• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

yahoo: worst to first

the yahoo video on this was bland and uninteresting. jason cole and mike silver refused to even listen to the bills as a candidate to go from worst in their division to first. they picked the redskins, the chiefs, the browns and the lions as possibles.

without gettinig in over my head with the preseason results and the new look offense, i don't know why the bills can't be considered in that group.

1. our coach isn't fighting with our best defensive player like the redskins have.
    2. we don't have a coach who has the blank stare and no changes to make like the browns do. they give holmgren more chance walking in on a bad team just because of his name.
    3. we have more talent than the chiefs at this point. chiefs are in a bad division so they do have a shot and both reporters acknowledged as much.
    4. lions are still a ways off. they're getting better, and i could see them turning it around with chicago struggling, minnesota in bad shape injury wise and greenbay having problems on defense.

all they said about the bills was that the QB situation is tragically bad.
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: yahoo: worst to first

Well both the Lions and Redskins will have better records than us this year. I wouldnt choose us for Worst to First.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i would. i think our division is grossly overrated this year. pats are old, jets will let down, dolphins are still just chugging along as a middling team. We have as good a shot as any if the offense can churn the clock and put up 6 instead of 3.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
        i would. i think our division is grossly overrated this year. pats are old, jets will let down, dolphins are still just chugging along as a middling team. We have as good a shot as any if the offense can churn the clock and put up 6 instead of 3.

....Wow i agree with trap!. Our division is TERRIBLE. Pats def might be worst in the league this year. Fins are a .500 club. Jets will have to rely on sanchez too much i dont know if thats a good thing. Like trap said if we put up 6 instead of 3 well be in it till the end.

Comment

• Prov401
          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
          ....Wow i agree with trap!. Our division is TERRIBLE. Pats def might be worst in the league this year. Fins are a .500 club. Jets will have to rely on sanchez too much i dont know if thats a good thing. Like trap said if we put up 6 instead of 3 well be in it till the end.
          I'm hoping this is sarcasm..?

Brady has looked very sharp. Although I will say, the Pats defense doesn't scare me a bit, as it has in the past. They have no veteran leadership on that side of the ball.

The Jets are total opposite. Their offense doesn't scare me at all. However, their defense is rock solid, and should be in the top 5.

The Dolphins aren't that good, and I see a 6-8 win season out of them.

I think we can compete in our division this year. Win it? Probably not. But I truly beleive if we can generate a pass rush that we can beat the Pats once this year.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81

Brady has looked very sharp. Although I will say, the Pats defense doesn't scare me a bit, as it has in the past. They have no veteran leadership on that side of the ball.

Brady looking sharp helps there def how...? What vetrean leadership are you talking about?

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

When you least expect it......expect it.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• G Wolly
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81

When he said "def" he meant "Defense" not "definitely"

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

the yahoo video on this was bland and uninteresting. jason cole and mike silver refused to even listen to the bills as a candidate to go from worst in their division to first. they picked the redskins, the chiefs, the browns and the lions as possibles.

without gettinig in over my head with the preseason results and the new look offense, i don't know why the bills can't be considered in that group.

1. our coach isn't fighting with our best defensive player like the redskins have.
                  2. we don't have a coach who has the blank stare and no changes to make like the browns do. they give holmgren more chance walking in on a bad team just because of his name.
                  3. we have more talent than the chiefs at this point. chiefs are in a bad division so they do have a shot and both reporters acknowledged as much.
                  4. lions are still a ways off. they're getting better, and i could see them turning it around with chicago struggling, minnesota in bad shape injury wise and greenbay having problems on defense.

Surprisingly enough, I looked at ESPN magazine's NFL preview today and they had the Chiefs listed as winning the division. That's based on a certain number of simulations.

In the end, there's a lot of hype about certain teams. I don't believe any of those teams truly have a better shot than Buffalo does.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                    • Aug 2002

In truth, we really don't know what this team is capable of. If everyone stays healthy and the coaches make good decisions, we might very well see them challenge for the division title.

Many folks are quick to judge the ("lack of") talent on the Bills roster.

However, in the very next breath, they talk about how horrible the coaching has been in Buffalo. The third breath speaks of Buffalo leading the league in injuries 3 of the past 4 years.

It would not shock me one bit if there are up to a half-dozen players on the roster who suddenly "get it" this season and have big years. i.e. Trent Edwards
                    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                      In truth, we really don't know what this team is capable of. If everyone stays healthy and the coaches make good decisions, we might very well see them challenge for the division title.

Many folks are quick to judge the ("lack of") talent on the Bills roster.

However, in the very next breath, they talk about how horrible the coaching has been in Buffalo. The third breath speaks of Buffalo leading the league in injuries 3 of the past 4 years.

It would not shock me one bit if there are up to a half-dozen players on the roster who suddenly "get it" this season and have big years. i.e. Trent Edwards
                      And the AFC East did not go from bad to good this year. The Bills have been playing in a tough division for some time now & even with Dick as HC managed about 7 Wins per year.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

The Patriots still have Brady, Moss, and a healthy Wes Welker, not to mention one of the craftiest coaches in the NFL, Bill Belichick. We don't call him Belicheat for nothing. lol As long as that group is together, it's going to be pretty difficult to see the Bills at the top of this division. So worst to first might very well be out of the question here. We have to learn to win before we can dominate, and that will take time. We've only had one winning season in the last 10 years. Not to overuse this old adage but Rome wasn't built in a day. A division champion wont be either, at least not in Buffalo. We have a long way to go and a lot to prove before we can take that kind of a step. JMO
                        Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

I'm guessing that most of the "worst to first" occurrences have come about because of the NFC South and the NFC West.
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• northernbillfan
                            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

It's a long shot, but not impossible.

That said, are we being over optimistic due to the play of the last two preseason games, against second and third stringers fighting for a position on the team?
                            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by psubills62
                              I'm guessing that most of the "worst to first" occurrences have come about because of the NFC South and the NFC West.
                              After a quick look, it appears that going from worst to first has happened 10 times in the past 6 years. Half of them have come from the NFC South. Eight of those 10 have come from the NFC, with the Chargers (worst in 2003, first in 2004) and Dolphins (worst in 2007, first in 2008) being the only AFC representatives.
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X