PDA

View Full Version : Tim Graham: Fitz to Arizona?

homeslice5484
08-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Or is Brohm in trouble if they dont practice squad Brown?

Maybe the Bills were showcasing Ryan Fitzpatrick for a potential trade (hello, Arizona?). Otherwise, Brohm can't like the fact he quarterbacked only two series late in the fourth quarter. Brohm threw one pass, an incompletion.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/17078/observations-from-bengals-at-bills

ddaryl
08-29-2010, 01:14 PM
fitz didn't get much opportunity in game #2 so it's a hard call at this point. I think we'll know exactly what's what by how they play in game #4

Novacane
08-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Fitzpatrick for Fitzgerald!

trapezeus
08-29-2010, 01:20 PM
seems like pure speculation. I know arizona is in trouble with leinart, but i doubt they think Fitz or brohm are worth trading for, especially with word that the bills are dropping one of them.

X-Era
08-29-2010, 02:04 PM
seems like pure speculation. I know arizona is in trouble with leinart, but i doubt they think Fitz or brohm are worth trading for, especially with word that the bills are dropping one of them.

Where did you hear that?

TigerJ
08-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Most observers seem to think the QB competition is between Brohm and Fitz to back up Trent, with the loser getting dumped. If that really is what the Bills are thinking, it only makes sense for the Bills to shop the guy they think is behind that competition in hopes of getting something for him. As for what finally happens, I have no idea. In the last preseason game, I think Edwards will play about a series with Brohm coming in in the first quarter. It would not surprise me to see Brohm play the rest of the first half. I think Fitz gets the third quarter and Brown the fourth. If the Bills haven't made up their mind before then, performances in that game will go a long way toward determining who stays and who goes.

trapezeus
08-29-2010, 02:28 PM
the question is, "is arizona the only team fretting about QB?"

i feel like the seahawks might be looking for a capable number 2 as well.

i just don't see brohm or fitz as being that good of an upgrade to give anything away. and they can start with who they've got respectively. the bills most likely will have to release one of them or put brown on the PS which means they can snatch him up with only the bills having to counter.

if it was reversed and edwards was horrible, and fitz and brohm not much better, would you want us to give up a pick or player for another QB that isn't a guarantee? I don't think you would. espeecially knowing that a couple QB's will hit the market in the next week or two. i think most of us would say, "edwards is what he is and can get us through week1. if its that bad, pick someone else up. "

EricStratton
08-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Arizona will start Derek Anderson if Matt washes out.The only trade hope would be if they dump Matt and need a number 2, a long shot at best.

Ebenezer
08-29-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd be willing to trade any player that doesn't make the final 53....and some that will, too.

YardRat
08-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Pulling something else out of his ass, or does he have 'a source'?

EDS
08-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Could the Bills even get a bag of footballs in return for a trade of one of their back-up QBs?

Mad Max
08-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Could the Bills even get a bag of footballs in return for a trade of one of their back-up QBs?

No.

Maybe one Nerf ball.

Used, with the coloring mostly abraded off.

mikemac2001
08-29-2010, 03:30 PM
No.

Maybe one Nerf ball.

Used, with the coloring mostly abraded off.

does it have the whistler on it??

don137
08-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I think Anderson and Fitzpatrick are made from the same mold. They are decent backup QBs that can do a great pass every now and then however they are not consistent to be an everyday starter. With that said I just do not think Fitzpatrick is any upgrade over Anderson.

Michael82
08-29-2010, 04:11 PM
With Levi Brown not getting any snaps at all in the game and not getting much reps in camp, I'm starting to think that the Bills plan to stash him on their practice squad for a season. They Keep Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm with Brown on the PS.

Mad Max
08-29-2010, 04:49 PM
does it have the whistler on it??

Please. Be reasonable. We're stretching it with a plain ordinary used Nerf. A "Howler" coming our way would likely require a sweetner such as Maybin.

X-Era
08-29-2010, 05:11 PM
With Levi Brown not getting any snaps at all in the game and not getting much reps in camp, I'm starting to think that the Bills plan to stash him on their practice squad for a season. They Keep Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm with Brown on the PS.

I think they might have wanted the other 31 teams to think that last night.

X-Era
08-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Watching the Bears and Cards game... both LeFevour and Hall look good. LeFevour was drafted in the 6th and Hall went undrafted.

casdhf
08-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I think Anderson and Fitzpatrick are made from the same mold. They are decent backup QBs that can do a great pass every now and then however they are not consistent to be an everyday starter. With that said I just do not think Fitzpatrick is any upgrade over Anderson. I really don't agree with this. If we had a QB with Fitz's mind and Anderson's body ... we'd have finally found our QB.

Boomstick
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Please. Be reasonable. We're stretching it with a plain ordinary used Nerf. A "Howler" coming our way would likely require a sweetner such as Maybin.

I'd make that trade...

BuffaloBlitz83
08-29-2010, 09:22 PM
I really don't agree with this. If we had a QB with Fitz's mind and Anderson's body ... we'd have finally found our QB.

Neither make the right throws though lol