Not as optimistic after watching the Bengals game last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Not as optimistic after watching the Bengals game last night.

Finally had a chance to watch the game last night mainly fousing on the first half. I'm thinking that everyone here needs to temper thier expectations:

1) The writer who said that the Bengals played sloppy was correct. Not every opinion is trying to discredit a Bills fan.

2) Edwards, IMO, played okay, not great. He better start learning to throw away the ball. I find this funny considering he's not Brett Favre and I can't remember him ever making something of a broken play. He just nearly avoided what would have been 2 costly sacks.

3) Cornell Green is a backup. Period. For every good play he completely blows a play.

4) Hardy dropping a ball that hits him in the hands?! WTF?! If this guy makes the roster than he should send a card to Brandon because I really believe that he is the only reason he's still on the roster. This guy should have been cut right after the game.

5) McGee is having a terrible pre-season. I think the million dollars that got stolen from him is taking his mind off of the game. I'm serious.

6) Our D is much worse than I thought. Poz is never going to better than mediocre out there. And we have zero pass rush. Andre Davis was the only guy I remember doing anything out there.

Sorry to be so negative but I was hoping to see a better perfromance.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Not as optimistic after watching the Bengals game last night.

One additional point. Chan Gailey might have single handedly won that game for us based on his play calling. I have so much respect for this guy already as an OC. The guy is really working miracles out there.

Comment

• plundar
      • Mar 2006

I agree. The other thing I would add is Special teams. The punt and kick return coverage has been terrible.

Comment

• cocamide
        • Oct 2006

I Agree 100% with everything in this thread so far. How in the hell did our ST get so bad? I can understand our defense being below average, considering they're learning completely knew schemes. I'm not really worried about our offense unless the injuries start piling up again. I'm scared about the depth of our line.

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

5.) What did a miss? I didn't hear that about McGee?
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I recorded the game but so far I only caught the first defensive series. The D was horrendous. And it looked like Spencer Johnson was playing NT- wtf?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

I agree that expectations need to be tempered. Our offense hasn't proven anything yet. When they can get it done against a 3-4 when it counts then and only then will I give them credit.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

none the less our O is a far cry from preseason O's of recent years, and that alone is a huge positive.

I know this team isn't quite ready for prime time... but I'm feeling the new direction

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

I don't think that Edwards was great, but he was better than OK. He was poised, decisive and accurate. Like many, I want to see him do it in the regular season consistently. However, if we are judging him on the Bengals game, calling him OK is not a fair assessment.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

this is where winning in the preseason is meaningless. I didn't catch the game, but read the box score play by play combined with zoner reviews.

I'd rather have the bills lose 35-20, and showcase a defense and ST that are capable of handling a starting team.

instead it seems like the bills offense is goign to have to carry the burden and with teams pulling their starters, the only reason we won is because our scrubs were better.

I'm still much more optmistic than the redskins game. I have since up'd my 3-13 to 6-10. but i think this team is more entertaining than the jauron teams. and that in my book is a big step forward.

Comment

• cpearl
                      • Mar 2005

I think the defense has been very vanilla. Hopefully, they blitz more in the regular season. I would add that i was impressed with the o-line, especially Levitre. He had some great blocks. Green is terrible, but he's a good run blocker. Id also add that Wilson looked terrible at FS - Byrd will be a huge upgrade when back.

Comment

• dasaybz
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Finally had a chance to watch the game last night mainly fousing on the first half. I'm thinking that everyone here needs to temper thier expectations:

1) The writer who said that the Bengals played sloppy was correct. Not every opinion is trying to discredit a Bills fan.
                        I thought they looked very sharp.

2) Edwards, IMO, played okay, not great. He better start learning to throw away the ball. I find this funny considering he's not Brett Favre and I can't remember him ever making something of a broken play. He just nearly avoided what would have been 2 costly sacks.
                        What game were you watching? This was Edwards best game in a very very long time. IF you are going to sit here and talk about him not being able to make something out of a broken play, you should also mention his excellent pass to Parrish on the sidelines where he steps up into the pocket and makes a perfect pass right on the mark.

3) Cornell Green is a backup. Period. For every good play he completely blows a play.
                        I saw Green make 1 horrible play where Edwards was completely abused. Other than that, he was fine, the entire OLine gave Edwards plenty of time.

4) Hardy dropping a ball that hits him in the hands?! WTF?! If this guy makes the roster than he should send a card to Brandon because I really believe that he is the only reason he's still on the roster. This guy should have been cut right after the game.
                        If you are not as optimistic about this team because of Hardy, then your expectations of what he was going to do this year were probably too high.
                        5) McGee is having a terrible pre-season. I think the million dollars that got stolen from him is taking his mind off of the game. I'm serious.
                        McGee looks bad, I'll give you that. But I'm not worried about it because if he starts playing bad all year, we have plenty of depth in case he needs to sit on the bench.
                        6) Our D is much worse than I thought. Poz is never going to better than mediocre out there. And we have zero pass rush. Andre Davis was the only guy I remember doing anything out there.
                        Poz is far from mediocre. Is he a superstar? No, but to call him mediocre is stretching the truth.

Sorry to be so negative but I was hoping to see a better perfromance.
                        Really, you are basing your lack of optimism on Edwards playing average (which he didn't), James Hardy dropping balls, Cornell Green not being on the 2nd team, McGee being bad, and Poz being mediocre?

That's the best you can come up with? If I didn't know any better, I would say that someone is trying to be a drama queen and just want some attention.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I recorded the game but so far I only caught the first defensive series. The D was horrendous. And it looked like Spencer Johnson was playing NT- wtf?
                          They rested Kyle Williams for that game. That was the explanation Chan Gailey used anyway.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                            They rested Kyle Williams for that game. That was the explanation Chan Gailey used anyway.
                            Ok, so that explains why Kyle Williams wasn't there. The part that still doesn't make sense is why Spencer Johnson was. The guy is too small to be an NT. We'd be better off with Troup, Carrington, Stroud or even Lonnie Harvey, who was still on the roster at the time.

Don't get me wrong- I don't like Carrington or Stroud at NT and Stroud has been pretty good at DE so far. But I think either would be a better option than Johnson.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                              5.) What did a miss? I didn't hear that about McGee?
                              He was involved in a investment scandal that just got settled. Our former DC Gray was one of the bad guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X