08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
The Bills have released T Kyle Calloway, DT Lonnie Harvey, and WR Aaron Rhea

Per Vtext

hydro
08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Rhea, Harvey and Calloway.

madness
08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
NT Harvey chance for practice squad (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/30/nt-harvey-chance-for-practice-squad/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 30, 2010 – 3:01 pm
Of the three players released by the Bills today to get the roster to the required 75, I think Lonnie Harvey has the best chance to land on the practice squad.
Harvey was on the squad for the last half of the 2009 season. Facing so many 3-4 defenses this season, the Bills offense could benefit from a scout team nose tackle like Harvey in the practice setting each week. Buffalo’s first four opponents this season employ a 3-4 front.
Harvey would also represent good depth at a position that could suddenly be shorthanded should Kyle Williams or Torell Troup succumb to a long term injury.
The practice squad is expected to be announced on Sunday Sept. 5th, the day after final roster cuts are made.

mayotm
08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Calloway must have been been really bad to be gone in the first set of cuts.

Beebe's Kid
08-30-2010, 03:14 PM
What the heck? I thought Calloway was going to be depth and hopefully be developed.

So now he can go to the PS, unless he is scooped up, right?

AustinTransplant
08-30-2010, 03:17 PM
I liked Calloway at Iowa, he was a good player. He must of really stunk it up.

psubills62
08-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Calloway's release is disappointing. I have a feeling this isn't a move where he's among the first set of roster cuts because they're "trying to sneak him through to the PS." My gut (and the camp reports) tells me he just wasn't that good.

Rhea was a camp body, and Harvey's time was coming. Might as well be sooner than later.

Jaybird
08-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out

YardRat
08-30-2010, 03:21 PM
I was rooting for Harvey, but knew deep down he was an extreme longshot.

Would like to see he and Calloway signed to the PS.

madness
08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Calloway was a seventh-round draft pick out of Iowa this past April, and becomes the first drafted rookie to be released by GM Buddy Nix. He had been a mainstay as the third-team right tackle during training camp, outshone by several linemen (undrafted rookie Cordaro Howard among them). There's a chance Buffalo might try to sneak him onto their practice squad.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/30/1659126/bills-release-ot-calloway-nt

ServoBillieves
08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Calloway went from a pre-combine "dominant" right tackle to fodder.

Damn.

OpIv37
08-30-2010, 08:09 PM
There's a Lonnie Harvey every year: a reclamation project that doesn't work out. Teyo Johnson comes to mind. There was a big DT that we tried out too who didn't work, maybe two years ago. I forgot his name though.

PromoTheRobot
08-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Early cuts do wind up on the PS. Don't write off Calloway and Harvey just yet.

PTR

mysticsoto
08-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm not surprised...Calloway sucked big time. If the coaches saw opportunity for improvement, I'm fine with the PS. If not, I'm fine with that also...next year we'll likely be getting either our franchise QB or our franchise LT in the 1st rd (depending on what Trent shows under real coaches this year).

ServoBillieves
08-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm not surprised...Calloway sucked big time. If the coaches saw opportunity for improvement, I'm fine with the PS. If not, I'm fine with that also...next year we'll likely be getting either our franchise QB or our franchise LT in the 1st rd (depending on what Trent shows under real coaches this year).

If it's not Trent... then it's a 1st round QB.

If it's not Meredith or Bell... Then it's a 1st round LT.

Let the dynamic duo do their ****! :usflag::usflag::usflag:

X-Era
08-31-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm surprised because Chambers isn't very good. We knew what we had in Chambers, and drafted Calloway. We can only hope that Meredith will be the primary backup at both LT and RT. I think our backup T will play at both spots before the year is out.

X-Era
08-31-2010, 06:36 AM

I'm not convinced we see LT as a need. I think the coaches want to evaluate that spot over the year. But, with both Bell and Meredith looking solid, I'm not sure they consider it a need. We drafted Wang who we will get back mid-season as well.

If anything, I think RT may be the place they add another player. Green has looked decent but also has been beaten. And we just cut Calloway who may be practice squad'ed. We may move Meredith over there. But, he may be better as a primary backup at LT.

I could see a big, mauler type RT being added in the middle rounds of next years draft.

Nighthawk
08-31-2010, 02:08 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/30/1659126/bills-release-ot-calloway-nt

Buffalo Rumblings is not a credible source...just sayin'

Hogwasher
08-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Calloway was a surprise for me. Maybe if they are planning on bringing in offensive line depth and signing him to the PS he makes room. Maybe he sucked.

Right tackle is incredibly important. It is very hard to run the ball with a right tackle who cant move anyone.

YardRat
08-31-2010, 08:21 PM
If it's not Trent... then it's a 1st round QB.

If it's not Meredith or Bell... Then it's a 1st round LT.

Let the dynamic duo do their ****! :usflag::usflag::usflag:

LB or CB...I'm calling it right now.

mysticsoto
08-31-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm not convinced we see LT as a need. I think the coaches want to evaluate that spot over the year. But, with both Bell and Meredith looking solid, I'm not sure they consider it a need. We drafted Wang who we will get back mid-season as well.

If anything, I think RT may be the place they add another player. Green has looked decent but also has been beaten. And we just cut Calloway who may be practice squad'ed. We may move Meredith over there. But, he may be better as a primary backup at LT.

I could see a big, mauler type RT being added in the middle rounds of next years draft.

I think alot will depend on Bell's play and ability to stay healthy. I think Meredith has been average though he may get better with more practice on the left side - since he was primarily a RT beforehand. Wang is too slow to ever play LT and I don't think he will ever be better than 2nd string.

If (and this is a big IF) the coaching staff feel Trent is good enough to be our franchise QB (meaning if Trent could return to his 1st season form) then the next priority is his protection at LT.