PDA

View Full Version : Something I noted at the game Saturday

Beebe's Kid
08-30-2010, 11:05 AM
There was a lot to be noted, and has been a lot of great threads containing many good posts in reference to almost everything.

I wanted to point out something that I noticed that had me fairly impressed.

Our players are working on the sidelines.

When the defense was on the field, Joe D'Alessandris, our OL Coach, had the entire OL huddled up and was coaching them. Not one or two, or whatever team happened to be on the field, but every offensive lineman on the team.

You could look down at any point during the game and see coaches talking their players. It was done as entire units. All three QB's that weren't in the game were standing beside each other, they were leaning in and attentive when the QB that was playing was receiving instruction. The secondary was standing with the secondary, and so on.

I also noted Gailey talking to the QB on several occasions. I am talking about a spirited talk...some pointing, a little spit, etc. Trent also talked to other players and coaches when not on the field. I think our little boy is growing up!!

This team is organized. There is some really good things happening on this football team. The things that people refer to as "coachspeak" are actually happening. Who knew that there are coaches that coach? In fact, I will say there was more coaching than I have ever really noted on an NFL sideline. I don't watch a ton of games if the Bills aren't involved, but I have seen enough to know that this coaching staff is really working.