PDA

View Full Version : Who are you more comfortable with?

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 09:33 PM
A lot of people were rooting for Brohm to be the starter this year. Still more were convinced he was going to be the #2 behind Trent as the offseason progressed. After 3 games, who would you be more comfortable with as a back-up: Fitz or Brohm?

I don't think that Brohm's potential warrants a roster spot because I feel that Fitz is a solid back-up that can obviously start if need be. Our developmental guy should be Brown instead of Brohm, IMO.

How do you guys feel?

tampabay25690
08-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Im fine with either of these guys to be honest...

BidsJr
08-28-2010, 09:36 PM
IF I knew Edwards was going to have 4000 yards and 30 Td's and be entrenched as the starter..... I would pick Fitz. If we are going to do the QB shuffle again this year, IU would rather watch the unknown in Brohm than Fitzpatrick. (Not to mention the better draft pick if he really sucked.)

YardRat
08-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I think Fitz nailed down #2 tonight. If we're keeping three, Brown should be kept over Brohm. If BB can't beat out Fitz for #2, he's just dead weight.

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Well said, YR.

To Bids' point - if Trent gets hurt or pulled and we're out of it, I want Brown to get snaps and get experience. Your mindset is fine with wanting Brohm in that spot if we know that Trent is getting hurt; I just think that Brown has more potential.

BidsJr
08-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Well said, YR.

To Bids' point - if Trent gets hurt or pulled and we're out of it, I want Brown to get snaps and get experience. Your mindset is fine with wanting Brohm in that spot if we know that Trent is getting hurt; I just think that Brown has more potential.

Maybe so. I just remember Brohm when he was lighting it up at Louisville being compared to Jim Kelly and touted as a #1 overall prospect. Just wish he could find that magic again.

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I hear you there. Unfortunately, it looks like he's not that guy, but there is still a part of my that thinks he could be.

Novacane
08-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Why is everyone convinced we keep must keep a 7th round pick as our 3rd QB?

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I think it's because the coaching staff had targeted him as one of 2 QBs worthy of development in late round (Skelton was the other). He's an unknown with good skills.

Brohm is an unknown to a point, but he's been pretty much released already and hasn't shown much improvement in his 3 years in the league.

Novacane
08-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Fitz is an interception machine. I'd rather keep Brohm.

trapezeus
08-28-2010, 10:40 PM
life is going to be awful without trent...especially later in the season. fitz's pennington like arm is a worry in the winter. but on the flip side, brohm having to learn during a season isn't an exciting idea.

psubills62
08-28-2010, 10:59 PM
After what we've seen this preseason, I'm a tad more comfortable with Fitzpatrick than I was before. That being said, Brohm looked very sharp running the offense and since he almost certainly has more upside, I'd prefer him as the #2. I just hope and pray that we don't ever need either of them to step up and start, especially if Edwards continues to look decent.

Michael82
08-29-2010, 01:11 AM
If I thought this was a playoff team and believed Trent wouldn't miss a lot of games...I wouldn't mind Fitzpatrick as the backup. But I still feel he is another Holcomb and would rather keep the guy with potential. Hell...I would rather keep all 3 and stash Brown on the practice squad.

Beebe's Kid
08-29-2010, 01:23 AM
If I thought this was a playoff team and believed Trent wouldn't miss a lot of games...I wouldn't mind Fitzpatrick as the backup. But I still feel he is another Holcomb and would rather keep the guy with potential. Hell...I would rather keep all 3 and stash Brown on the practice squad.

Exactly.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Brohm should be the starter!!

Or I was right all along!

jamze132
08-29-2010, 01:48 AM
I think whoever has a better showing in Detroit will get the #2 gig. I see Trent and Co. getting no more than a quarter of playing time if that. Brohm and Fitzdouchetrick will get the remainder.

jmb1099
08-29-2010, 07:26 AM
If Brohm doesn't play well for the Detroit game than he's gone. Both Edwards and Fitzpatrick showed improvement again, which they should do considering that Edwards has now had three games and Fitzpatrick two. On ESPN: Maybe the Bills were showcasing Ryan Fitzpatrick for a potential trade (hello, Arizona?).
Whatever the outcome, I liked what I saw last night. If Brohm can't at least match what was done than he should be the odd man out.

Novacane
08-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Brohm should be the starter!!

Or I was right all along!

:rolleyes: You're wrong so often you can't help patting yourself on the back when you get one right!

ddaryl
08-29-2010, 07:51 AM
looks liek Fitz was solid tonight.. but Brohm still has more upside..

So it comes down to this decision. Do we want a solid #2 back up, or a decent #2 who still has upside that could pay dividends down the road for a rebuilding team.

We're not a playoff team so do we really care if we have a marginally better #2 over a #2 who could become more maybe eventually ????

Novacane
08-29-2010, 07:54 AM
looks liek Fitz was solid tonight.. but Brohm still has more upside..

So it comes down to this decision. Do we want a solid #2 back up, or a decent #2 who still has upside that could pay dividends down the road for a rebuilding team.

We're not a playoff team so do we really care if we have a marginally better #2 over a #2 who could become more maybe eventually ????

And even saying Fitz is marginally better than Brohm is debatable. He has more experience than Brohm. That's it. And that is only experience at being average.

Oaf
08-29-2010, 08:50 AM
I'll take Brohm. The difference is negligible between the two, and if Edwards goes down, the season's up anyways (likely true injury or not though).

X-Era
08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Ive said my peace on this. I think we will pick Fitz and that it is the wrong choice.

Extremebillsfan247
08-29-2010, 08:58 AM
A lot of people were rooting for Brohm to be the starter this year. Still more were convinced he was going to be the #2 behind Trent as the offseason progressed. After 3 games, who would you be more comfortable with as a back-up: Fitz or Brohm?

I don't think that Brohm's potential warrants a roster spot because I feel that Fitz is a solid back-up that can obviously start if need be. Our developmental guy should be Brown instead of Brohm, IMO.

How do you guys feel? there are quiet rumors springing up already that one of these 2 QBs could end up in Arizona. Some are saying that Fitzpatrick was being showcased last night. Although, I don't really know if there is any truth to that.

JCBills
08-29-2010, 10:39 AM
I think it's because the coaching staff had targeted him as one of 2 QBs worthy of development in late round (Skelton was the other). He's an unknown with good skills.

Brohm is an unknown to a point, but he's been pretty much released already and hasn't shown much improvement in his 3 years in the league.

And Trent has? I'm not ready to champion or write off anyone.

more cowbell
08-29-2010, 11:55 AM
there are quiet rumors springing up already that one of these 2 QBs could end up in Arizona. Some are saying that Fitzpatrick was being showcased last night. Although, I don't really know if there is any truth to that.

Leinart, Anderson > Fitzpatrick