• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Can Roscoe be our Welker?

What do you think?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Can Roscoe be our Welker?

Can Edwards be our Tom Brady?...Chinese riddle for you???
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
      What do you think?
      no

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

Sure, Throw out talent, heart and work ethic and you got the same guy
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

I think its a more valid question than some are willing to entertain. Parrish looked really good against the Bengals, but its pre-season. Gailey seems to know how to utilize him but only time will tell if Parrish will step up to the plate.

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Rocket Ismail's best season was with Chan in Dallas. 80 catches 1000+ yards. He is an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier than Roscoe.

Maybe Chan plans on using Roscoe a little more than we think.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i just don't know if roscoe can deal with the punishment. in 2008, they used him in the four wins, and then he was injured.

maybe the new bulk that people observed will go a long way to keeping him on the field.

Welker before last year went across the most dangerous parts of the field, took some of the worst hits, and was available every game for 3 catches and 50+ yards and a TD.

I think that's a bit much for roscoe, but here's to dreaming.

Comment

• elltrain22
                • Sep 2003

Statistically, IMHO, Parrish can be no where near Welker performance. Welker catches 100 passes in his sleep, and is target a gizzillion times a game. Parrish will have a great season if he catches 50 passes, and is targeted about 4-5 times/game. His role, might be the same, but I highly doubt Parrish can fullfill the same role that Welker can.
                If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

At least Gailey is running plays that utilize Roscoe's talents. That's more than Jauron ever did.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    At least Gailey is running plays that utilize Roscoe's talents. That's more than Jauron ever did.
                    I think we'll find out why Jauron never used Roscoe: he sucks.

I don't blame Gailey for trying to make the most of the guys he has. There is good reason to attempt to get Roscoe involved. I just don't see Roscoe rising to the challenge.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I don't think Parrish will ever be a Welker or a Harvin, but I think he could be a shifty little part-time slot receiver who will break a big play now and then.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I think we'll find out why Jauron never used Roscoe

I already know why , Dick didn't even know how to use Lee and TO.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

If Edwards chooses to checkdown, i would hope its to Roscoe on a cross pattern.
                          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                          X