PDA

View Full Version : Spiller is getting some serious attention!!

HHURRICANE
08-29-2010, 07:02 PM
NFL Network just devoted a small segment to Spiller and than finished the show talking about who he reminds them of and who would be his competition for rookie of the year.

This is pretty exciting.

SquishDaFish
08-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Love it. Kid is def going to be a special one.

Mike in Syracuse
08-29-2010, 07:09 PM
You mean the same NFL network that made fun of us before the Washington game? The same network that that said Spiller was a "luxury" pick and that the Bills don't know what they're doing?

**** them, I hope the Bills tear it up this year so I can write to Jamie Dukes and tell him what an ignorant douche bag he is.

BidsJr
08-29-2010, 08:14 PM
You mean the same NFL network that made fun of us before the Washington game? The same network that that said Spiller was a "luxury" pick and that the Bills don't know what they're doing?

**** them, I hope the Bills tear it up this year so I can write to Jamie Dukes and tell him what an ignorant douche bag he is.

Jamie Dukes is Joe Theismann with half the brain..... and I detest Joe Theismann.

Goobylal
08-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Jamie Dukes is Joe Theismann with half the brain..... and I detest Joe Theismann.
Joe Theismann has a brain?

BidsJr
08-29-2010, 08:26 PM

Half of a half of a half.

Joe Fo Sho
08-29-2010, 08:26 PM

ZIIIIING!!!

Raptor
08-29-2010, 08:36 PM
is there video of the segment?

YardRat
08-29-2010, 08:37 PM
That one week holdout really hurt him, didn't it?

tampabay25690
08-29-2010, 09:06 PM
They will talk about Spiller all AM tomorrow....
Maybe a few more Bills fans will call NFL Sirius tomorrow...

HHURRICANE
08-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Marshall Faulk saying something nice about a Bills player is pretty funny. The segment should make one of the video recaps on NFL.com.

Still nice to see no matter what you think of Jamie Dukes, etc.

jimbledsoe
08-29-2010, 11:01 PM
NFL Network just devoted a small segment to Spiller and than finished the show talking about who he reminds them of and who would be his competition for rookie of the year.

This is pretty exciting.

This is the Same NFL network, and even ESPN that said his talentw will be wasted in Buffalo. They can all sit and spin.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2010, 11:06 PM
they are all haters on us...

but when we win the superbowl, I hope our players talk so much $#!t to ESPN that ESPN gives us no coverage afterwards.

Eventually
08-30-2010, 12:30 AM
They will talk about Spiller all AM tomorrow....
Maybe a few more Bills fans will call NFL Sirius tomorrow...

For sure, Schein and Gannon were raving about him last week, so no need to think they won't do the same this week. The thing I want to hear them talk about is this sudden Buffalo Bills offensive explosion. I'm half tempted to call in myself, but I just don't want to be that guy that gets the hey there trigger, slow down a little bit, response.

Nonetheless it'll be nice again to actually hear the Bills discussed positively, and there certainly have been a few positives so far

Miami_Vice
08-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Spiller is an absolute stud and looks like he will be a big time weapon for your offense.

I really wish you guys didnt draft him lol.

The last buffalo fan
08-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm no expert, but Colts and Cats have not a good defense. Still, CJ is the real deal.

ddaryl
08-30-2010, 01:01 PM
and there will probbaly be 4-5 teams wishing they would have picked Spiller...

Wasn't completley on board before the draft, but I fully understand now.

psubills62
08-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm no expert, but Colts and Cats have not a good defense. Still, CJ is the real deal.

Colts returned all 11 starters from last year plus Bob Sanders. Bengals had a top 5 defense overall in YPG, and 6th overall in PPG. They were 7th against the run (in YPG), 5th in run YPA, 6th against the pass (in YPG), and 5th in passing YPA.

That's with one of their best pass-rushers (Antwan Odom) missing 10 games last year, though he got 8 sacks in the 6 games he played.

So I'd say the Bengals and Colts defenses weren't bad tests. More stout than Detroit's defense will be, though the Lions' DL will be something to keep an eye on.

better days
08-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Colts returned all 11 starters from last year plus Bob Sanders. Bengals had a top 5 defense overall in YPG, and 6th overall in PPG. They were 7th against the run (in YPG), 5th in run YPA, 6th against the pass (in YPG), and 5th in passing YPA.

That's with one of their best pass-rushers (Antwan Odom) missing 10 games last year, though he got 8 sacks in the 6 games he played.

So I'd say the Bengals and Colts defenses weren't bad tests. More stout than Detroit's defense will be, though the Lions' DL will be something to keep an eye on.

Not to mention, the Bengals beat both the Steelers & Ravens last year............TWICE. I'm sure they did not do that with their offense alone.

better days
08-30-2010, 01:17 PM
and there will probbaly be 4-5 teams wishing they would have picked Spiller...

Wasn't completley on board before the draft, but I fully understand now.

I will bet more than one team said "Oh CRAP" when Spillers name went off the board last draft.

John Doe
08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
For what its worth, John Gruden was has been high on Spiller and he called him the best player in the draft today (08/30/10).