PDA

View Full Version : Ran Into Fred Jackson- His hand looks like ****

patmoran2006
08-29-2010, 07:34 PM
I was at Walmart and he along with his wife and baby were directly in front of me at checkout..

I'd be personally shocked if he's ready to play on opening day.. His left hand is still fully bandaged, with the last two fingers taped and seperated from the other three.. Obviously I'm no doctor, but that didn't look like it was very close to being healed, especially for a football player that bangs around like him.

He's a real nice guy.. I hope he gets back and is able to be a big contributor again..

Novacane
08-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Did you talk to him? If so did you ask him if he expects to play?

Cntrygal
08-29-2010, 07:40 PM
He shops at Wal-Mart? :eek:

Novacane
08-29-2010, 07:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

patmoran2006
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM

Yeah he was there with his wife and new baby.. Ironically, Marshawn Lynch was also there (not with him), I didnt approach Marshawn because frankly, if he recognized who I was he may end up kicking my ass.

I did speak to Fred briefly, only asked him how he's doing.. He said "its coming along, getting better" .. Im gonna write about it tomorrow but by no means did he say anything that was considered a revelation.

He doesn't have a cast tho, it's bandaged.. But (and I could be wrong but dont think I am), I don't think it was ever in a cast after the surgery.. But his two fingers are definitely still bandaged away from the other three.

Can tell he's keeping himself in shape tho, he's lean as hell.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2010, 07:59 PM
CJ Spiller better be the starter from day 1. Jackson's hand can take it's time to heal.

Crisis
08-29-2010, 08:02 PM
ran into marshawn lynch- he's still one ugly dude

BidsJr
08-29-2010, 08:11 PM
ran into marshawn lynch- he's still one ugly dude

So you were her? Huh.... :funny:

Canadian'eh!
08-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah he was there with his wife and new baby.. Ironically, Marshawn Lynch was also there (not with him), I didnt approach Marshawn because frankly, if he recognized who I was he may end up kicking my ass.

I did speak to Fred briefly, only asked him how he's doing.. He said "its coming along, getting better" .. Im gonna write about it tomorrow but by no means did he say anything that was considered a revelation.

He doesn't have a cast tho, it's bandaged.. But (and I could be wrong but dont think I am), I don't think it was ever in a cast after the surgery.. But his two fingers are definitely still bandaged away from the other three.

I'm sure you would have been fine.

Captain Obvious
08-29-2010, 08:26 PM
I think some of the national writers or national media members who have taken shots at Marshawn would be at the top of his s**t list..Would Marshawn even know or remember the name Pat Moran?

BuffaloBlitz83
08-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Did you tell Jackson that he isn't in same class as CJ and he should carry his begs with his other hand

DrGraves
08-29-2010, 09:52 PM
why are our players hanging out at wal-mart? is there some super exclusive vip gold membership store somewhere that i am unaware of?

TacklingDummy
08-29-2010, 10:07 PM
why are our players hanging out at wal-mart? is there some super exclusive vip gold membership store somewhere that i am unaware of?

Would you rather have them hanging out at gas stations picking up underage girls?

justasportsfan
08-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I didnt approach Marshawn

what are you saving your $20 for?

He doesn't have a cast tho, it's bandaged..

unless he took the cast out himself, no cast is a good thing.

Buddo
08-30-2010, 03:59 AM
There are an almighty lot of small bones in your hand, and not all of them could you actually make an effective cast for. The majority of the time, it's just a case of taping up and immobilising tbh.
I also don't think it's as much of a 'big deal' as people make out, having bust/cracked fingers in the past playing sports, and continued to play with the injury. For all it might look ugly with the strappings on, I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson could play tomorrow if it was a game that actually mattered.

Rhettoric
08-30-2010, 06:26 AM

Either Ralph's stinginess is rubbing off on the players :mine:

or

the players know a lock out is coming and they are saving up for it :wail:

X-Era
08-30-2010, 06:30 AM

They both wanted the edited version of Eminem's new CD.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-30-2010, 06:55 AM
still has a full 2 weeks, he should be ready opening day as should lynch...

Mahdi
08-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Where else can you buy Milk, baby clothes and electronics all in the same place?

STRONG_BAD
08-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Did you tell Jackson that he isn't in same class as CJ and he should carry his begs with his other hand

Jackson led the NFL in all purpose yards last year....I would wait a while before I said things like this.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Y'all disturb me for making fun of a guy for shopping at Wal-Mart. Just because he's an NFL player doesn't mean he has to spend like a drunken sailor. Fiscal discipline is a virtue.

dasaybz
08-30-2010, 09:26 AM
I hate Walmart.

patmoran2006
08-30-2010, 09:42 AM
I think some of the national writers or national media members who have taken shots at Marshawn would be at the top of his s**t list..Would Marshawn even know or remember the name Pat Moran?

You're right about the National Media thing, and I highly doubt he'd know me by name anyway.. But I am the one who reported about Mikey's discovery in the locker room post-draft about the Lynch/Thurman thing, which became reported nationally when Tim Graham and then Florio picked it up.

I was being sarcastic about getting my ass kicked.. And I didn't report anything on that situation that wasn't fact. Plus, I very highly doubt he'd know me by name anyway, he barely talks to the national media, let alone the small potatos.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Pat I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe he was buying milk at Walmart:

“All the time,” Jackson said when asked how often he’s drinking milk. ”I don’t even like milk and I’m trying to get as much of it in me as possible. Hopefully I can get it taken care of and get back.”

Jackson is hoping to be healed in time to play in the Bills home opener Sunday, Sept. 12.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/29/fred-pounding-the-milk/

patmoran2006
08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Pat I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe he was buying milk at Walmart:

“All the time,” Jackson said when asked how often he’s drinking milk. ”I don’t even like milk and I’m trying to get as much of it in me as possible. Hopefully I can get it taken care of and get back.”

Jackson is hoping to be healed in time to play in the Bills home opener Sunday, Sept. 12.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/29/fred-pounding-the-milk/
Heh.. He (his wife actually) bought a crapload of diapers and some toys. I forgot Jackson recently had a baby.. For all the MILF lovers out there, Fred has a pretty hot blonde wife.

Cntrygal
08-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Y'all disturb me for making fun of a guy for shopping at Wal-Mart. Just because he's an NFL player doesn't mean he has to spend like a drunken sailor. Fiscal discipline is a virtue.

A "fiscally responsible" athlete?!?! :faint:

madness
08-30-2010, 02:40 PM
This thread reminds me when somebody posted about seing Eric Wood at the movies...

Spiderweb
08-30-2010, 06:06 PM

Think a lot of yourself don't you?

Don't flatter yourself. Lynch couldn't care less about you.....

WeAreArthurMoates
08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
I love Freddy but by the time he gets back his role is going to be far less than it was a month ago.

chubluv
08-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Poz shops in bulk at Sams Club.

malo
08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
He's on the practice field today.

Nice amateur ahck reporting. I guess schefter didn't post it on his twitter and you thought you had a scoop. Lol amateur hack.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2010, 10:48 AM

Nice amateur ahck reporting. I guess schefter didn't post it on his twitter and you thought you had a scoop. Lol amateur hack.

Dude, be cool. Pat is not a doctor. I'd rather have him tell us what he saw than nothing at all.

This board is supposed to be fun.

malo
08-31-2010, 10:50 AM
I abhor fake journalists.

Nighthawk
08-31-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm sure you would have been fine.

I 2nd this...

SquishDaFish
08-31-2010, 03:43 PM

Dude chill out already. This is becoming ****ing stupid. He didnt report news dammit. All he did is say he saw somebody and what he thought he saw. Give it a damn break

patmoran2006
08-31-2010, 07:03 PM
I made it quite clear that im no doctor and it wasn't a "scoop"-- said I saw his hand and it looked like ****.. and it does.

I'm glad he's back at practice, even in a very limited basis.. You think I get off on him being hurt? Get a life, dude.