I think it was pretty telling that Nelson got a snap with the first team and made a catch in the 1st quarter. That is lightyears ahead of what internet legend Stevie Johnson started with.'

I think Nelson has a chance at 20-30 catches this year.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2010, 10:27 PM
It's pretty safe to say the only reason Hardy will make this team is due to the decision to IR Easley.

It's also safe to say this is the last chance Hardy will have to show anything at the NFL level and if he doesn't, he'll either be out of football or in the UFL in 2011.

Bmax
08-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I think we keep 6.

I think it will be:

Evans
Johnson
Parrish
Nelson
Jackson
Hardy

I totally agree...

psubills62
08-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I think we keep 6.

I think it will be:

Evans
Johnson
Parrish
Nelson
Jackson
Hardy

I think we'll keep 5, with Hardy being off the roster.

k-oneputt
08-28-2010, 11:03 PM
The three best receivers on the team are Evans, Parrish, and Nelson. And those three should be the starters with Parrish in his slot position.

Anyone still missing Josh Reed ?

Eventually
08-29-2010, 12:00 AM
How in the world did this kid go undrafted. Watching him I get flash-forwards to three years from now thinking how good he'll be. Very pleased with some of these young offensive weapons. Spiller goes without saying, Nelson looks like a real receiver, Bell has been impressive so far, wasn't really used as much tonight, but overall, and we never got a real look at Easley either.