PDA

View Full Version : Jackson/Lynch practicing

madness
08-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Jackson’s cast off (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/31/jacksons-cast-off/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 31, 2010 – 10:06 am
Fred Jackson is out on the practice field minus one heavy cast on his left arm.
Jackson no longer has a cast on his arm for the broken bone in his hand. We’ll have an update as to how much he’s practicing shortly.
Marshawn Lynch is also participating in practice.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I think it's kind of funny that Lynch and Jackson are both out there. Their agents probably called them at 3AM and told them to get their asses out there.

It's amazing how some CJ Spiller highlights get you back in action.

madness
08-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Gailey said he expected Lynch to play Thurs. so that's no surprise.

madness
08-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Wang practicing (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/31/wang-practicing/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 31, 2010 – 10:13 am
Rookie 5th round pick Ed Wang is participating in practice for the first time in about a month.
Wang is practicing with a big club on his left hand to protect his surgically repaired thumb. We’ll get details from head coach Chan Gailey after practice.

OpIv37
08-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Jackson can't be practicing.

He used the urinal next to me in the bathroom at K-Mart and he had to aim with his right hand because he still had a cast on his left.

BillsWin
08-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Pat Moran is not a doctor.

:D

wmoz11
08-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Holy ****. People are getting... gulp... healthy? And at the right time, no less.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Pat Moran is not a doctor.

:D

I feel bad bringing it up but he just posted two days ago that his hand didn't look good and he doubted he would be ready for the first game.

It's just funny. As I said I like Pat.

Believe me if Brohm was starting right now I'd be getting blown up on this board.

I've been on a roll this off-season on predicitions but I'm sure if special teams looks as bad in the regular season I'll be getting every "Bobby April should go" thread that I have ever written.

madness
08-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Jackson, Lynch working; Mitchell absent from practice (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/08/jackson-lynch-working-mitchell-absent-from-practice.html)

Aug 31, 2010 11:38:48 AM / Comment (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/08/jackson-lynch-working-mitchell-absent-from-practice.html#comments)
Running backs Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch were on the practice field Tuesday morning as the Buffalo Bills continued to prepare for their final preseason game, Thursday at Detroit.
Lynch looked to be moving well on his sprained ankle, while Jackson was limited in catching passes. He had a cast on his broken hand.
Also returning to practice were offensive tackle Ed Wang, who also sported a big cast on his hand injury, and free safety Cary Harris.
Not practicing were tight ends Shawn Nelson and Derek Schouman, offensive tackle Cornell Green, linebackers Kawika Mitchell, Reggie Torbor and Donovan Woods and free safety Jairus Byrd.
Mitchell wasn't in attendance. We'll see after practice the reason for that. Also not in attendance were Byrd and Nelson. Schouman and Torbor were riding stationary bikes on the sideline.
---Jay Skurski

Italian Stallion
08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Pat Moran is just aggravating. Plain and simple. Seems like a nice guy...but that doesn't make him good at his "job". At this point I'm wondering if he does it on purpose and just sits back and laughs when we all ride him for being so off base and coming to the table with just terrible, useless information that's presented as FACT.

I've never seen anyone in my life where you literally must consider the EXACT opposite to be true of EVERYTHING that comes out of his mouth or is typed.

It doesn't even suprise me anymore.

He's just dead wrong. Always.

Great ACTUAL news about these injuries though!! It's nice to actually see guys get healthy when we need them to for a change!

justasportsfan
08-31-2010, 10:59 AM

He used the urinal next to me in the bathroom at K-Mart and he had to aim with his right hand because he still had a cast on his left.

If you saw that, I'm not going to the mens room when you're going you pecker checker.

Italian Stallion
08-31-2010, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=BillsWin]Pat Moran is not a doctor.

Thank the lord for that...because it seems as though we'd have some jaunty looking people walking around after getting facial reconstruction surgery for an earache diagnosed by the "trainied eye" of Mr Moran.

:whistle:

chernobylwraiths
08-31-2010, 11:06 AM

Do you know the angles of his finger placement too?

EricStratton
08-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Which hand did you offer to help with Op?

BAM
08-31-2010, 11:39 AM

So is the saying true?

OpIv37
08-31-2010, 11:50 AM
So is the saying true?

oh hell yeah..... I mean, uhhh, I don't know, I was looking at his hands, not his junk.

Beebe's Kid
08-31-2010, 12:03 PM
I guess that if I ran into FJ at Wal-Mart and his hand was wrapped, and his fingers separated, I would share that on here, as well. I am a fan, and this is the small group of people in the world that would truly care.

Likewise, if somebody else on here ran into FJ, minus Op trying to sneak a peak at little Freddie, I would want to hear how his hand looked.

Pat is a likeable enough guy, from what I have read from him. He is not antagonistic, and puts up with a ton of ****. He is a fan on this team, just like us, and wants to make his living reporting news, on his website, and enjoys to post in the Zone when he can. Good for him.

Why would people have so much animosity towards this guy? It would have to be some kind of personal issue, because even as irrational as many of us are, it makes no sense to have such an emotional investment in whether Pat was right about Freddie's hand or not, to get all worked up in a lather about it.

Pat was ****ING WRONG, MAN....HE SAID HE DIDN'T KNOW IF FJ'S HAND WAS IN A CAST, BUT HE DIDN'T THINK SO. CHRIS BROWN REPORTS THAT HE IS ON THE FIELD WITHOUT THE CAST, WHICH MEANS THERE WAS A CAST!!! Jesus, Pat, it was a cast, why can't you do anything right, epic fail, etc.

Oh well, that battle is not on me to wage, just wanted to make a quick point.

In related news..Freddy is back mother ****ers!!! I am pumped to see all three of these guys on the field together.

Championship!!

OpIv37
08-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Whoa, calm down there.

I have nothing personal against Pat whatsoever and I agree with a lot of what he says. I was just making a joke because the opportunity was there.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Whoa, calm down there.

I have nothing personal against Pat whatsoever and I agree with a lot of what he says. I was just making a joke because the opportunity was there.

Yes, people need to realize this board is for fun and entertainment.

madness
08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Wang not fit to play yet (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/31/wang-not-fit-to-play-yet/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 31, 2010 – 12:25 pm
Bills fifth-round pick Ed Wang was back on the practice field Tuesday for the first time since thumb surgery about a month ago.
Wang was limited by a heavy wrap on his left hand to protect the surgically repaired thumb, and he won’t be ready to play Thursday night.
“We’re not trying to do that with him,” said Chan Gailey. ”He doesn’t a way to grip yet, not that linemen ever hold. We’re trying to get him back in football conditioning shape for when he does get well.”
The original timetable on Wang’s injury was 4-8 weeks.

Tags: Ed Wang (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/ed-wang/)

<!-- .post --> Byrd update (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/31/byrd-update-2/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 31, 2010 – 12:22 pm
Head coach Chan Gailey provided an update on FS Jairus Byrd, who is still recovering from an undisclosed non-football injury.
When asked if Byrd would be ready for the season opener, Gailey indicated that it appeared as though he would.
“He’s on track. He’s on track,” said Gailey. ”He hasn’t been able to get out here (on the practice field) yet, but he’s on track.”

Tags: Jairus Byrd (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/jairus-byrd/)

<!-- .post --> Lynch to play Thursday (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/31/lynch-to-play-thursday/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 31, 2010 – 12:20 pm
Head coach Chan Gailey made their plans official for Thursday night. Marshawn Lynch will play in the preseason finale against the Lions.
“Marshawn took quite a few reps today and looked good,” said Gailey after the team’s Tuesday practice. ”He didn’t look like there were any residual effects so we’re looking forward to seeing him Thursday night.”
Fred Jackson also participated in practice, but he will not play Thursday night as the goal is to have Jackson ready for the regular season opener.

justasportsfan
08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
When asked if Byrd would be ready for the season opener, Gailey indicated that it appeared as though he would.
“He’s on track. He’s on track,” said Gailey. ”He hasn’t been able to get out here (on the practice field) yet, but he’s on track.”

Nice. Even if he misses first couple of games, thats better than what was first assumed.

cocamide
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Yes, people need to realize this board is for fun and entertainment.

And for Jamez's videos.

DrGraves
08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
noooooooooooooooo i want spiller to be the only one to touch the ball ever!

Night Train
08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Lynch being ready for the opener is a good thing.

I wouldn't mind seeing him with Spiller in the same backfield and hope they may try that Thursday night. Spiller in motion wide is fine, since he has great hands.

YardRat
08-31-2010, 06:48 PM
”He doesn’t a way to grip yet, not that linemen ever hold."

lol...