PDA

View Full Version : The Bills vs. the 3-4

DMBcrew36
08-30-2010, 11:18 AM
The Bills have played three preseason games so far. Their offense looked good in these past two games, against 4-3 defenses. The offense looked like crap against the Redskins, who play a 3-4 (though it was the Bills first live action with their new offense).

Playing against 3-4 defenses obviously was a major problem for the Bills offense last year. The Bills don't get another opportunity to play against a 3-4 defense until the season begins in Week 1, with their first four games against teams running the 3-4, three of which being division games.

While I am encouraged by these past two preseason games, I think it will be very interesting to see if the offense can perform against 3-4 defenses. One would think it helps practicing against a 3-4 defense everyday. It also helps having a more competent coaching staff who actually adjusts the offense during the game.

My Bills/football IQ isn't as high as some of you (I'm a hockey guy), but I was thinking about this after the game this weekend. Any thoughts?

trapezeus
08-30-2010, 11:20 AM
it's a very real worry. practicing against our 3-4 isn't really much practice. we seem pretty porous.

i think the progress so far is encouraging, but far from complete. but i like that gailey can tell when something isn't working and will try something new.

ddaryl
08-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah I didn't realize Cincy also plays the 4-3, but I beleive stats dictate Trent is historically lost against 3-4's

Detroit plays what ???

none the less we still couldn't even produce the amount of O we have this preseaosn in yars past so that is a big positive still

psubills62
08-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Detroit plays what ???

They play a 4-3.

I just made the point about a 3-4 in another thread. The first 4 weeks will show us exactly how far Edwards has come, as we play Miami, GB, NE, and NYJ, who all run the 3-4. Six of our first eight opponents run the 3-4 and our last four games are against 3-4 defenses.

I have a feeling we'll see Trent improve in a few of those games, but that we'll also see some games where he's the same old QB against that defense.

DMBcrew36
09-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Miami's 3-4 is giving us fits.

Next week we face another 3-4 in Green Bay.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Miami's 3-4 is giving us fits.

Next week we face another 3-4 in Green Bay.
Bring on Brohm.