PDA

View Full Version : WTH NFL Network?

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-29-2010, 07:03 AM
I set my DVR last night for the taping and the Bills weren't on. The info says Cincy-Buff, but the Saints game is on. Is this what I can expect from the NFL channel?

chernobylwraiths
08-29-2010, 07:10 AM
It was blacked out in Buffalo. They CAN'T show it in Buffalo legally.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-29-2010, 07:18 AM
It was blacked out in Buffalo. They CAN'T show it in Buffalo legally.

At all? I thought they could show it after the game was over.

ddaryl
08-29-2010, 07:19 AM
yeah they can replay the game after the fact... I'll have to check my DVR when I get home

chernobylwraiths
08-29-2010, 07:23 AM
At all? I thought they could show it after the game was over.

Well yeah, I think they can replay it later, but I don't know when that would be. Was there a time on NFL Network's schedule for the replay? I know it was going to be relayed probably on WKBW too, but I have no idea what time that would be.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
08-29-2010, 07:28 AM
It's on @ 7pm tonight on channel 13 in the Rochester area

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Well yeah, I think they can replay it later, but I don't know when that would be. Was there a time on NFL Network's schedule for the replay? I know it was going to be relayed probably on WKBW too, but I have no idea what time that would be.

It was scheduled to play at 2:30 am.

better days
08-29-2010, 07:55 AM
I have Direct TV & my guide says 8PM Monday is the 1st showing of the game on NFL Network.

chernobylwraiths
08-29-2010, 07:56 AM
It was scheduled to play at 2:30 am.

Oh. If you had that record and it didn't record I don't know. I thought I remembered that a blacked out game couldn't be replayed for like 24 hours or something.

I just checked WKBW's website and it said it is replaying the game tonight at 8. I think NFL network won't replay it for Buffalo until Monday.

better days
08-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Oh. If you had that record and it didn't record I don't know. I thought I remembered that a blacked out game couldn't be replayed for like 24 hours or something.

I just checked WKBW's website and it said it is replaying the game tonight at 8. I think NFL network won't replay it for Buffalo until Monday.

NFL Network won't show the Bills game until 8 PM Monday ANYWHERE in the USA.

malo
08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
My directv guide and the calendar on nfl network's site are different. Very frustrating.

hydro
08-29-2010, 08:45 AM
I tried to record it last night too. Couldn't believe it was the Saints game.

DMBcrew36
08-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Tonight @ 8pm on WKBW (Channel 7) here in BUFFALO

PromoTheRobot
08-29-2010, 09:53 AM
NFLN can't show a replay before it's shown in the local market.

PTR

madness
08-29-2010, 10:09 AM
That's BS. I just found out the same thing. My Sunday is ruined. :mad:

jimbledsoe
08-29-2010, 10:10 AM
I set my DVR last night for the taping and the Bills weren't on. The info says Cincy-Buff, but the Saints game is on. Is this what I can expect from the NFL channel?

They changed their programming on Friday night. It was scheduled to be shown at 2:00 am, then they changed it for some reason. I have had NFL network for almost 5 years and I have never seen them do that before, within 24 hours of a game. I have no idea why, it is very annoying.

JCBills
08-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Just looking at NFLN schedule on my TV, they would seriously rather replay other games 2-3 times before showing ours for the first time.

DraftBoy
08-29-2010, 11:04 AM
They changed their programming on Friday night. It was scheduled to be shown at 2:00 am, then they changed it for some reason. I have had NFL network for almost 5 years and I have never seen them do that before, within 24 hours of a game. I have no idea why, it is very annoying.

That's not true for me, my NFLN schedule on my guide never showed it at 2:00am. Which is why when I read people saying it was replaying at 2am I was confused. Mine has always said tomorrow night at 8pm. I have Comcast, maybe some providers got the news earlier than others?

DraftBoy
08-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Just looking at NFLN schedule on my TV, they would seriously rather replay other games 2-3 times before showing ours for the first time.

They cant show it before the local market does.

And beside that fact, its not like we are an important team to them either.

better days
08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
They cant show it before the local market does.

And beside that fact, its not like we are an important team to them either.

Nor is Cinci an important team, but the fact it has to be shown locally 1st is the big thing.

chernobylwraiths
08-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Maybe they expected to sell out the "kid's day" game considering that game is usually sold out and it is the only preseason game this year.

ServoBillieves
08-29-2010, 12:01 PM
So I have to watch ****sburgh before I get to see my Bills down here in Pittsburgh? I'm rarely up in Olean with family and the ONE TIME we're all there together the game is blacked out... Stupid kids day...

DraftBoy
08-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Nor is Cinci an important team, but the fact it has to be shown locally 1st is the big thing.

Agreed.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-29-2010, 07:31 PM
So I have to watch ****sburgh before I get to see my Bills down here in Pittsburgh? I'm rarely up in Olean with family and the ONE TIME we're all there together the game is blacked out... Stupid kids day... You do realize that the reason they do Kids Day is to make sure the game sells out? Yet somehow it didn't-- even though I knew a whole bunch of people from around this town that were going.

Usually, these Kids Day games sell out anyway. I wonder what happened this year-- have the fans become that fed up?

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-29-2010, 07:36 PM
I took my kid one year and there were drunks in my section dropping "F" Bombs amongst other things, that was my kids last game.

DraftBoy
08-29-2010, 08:23 PM
You do realize that the reason they do Kids Day is to make sure the game sells out? Yet somehow it didn't-- even though I knew a whole bunch of people from around this town that were going.

Usually, these Kids Day games sell out anyway. I wonder what happened this year-- have the fans become that fed up?

Economy would be my best guess.

better days
08-29-2010, 10:18 PM
I took my kid one year and there were drunks in my section dropping "F" Bombs amongst other things, that was my kids last game.

Well if your kid is older than 6 I'm sure he has heard it all before that game.