• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NextbillsQB
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jun 2010

Spiller=Sanders

Starts a game with - yards and runs backwards, but still will dominate and be great
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: Spiller=Sanders

not so fast my friend.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

After 3 preseason games? See Carnell Williams...

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Doh!
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
          not so fast my friend.
          I have to agree at this point. As much as I'm excited about him, and my other thread should show that, I cant equate him with much of anything yet.

Spiller has to show he can go against #1 defenses week in and week out and still rack up the yards before I will believe he can be great. I think its true now, but I have to see more proof. I can see the arguments that he is our version of Reggie Bush. He needs to show he is durable enough to earn the starting job and then excel as a starter.

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Barry Sanders was the best running back that set foot on this planet. That said Reggie Bush is no CJ Spiller.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• NextbillsQB
              Veteran Zoner
              • Jun 2010

I mean style wise, is it not that obvious?

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NextbillsQB
                I mean style wise, is it not that obvious?

If Barry Sanders had Spillers speed he would have rushed for 3000 yards in a season.

The styles are really not even that close. Sorry.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

I love Spiller BTW, and think he could be super special. But lets not get out of hand. He has 20 or so preseason carries.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

If Barry Sanders had Spillers speed he would have rushed for 3000 yards in a season.

The styles are really not even that close. Sorry.
                    This comment intrigues me.

Breakdown the differences in styles between the two if you would. I think you're on to something.

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                      This comment intrigues me.

Breakdown the differences in styles between the two if you would. I think you're on to something.

Barry had better balance and vision. His center of gravity was better also, ala Emmitt Smith. Build was a bit better for inside running. That guys thighs were as big around as Aaron Maybins waist. Now what is similar between Sanders and Spiller is the acceleration from stopped to full speed. They have similar acceleration but Spiller has the better top end speed making him lethal in the open field.

There is a start......

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

welcome back mitchell
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Barry had better balance and vision. His center of gravity was better also, ala Emmitt Smith. Build was a bit better for inside running. That guys thighs were as big around as Aaron Maybins waist. Now what is similar between Sanders and Spiller is the acceleration from stopped to full speed. They have similar acceleration but Spiller has the better top end speed making him lethal in the open field.

There is a start......

I like it.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

There is a start......
                            Heres where I think they differ.

Sanders had incredible moves, he could keep any defender from getting a firm grip on him. It came from playing flag football as a kid. He was able to juke and move so that the defenders couldnt ever get close enough to tackle him.

Spiller doesn't have that level of elusiveness to me.

I think he has blazing speed and great change of direction which can leave many players looking for their shoes. But, he wont have the vision of Barry and wont work his way through 3 or 4 tacklers as he breaks off a long run. I think Spiller is different because he will get outside or behind the line and will burn the rest of the defenders with his speed.

Comment

• BidsJr
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                              Heres where I think they differ.

Sanders had incredible moves, he could keep any defender from getting a firm grip on him. It came from playing flag football as a kid. He was able to juke and move so that the defenders couldnt ever get close enough to tackle him.

Spiller doesn't have that level of elusiveness to me.

I think he has blazing speed and great change of direction which can leave many players looking for their shoes. But, he wont have the vision of Barry and wont work his way through 3 or 4 tacklers as he breaks off a long run. I think Spiller is different because he will get outside or behind the line and will burn the rest of the defenders with his speed.

Barry was magic in traffic. The best ever. Spiller so far, can get caught up in the congestion.

Spiller though could make up for that as a reciever. Which Barry was never really utilized as.

It will be fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X