Both listed at 6' - 5"

David Nelson rookie played in 2 of 3 preseason games 7 catches 81 yards

Hardy Preseason career 7 of 12 games 4 catch 66 yds
James Hardy 3rd year pro. Pro Career 10 catches 91 yards

We have our big guy... It's obvioulsy not Hardy

Beebe's Kid
08-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Bump, for a little dd love.

Good call. Nelson was a good find as an UDFA, and Hardy was a complete bust as a 2 Rd DP... hopefully these differences between then and now continue to show.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2010, 04:01 PM
When I watched him in the Jets game I said this guy is horrible. The fact that Nelson played hurt and Hardy was nursing his modeling career tells me enough.

If Hardy is just the product of bad luck I still don't want him here. How hard is it to flash at least some sign of life that shows that you deserved to be a 2nd round pick.

For all of the hate on this board for Maybin, me included, he's at least showed some occassional flashes. Not much but better than the zero that Hardy has been so far.

Beebe's Kid
08-30-2010, 04:13 PM
When I watched him in the Jets game I said this guy is horrible. The fact that Nelson played hurt and Hardy was nursing his modeling career tells me enough.

If Hardy is just the product of bad luck I still don't want him here. How hard is it to flash at least some sign of life that shows that you deserved to be a 2nd round pick.

For all of the hate on this board for Maybin, me included, he's at least showed some occassional flashes. Not much but better than the zero that Hardy has been so far.

Maybin tries. He tries hard. He looked good on Saturday, ok maybe not good, but he made improvements, and I am encouraged by that.

Hardy doesn't even appear to be trying.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Maybin tries. He tries hard. He looked good on Saturday, ok maybe not good, but he made improvements, and I am encouraged by that.

Sadly Hardy might be working hard but either way it's not showing up on the field.

Nelson has come back from 2 injuries to contribute in the pre-season.

The fact that Chan Gailey singled out Hardy as "average" early on tells you he doesn't think that much of him.

Oaf
08-30-2010, 04:19 PM

Everything Hardy's said and people have said about him says he's a hard worker. He's got one more chance to prove that this Thursday, the Bills O staff should plan to give him a long look.

Buffalogic
08-30-2010, 05:39 PM
What battle?? Nelson has already won.

Beebe's Kid
08-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Everything Hardy's said and people have said about him says he's a hard worker. He's got one more chance to prove that this Thursday, the Bills O staff should plan to give him a long look.

This may be true, and I don't want to give the impression that Hardy is a complete slouch. I am just saying that is does not appear that he is trying. Maybe he does not possess the upside that Jauron and Co. thought he did when they drafted him.

That would be odd, since they were such great evaluators of talent...

I think we would be stupid to cut Nelson, which I believe is moot, because I think he has already earned a spot on this team. Jackson I think will be around as well. I just don't see us letting either of these two go.

I wish Hardy would have worked out, but if, at the end of the day, we end up with a big physical receiver, I don't care if he came from Yale or jail, I will just be glad to have one.

G Wolly
08-30-2010, 08:03 PM
What battle?? Nelson has already won.

I was coming in here to say that.

Well played.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-30-2010, 09:30 PM
nelson is the same size but he is a more natural receiver and smoother athlete and better hands. hes the perfect no. 4 wr...

Hogwasher
08-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Nelson is a great target in a seven step drop offense. We can dream about having one of those.

TigerJ
08-31-2010, 10:46 PM
I wanted Hardy to succeed badly, but nothing seems to have worked out for him. If Nelson is better, then it's time to end the Hardy experiment. I would like to see Nelson put on a little more meat by the 2011 season though.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2010, 12:29 AM
i think nelson is better and his girlfriend is a sexy lady.

zone
09-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Just another example that draft order means nothing.

ddaryl
09-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Just another example that draft order means nothing.

that is not completley true.....

if draft order doesn't matter are you willing ot give Spiller back and draft 15 picks later in the 1st round instead ?

TigerJ
09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
that is not completley true.....

if draft order doesn't matter are you willing ot give Spiller back and draft 15 picks later in the 1st round instead ?Agreed. Draft order is not a guarantee by any means, but in theory draft position will affect the odds of having a successful NFL career if you have decent talent evaluators on your staff. A lot more first round picks go on to have NFL careers than seventh round picks.

ddaryl
09-01-2010, 11:21 AM
draft order does matter, but drafting intelligently can be equally fruitful would of been an acceptable answer.

Mahdi
09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
I still think both Hardy and Nelson make this team. Hardy did have a nice catch on a deep ball in the last game along the sideline.

I think he still has a chance to be a good WR.

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
The battles is not Hardy vs.Nelson

It might be Hardy vs.Chad Jackson

Or Hardy vs. McCargo. Or Coleman. Or Corner/Youboty/Lankster. Or Cary Harris. Or Keith Ellison. Or Hennessey. Or Andrew George. Or Chad Simpson. Joique Bell.

But it sure as is not Hardy vs. Nelson