PDA

View Full Version : One of many reasons i won't miss Jauron

trapezeus
08-29-2010, 01:28 PM
"They were playing the run very hard to start with," Gailey said. "After we saw that, we figured we had to throw it a bunch to soften them up a little bit, and I thought we were able to do that."

After a cincinnati loss, Dick Jauron would have said, "we did some good things. we obviously aren't happy about the outcome, but i can't comment on the what if's until we look at the film.

Meanwhile gailey watches one series and says, "they are stopping the run, let's throw and see if that works." Wow. It takes so little to impress me these days.

justasportsfan
08-29-2010, 11:13 PM
na, coaching wasn't the problem last year. Dick wasn't at fault at all for the unimaginative and predictable offense

Buddo
08-30-2010, 03:52 AM
The thing that I like about Gailey, is that he really doesn't care how the job gets done, so long as it happens.
I think there's so much emphasis on 'labelling' things these days, that when people ask what type of offence he runs, and don't get an easy answer, they assume he either doesn't know, hasn't decided, or just doesn't know what he is doing, all of which are very far from the truth.
There are a lot of signs that he can produce an effective offense already. There are also signs that the O-Line is starting to gel - the screens for McIntyre and Spiller were both well executed plays.
Where we need to improve dramatically, is in STs and defense. Hopefully the improvement in defense can come with having everyone available, and using the full 'package' of blitzes etc.

Mahdi
08-30-2010, 07:01 AM
na, coaching wasn't the problem last year. Dick wasn't at fault at all for the unimaginative and predictable offense
I think he was at fault for not having an OC. Play calling is half the battle.

mikemac2001
08-30-2010, 07:31 AM

For 4 years?

Dick was a scared **** didn't want to chance anything

Mahdi
08-30-2010, 07:35 AM
For 4 years?

Dick was a scared **** didn't want to chance anything
I really don't believe that. What did he have to lose? Why would he be scared? I think he just had no clue about offense, which is fine, but he also had an OC who had no clue. If the Bills had a good offense the last few years they could have made the playoffs a couple times considering all the games we lost with our offense scoring 10 points and defense playing well into the 4th quarter.

trapezeus
08-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Some CEO's might not be salesmen, but they better find salesmen to keep the revenue. They can't hide behind, "i didn't know sales and that's why the company failed."

Dick Jauron was a conservative moron who played not to lose. And he didn't practice enough plays that when he foudn out he was getting shut down, he didn't want to fail trying different things. plus he set theplayers up to fail.

How many times did trent do the hand signals behind the line of scrimmage on run plays only, how many times did josh reed run in motion signaling that the bills were running the direction Reed was going?

This happened for a while. The guy is not born to coach professional or collegiate football. as ahead coach he should be a pop warner coach. at the pros he should do what he is doing and stick with the positional coaching.

justasportsfan
08-30-2010, 10:26 AM

I agree. Dicks standards of picking the OC was horrible because he was clueless offensively. It's starting to look like Fairchild, Shonert and AVP were handcuffed by Dicks philosophy of playing not to lose. No wonder why Failchild left, Shonert *****ed up a storm and AVP went aggressive when Dick was fired.

Anyone can see how Parrish and Trent are like night and day compared to their performance last year.

The same can be said about TO. All of a sudden he looks like the probowl TO before he came to buffalo.

Don't know how there can be any Dick defenders left . Anyone who thinks that coaching was not to blame needs to go back and relearn team sport.

trapezeus
08-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Don't know how there can be any Dick defenders left?

Dick Jauron was like a simple early 80's video game where there is no AI in the system. the computer literally does the same pattern over and over again, regardless of play. and therefore, once you beat the board, you will always know how to beat the board because the same things happen in the same order.

I wonder how young a person could be to defeat Dick Jauron the NFL head coach with equally as talented teams. I'm venturing to guess that a smart football highschool student would be able to outcoach Jauron. I'm not even trying to be smart alecky either. i think that's straight up fact.

BidsJr
08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Dick's downfall here was the same as his downfall in Chicago. He could not manage an offense to save his life.

If he would have hired Chan Gailey last year after the Cheifs let him go, he might still be head coach.

cpearl
08-30-2010, 10:54 AM

This is more accurate. Now, Jauron was a terrible coach, there is no disputing that. But firing the OC a week before the season, then having an inexperienced Pill act as OC/QB coach for the rest of the season killed us. From what the players have said about last year's offensive coaches, it seems like it was pure chaos.

trapezeus
08-30-2010, 11:04 AM
chaos only because jauron still seemingly meddled with the green OC's. it was a crappy situation, but jauron, if he was as smart as they all kept telling us, would have put a competent person in charge of the offense and then trusted him to execute at a high level.

instead he found progressively weaker OC's where he felt that his brillance on offense could smooth things out.

i thought i would be over my jauron anger once he was fired, but the more i hear about his coaching methods and the staff turmoil, the more i hate him now.

ServoBillieves
08-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Dick Jauron sucked.