PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters struggling in Philly

billsburgh
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
As a three-time Pro Bowl selection, Peters would seem to be the guy to look to in times of adversity.

Instead, he's been the worst offender.

He doesn't have an excuse of injury for some of his issues during the preseason.

You don't expect a player of his ability and stature to have the lapses of concentration and discipline Peters has displayed.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100831_John_Smallwood_.html?viewAll=y#ixzz0yCPLB3ZX
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

ddaryl
08-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Hmm one year after he signed that huge contract.... Motivation for this guy IMO was only money, now he has it there is no more motivation.

Ed
08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm not happy with our OT situation, but I can't say I'd be happy if we had given Peters $65 million. I still think trading him was the right thing to do. Wood will end up being the better player.

justasportsfan
08-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Hmm one year after he signed that huge contract.... Motivation for this guy IMO was only money, now he has it there is no more motivation.

Maybe he's not happy with his contract and wants a new one.

ServoBillieves
08-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Who else is astonished? Neither am I.

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
HH in 3, 2, 1...

PromoTheRobot
08-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Any player who quits on a team over money is not worth a nickel. You can argue the Bills didn't replace him but I can argue they wouldn't have replaced him even if they did cave and paid him. He's got his cash and he's done caring about football. The Bills couldn't have done better if they robbed the Eagles at gunpoint.

PTR

Mr. Pink
08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
While Peters may be "dogging it" out in Philadelphia he's still better than what we have currently.

Could a team do better than him? Absolutely.

Is it the teams fault he's gone? No.

He whined and cried and threw a temper tantrum basically to get off the team and the brass had it's hands tied with having to move him. However, lets not get this big misconception that we're better off on the field without him.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I watched Peters play last year and he had some terific games especially in the run game.

I think Peters will be fine. Starting players not playing hard in pre-season. That never happens.

My problem with the whole Peters mess was the organization mishandled him from the get go and created the contractual nightmare themselves. Than the fix was to blowup a line that needed one upgrade at center. The Bills do stuff on the cheap and thats where we are.

DesertFox24
08-31-2010, 11:16 AM
While Peters may be "dogging it" out in Philadelphia he's still better than what we have currently.

He whined and cried and threw a temper tantrum basically to get off the team and the brass had it's hands tied with having to move him. However, lets not get this big misconception that we're better off on the field without him.

Not so fast man, I want to see how Bell and Meredith look this year, and I also want to see how Wang develops.

My hope is that Bell becomes SOLID and that Want Meredith and Green compete with another mid to late round draft pick for the other three tackle spots and the starting RT spot. With hopefully Meredith and Wang winning that job and the loser between is the swing. The rookie will hopefully beat out green and be inactive all year like I expect Wang to be this year.

HHURRICANE
HH in 3, 2, 1...

Awesome!!! Very good!

mikemac2001

Rather have wood and bell then peters half assing it

DesertFox24
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM
I watched Peters play last year and he had some terific games especially in the run game.

I think Peters will be fine. Starting players not playing hard in pre-season. That never happens.

My problem with the whole Peters mess was the organization mishandled him from the get go and created the contractual nightmare themselves. Than the fix was to blowup a line that needed one upgrade at center. The Bills do stuff on the cheap and thats where we are.

Hopefully now that Nix has full control this stuff does not happen anymore, only time will tell though.

better days
08-31-2010, 11:19 AM

The Bills are not better off on the field this year without Peters, but they also did not tie up all that money on a guy that seems to lack passion to play the game.

Hopefully by next year they will be better off on the field than they would have been with Peters.

Mr. Pink
08-31-2010, 11:20 AM
The Bills are not better off on the field this year without Peters, but they also did not tie up all that money on a guy that seems to lack passion to play the game.

Hopefully by next year they will be better off on the field than they would have been with Peters.

Hence why I said a team could do better than Peters at the spot, unfortunately, the organization has done nothing to even attempt to do that yet.

TacklingDummy
08-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Maybe some people around here overrated him? Thinking your own players are better than what they are is a common theme around here.

hammerbillsfan
08-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Wave some cheeseburgers in his face, that will get him motivated.

DesertFox24
08-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Hence why I said a team could do better than Peters at the spot, unfortunately, the organization has done nothing to even attempt to do that yet.

Well what were they going to do take Bulaga to make you and the ESPN happy. Bulaga is not going to start for Green Bay.

The only other guy I could have seen us take was Charles Brown in the second but they went for Troup instead and that is not a bad option.

Mr. Pink
08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Well what were they going to do take Bulaga to make you and the ESPN happy. Bulaga is not going to start for Green Bay.

The only other guy I could have seen us take was Charles Brown in the second but they went for Troup instead and that is not a bad option.

I'll agree on the first round choice without question...the second round choice? Eh, right now it's a toss up. I do think Brown would have been a better option but there was also a definite need at NT hopefully Troup can develop.

Zero
08-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Jason Peters is definately better than anyone currently on our O-line. However, I was happy we decided not to overpay for a guy who's known for inconsistent play, lapses in concentration/judgement and off the field antics.

In the long run I think we made the right decision...

ServoBillieves
08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I played the Eagles in Madden and blew past Peters 4 times for 4 sacks with Torbor/Maybin.

Madden don't lie right?

clumping platelets
08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
LOL

bigbub2352
08-31-2010, 11:58 AM
hate to say i told u so philly but we all seen this coming that fat ungrateful scumbag

Philagape
08-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Starting players not playing hard in pre-season. That never happens.

Except Peters has admittedly dogged it in the regular season as well.
He can never be counted on to give his all. That's unacceptable for the QB's bodyguard.

He wanted to be the highest-paid tackle in the NFL. That's not the Bills' fault.
They were correct in not giving him that. No way is he worth what he wanted or got, for the above reason.

dasaybz
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm willing to let him suck in the regular season before I call him a bust in Philly. Even though I thought he wasn't that great last year.

better days
08-31-2010, 01:29 PM

An LT that dogs it in a Preseason Game is putting his QB at risk of injury. The QB is not wearing a red shirt during games & players on the other team may be looking to make a statement such as Suh did against the Browns.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2010, 02:56 PM
He wanted to be the highest-paid tackle in the NFL. That's not the Bills' fault.
They were correct in not giving him that. No way is he worth what he wanted or got, for the above reason.

We've beaten this to death. Especially me. But one more time:

He started *****ing about his 3 million a year contract only after Dockery and Walker showed up making more. Walker, a guy who couldn't hack the LT spot in Oakland and an LG getting paid twice what Peters was making.

Than he sat out wanting his deal reworked to 7 million a year and we let him sit out the entire camp. 7 million a year for a pro bowl LT is a deal. So much so that when we finally traded him he got 10 million a year.

Our FO looked like the idiots.The same front office that gave Jauron a 9 million dollar extension so they wouldn't have to give him a 15 million dollar extension.

If you want to defend this FO have at it. The same FO that didn't get their paperwork in for a Dockery trade. The same front office that didn't fanchise Clements so we could get a high draft pick. It goes on and on and on.

SquishDaFish
08-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Im not defending the front office at all they made enough mistakes but... They made the right choice with that POS Peters plain and simple. Just because that garbage is better then our garbage does not make a reason to OVERpay that garbage. He is an unmotivated overweight POS with NO HEART! Good riddance you piece of ****!

Philagape
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Than he sat out wanting his deal reworked to 7 million a year and we let him sit out the entire camp. 7 million a year for a pro bowl LT is a deal.

No, he wanted more than that. $7 million is what Dockery was making.

Peters' first offer was reportedly in excess of the 5-year, $57.5 million deal that Dolphins OT Jake Long signed
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/3/13/795836/peters-bills-aren%E2%80%99t-close

Any deal like that is too much for a POS cancer like him. Like I've said before, telling that walking tumor to go to hell is the best thing that FO ever did.

mchurchfie
08-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Like him, you can have all of the physical ability in the world, but if you don't have the mental capacity or focus to remember the snapcount or avoid penalties it all goes for naught anyways. Good riddance Peters!

BertSquirtgum
08-31-2010, 04:44 PM
peters is a p.o.s. and always will be a p.o.s. in my book. **** him.

Philagape
08-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Like him, you can have all of the physical ability in the world, but if you don't have the mental capacity or focus to remember the snapcount or avoid penalties it all goes for naught anyways. Good riddance Peters!

Or the desire. Or the integrity.

trapezeus
08-31-2010, 04:58 PM
because the bills walk away from peters does not mean that the other items you cite, hh, are automatically true.

the FO still sucks until proven otherwise, and chan and nix are slowly turning that around. VERY SLOWLY.

but peters isn't a football player. he's greedy. a football player loves the game. and yes, they look for their payday, but once paid, they go out there and play. especially premier athletes.

Bills fans are lucky we are *****ing about a cheap LT who sucks protecting a cheap QB who could potentially suck. it would be painful to have a $7-10MM a year guy letting a franchise QB get destroyed when we've figured a way to do that so much cheaper.

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Im not defending the front office at all they made enough mistakes but... They made the right choice with that POS Peters plain and simple. Just because that garbage is better then our garbage does not make a reason to OVERpay that garbage. He is an unmotivated overweight POS with NO HEART! Good riddance you piece of ****!How did you thank yourself?

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Ahh... I see... I just thanked myself. Must be a glitch.

psubills62
08-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Ahh... I see... I just thanked myself. Must be a glitch.

I think they changed it a little while ago so that you can thank yourself.

SquishDaFish
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I was wondering that myself LOL

NOT THE DUDE...
08-31-2010, 10:12 PM
we basically traded him for wood and levtire, a huge win for us...

dannyek71
08-31-2010, 10:28 PM
In essence, we traded Peters for Wood. Ill take Eric any day

Zero
09-01-2010, 12:16 AM
No, he wanted more than that. $7 million is what Dockery was making.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/3/13/795836/peters-bills-aren%E2%80%99t-close

Any deal like that is too much for a POS cancer like him. Like I've said before, telling that walking tumor to go to hell is the best thing that FO ever did.

The Bills front office's credibility has been shot for years, however, I'm sure the Bills would have ponied up $7MM for a pro-bowl caliber LT.

Agreed, hell no to paying elite-level money to a guy who takes plays ( and possibly games) off.

BertSquirtgum
09-01-2010, 12:27 AM
i wish they made an eric wood jersey