PDA

View Full Version : Observations from the game my current 53 man opening day roster

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2010, 02:27 PM
1. No more pre-tailgate people. You can no longer line-up in the parking lot driveway before the game. The driveway opens at the same time the lot does. This is police enforced.

2. No Mikey-isms but the Historian did comment on Corey McIntyre "Look at his ass!"

3. At least some of the restrooms have been redone. Urinals with walls in between and electronic eye flushing capability. Same with the sinks. Newly poured floors.

4. Seeing Spiller live is special. The guy is impressive as hell.

5. Edwards was reading everything very well. Maybe being rid of Jauron is going to make him decent.

6. The Bills have good DBs. And, like I have been saying, Whitner is the best safety on the team (Byrd's run defense is too weak)

7. The front 7 is lacking. Ellis might have been the best of the bunch. The LBs overpursue and are vulnerable to cut backs.

8. The OL was actually decent.

9. People are down on Hardy for his drop(s), but he was getting open.

10. David Nelson is the 4th WR right now. Jackson and hardy are fighting for #5.

11. Roosevelt is PS bound.

12. Special teams look bad. Real bad. I think they will have some decent returns though.

13. Fitz is a decent back-up. He locked up #2 last night.

14. Corey McIntyre looks decent. A fullback screen? I love it!!!

15. Stupar is a horrible blocker. Just terrible. That is why he is a #3 TE in this league

My roster:

STs - Lindell, Moorman, Sanborn (3,3)

QBs - Trent, Fitz, Brown (3, 6)

RBs - Spiller, Lynch, Jackson, Bell (4,10)

FBs - McIntrye (1, 11)

WRs - Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Parrish, Hardy, Jackson (6, 17)

TEs - Stupar, Foschi, Schouman (3,20)

OL - Green, Levitre, Hamgartner, Wood, Bell, Meredith, Howard, Wang, Calloway (9, 29)

DL - Williams, Edwards, Stroud, Troup, McCargo, Carrington, (6,35)

LBs - Kelsay, Torbor, Maybin, Ellis, Mitchell, Poz, Davis, Moats , Ellison (9, 44)

DBs - McKelvin, McGee, Florence, Corner, Youboty, Whitner, Byrd, Harris, Wilson (9,53)

Suspended - Shawn Nelson

A few notes - yes I have Byron Scott getting cut. He was playing way late yesterday. They will use a OL as 3rd TE until Schouman is back. Some of the last guys to make it - McCargo, Calloway, Wang, Keith Ellison, Reggie Corner, Bell (just beating out Simpson), Hardy and Chad Jackson. Brown could go and end up on the PS with Brohm sticking as #3.

The last guys to go - Scott, Andrew George, Spencer Johnson (McCargo has been better, imo), Chambers, Chad Simpson.

PS candidates - Roosevelt, Dominique Harris, Saregant, Antonio Coleman, Lonnie Harvey and one of the cut OL.

When Nelson comes back, Foschi or one of the WRs gets the axe.

YardRat
08-29-2010, 02:43 PM
The only part I might disagree with is I could see them going with 6 corners and 5 receivers, cutting Hardy or Jackson (although I think CJ should be higher on the depth chart) in favor of Lankster. Not that Lankster has done much, especially in coverage, to actually earn a spot in the backfield, but it could turn out to be a numbers/special teams situation.

YardRat
08-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Just watched the first half on WKBW...Scott was a regular part of the dime package early in the game, so I'm not too sure about him being on the chopping block.