PDA

View Full Version : Leinart to Buffalo article

T-Long
09-01-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm putting together a piece for NFL.com about the Leinart to Buffalo discussions. I want direct quotes from fans to implement into the article. Tell me WHY or WHY NOT you would or wouldn't want Leinart in Buffalo. You also need to leave me your first name and location.

Ready, set, GO!

NOT THE DUDE...
09-01-2010, 07:25 AM
he doesnt have the leadership qualities i want in a qb, his teamates dont even want him as their starter...

john- detroit

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Here's a quote: "Since when has made up crap pass for news?"

PTR

kelly2reed4six
09-01-2010, 07:28 AM
No Way! We might as well just have Trent put a #7 Leinart jersey on.....it would pretty much be the same thing as trading for Leinart.

-Josh
Woodbridge, VA

T-Long
09-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Here's a quote: "Since when has made up crap pass for news?"

PTR
It's not made up. Adam Schefter reported that 3 teams (including the Bills) are having discussion about trading for him.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-01-2010, 07:29 AM
edwards is poised for a breakout year with gailey as his offensive coordinator. we dont want leinart. john- detroit

ChristopherWalken
09-01-2010, 07:34 AM
This shouldn't happen. You can't reach beyond dismal mediocrity by adding more of the same.

Italian Stallion
09-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Leinart is not what this rebuilding team needs right now...a seemingly laid back underachiever that doesn't respond well to adversity. I'm excited to see what Edwards can do.

Jeff G
Rochester, NY

T-Long
09-01-2010, 07:35 AM
This shouldn't happen. You can't reach beyond dismal mediocrity by adding more of the same.
name and location please or I can't use it.

ChristopherWalken
09-01-2010, 07:36 AM
name and location please or I can't use it.

Bill - Atlanta, GA

T-Long
09-01-2010, 07:45 AM
good quotes guys...is there anyone out there that DOES want Leinart? I'd like to add at least one of those in here.

methos4ever
09-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Leinart, even with the "gift" of being a top 10 pick in an explosive offense has never had better production than Edwards. And with his lack of work ethic coupled with questionable arm strength, I'd stick with the devil I know rather than the devil I don't.

That said, if "Chix" thinks he's worth bringing in as competition or a replacement for Edwards and they can work magic with him, who am I to argue?

Rich - Pittsburgh

The King
09-01-2010, 07:48 AM
He's a more expensive version of Trent. However he has way more TD's, that is STD's.

Mike B
Boston

HHURRICANE
09-01-2010, 07:50 AM
I'd bring him in. We need a good 3rd string QB.

Mark - Atlanta, GA

TMu11
09-01-2010, 07:50 AM
"I don't see the purpose in adding more mediocrity to a team infamous for it."
Tom M.
-Buffalo, NY

better days
09-01-2010, 07:53 AM
No thanks. Buffalo does not need a weak armed QB. If he is any good at all Seattle & his former HC should be pushing hard for him.

Mike in Englewood Fl.

Kelly The Dog
09-01-2010, 07:57 AM
"Having discussions" could easily mean, and probably does mean, the Cards called the Bills about Leinart for one of our players or a draft choice and the Bills laughed and said, "You didn't get those drugs from Marshawn, did you?"

Mahdi
09-01-2010, 08:02 AM
For the right price I would absolutely trade for Leinart. Leinart has talent and maybe a chance of scenery would help him out. He would sit behind Trent as the #2 and move Brohm to the #3 and Brown to the PS.

If Trent falters early we can see what Leinart has.

Mahdi, Canada

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Leinart's price tag makes him not worthwhile as a back-up and his ability (and not knowing the Bills system) makes him not worthwhile as a starter. If released he is worthy of consideration, but not in a trade.

You know the name......

T-Long
09-01-2010, 08:04 AM
ok thanks guys. Got plenty of quotes to use. I used them all, but I"m not sure what ones will be taken out by the editors.

Thanks!! I'll post the article as soon as it's published.

Kelly The Dog
09-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Chris Brown already shot the rumors down and said they were totally false. The Bills have had no discussions about Leinart and don't plan to.

methos4ever
09-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Chris Brown already shot the rumors down and said they were totally false. The Bills have had no discussions about Leinart and don't plan to.
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/01/leinart-rumor-erroneous/

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on his twitter account that the Bills were one of three teams that have discussed trading for Arizona QB Matt Leinart along with the Raiders and Giants. That report is erroneous.

Buffalobills.com has confirmed that the Bills have not had any discussions with the Cardinals in regards to Matt Leinart and aren’t anticipating any in the future. The report is simply not true.

trapezeus
09-01-2010, 08:21 AM
I realize the bills shot this down, and you have enough quotes, but i can't help myself.

"If the bills are looking to blend the worst of Losman and Edwards together, then they surely should go out and get Leinart."

Kevin S
NYC

cocamide
09-01-2010, 08:21 AM
I know it's too late but...

Buffalo doesn't need another Prima donna QB from California.

T-Long
09-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I sent in the addition of Brown's comments to the article as well. Curious to see what Schefter has to say about the report from OBD

Kelly The Dog
09-01-2010, 08:34 AM
He will simply say "I stand by my report." A term like "having discussions" can obviously never be proven. And again, having discussions could have been them saying to each other "No one here actually thinks Leinart is any good or a good fit for us, do they?" There are so many reasons why he is a terrible fit, it's laughable.

Italian Stallion
09-01-2010, 08:44 AM

Well this is even more proof that the team is comfortable with Edwards being handed the keys this season. This statement alone reeks of them almost trying to "protect and stick up" for Edwards, and they never usually respond to any internet rumors regarding players.

How many times were there "erroneous" rumors about Lynch being traded that were never responded to by the team?

I actually like this...stand by Edwards and don't show any wavering confidence, like in years past and give him every opportunity to succeed in Gailey's QB friendly system

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2010, 09:04 AM
It's not made up. Adam Schefter reported that 3 teams (including the Bills) are having discussion about trading for him.
Yeah? Well guess what?

PTR

DBrown77
09-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I heard Cowher is replacing Gailey before the season starts too. I also head Gaither will be our starting LT.

Stop adding fuel to the crap heap!

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2010, 09:06 AM
ok thanks guys. Got plenty of quotes to use. I used them all, but I"m not sure what ones will be taken out by the editors.

Still plan on writing it even when the story has been dismissed as false? Then I stand by my original post.

PTR

T-Long
09-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Still plan on writing it even when the story has been dismissed as false? Then I stand by my original post.

PTR

Whether or not you believe it's true or not has no relevance to whether or not it is news. It IS news. Adam Schefter is a well respected NFL insider and analyst...you think because Chris freaking Brown denies it means that Schefter is lying? Please.

I guarantee that they at least discussed the possibility. How long those discussions took place is another story, but I guarantee that Nix and Gailey at least talked about it. That's all that Schefter is reporting...that discussions took place. So yes, now with Brown denying the report, it makes it even better news.

wmoz11
09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Bills are adamant they are not trading for Matt Leinart, despite discussions they did have this summer with the Cardinals for the QB.

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

mayotm
09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
http://twitter.com/adam_schefter
This is the problem with the reporters today. Apparently, the Bills inquired about Leinart earlier this year. I can buy that. Yet, Shefter tweets today that the Bills have interest. He's reporting it like the Bills are showing recent interest which is completely misleading.

Beebe's Kid
09-01-2010, 09:49 AM
In regards to Schefter, where is the flaming on his epic fail.

In regards to Brown, I don't think we would be interested, but why would you show your hand?

In regards to Leinhart...

I hope we aren't interested. I have high hopes for Trent, and am setting up to have them crushed like we do every year. There is something to be said for consistency.

NC-BILLS44
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
"Another California QB for Buffalo? NO!"
Leinart doesn't have the 'IT' factor. He was lucky to be surrounded by talent at USC.

AustinTransplant
09-01-2010, 10:07 AM
"Leinart! Yes bring him in! he is awesome and will look great in a Bills uniform."
My wife

enough said

T-Long
09-01-2010, 10:14 AM
"Leinart! Yes bring him in! he is awesome and will look great in a Bills uniform."
My wife

enough said

My wife said the same thing on draft day when he was available...you aren't alone my friend

madness
09-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Please kill this crap immediately.

My sources say Bills are inquiring about Drew Brees also... (based on the Bills interest in drafting him back in 2001)

ublinkwescore
09-01-2010, 10:42 AM

Demand that they keep the STD one by Bedard.

chernobylwraiths
09-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Buffalo needs another quarterback that knows how to throw in the elements and doesn't mind a little snow, not another west coast guy who only likes snow for skiing and snowcones.

ublinkwescore
09-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I just googled Matt Leinart partying... No. Stay away from Buffalo Rob Johnson 2.0.

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Whether or not you believe it's true or not has no relevance to whether or not it is news. It IS news. Adam Schefter is a well respected NFL insider and analyst...you think because Chris freaking Brown denies it means that Schefter is lying? Please.

I guarantee that they at least discussed the possibility. How long those discussions took place is another story, but I guarantee that Nix and Gailey at least talked about it. That's all that Schefter is reporting...that discussions took place. So yes, now with Brown denying the report, it makes it even better news.

If that's "news" then the standards of what passes for news today have changed over the last few years. Time was something called "facts" were needed to verify a story. Now all you need is a tweet from someone.

So Leinert's agent call Shefter and floats the idea the Bills are talking to his boy. Shefter recalls that someone (again no attribution) said the Bills kicked Leinert's tires in the off-season, puts 2 + 2 together and gets bananas.

PTR

Demon
09-01-2010, 11:59 AM
If that's "news" then the standards of what passes for news today have changed over the last few years. Time was something called "facts" were needed to verify a story. Now all you need is a tweet from someone.

So Leinert's agent call Shefter and floats the idea the Bills are talking to his boy. Shefter recalls that someone (again no attribution) said the Bills kicked Leinert's tires in the off-season, puts 2 + 2 together and gets bananas.

PTR

PTR

Schefter gets his news from Leinart's agent, probably to gain interest in his client. Chris Brown probably spoke directly with Nix or Whaley.

Case closed.

trapezeus
09-01-2010, 12:57 PM
the other thing seems to be that the bills have overpaid for bad players for so long, agents must throw out the bills name whenever their client is potentially on the move to get the other teams worried.

TO was the last guy that got what no other team would have paid. Dockery was another. Walker was another. Kelsay was another.

If you are an agent with a player without a lot of options, it's always good to float buffalo in the mix. It probably makes the other team interested to move quicker.

That's my opinion anyway.

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm putting together a piece for NFL.com about the Leinart to Buffalo discussions. I want direct quotes from fans to implement into the article. Tell me WHY or WHY NOT you would or wouldn't want Leinart in Buffalo. You also need to leave me your first name and location.

Ready, set, GO!
"Rob Johnson, Losman, Holcomb, old-Bledsoe, Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Billy Joe Hobert, Todd Collins. Alex Van Pelt, haven't we suffered enough?"

~T. Dummy, NY

TMu11
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I just googled Matt Leinart partying... No. Stay away from Buffalo Rob Johnson 2.0.

Go to drunkathlete.com

Mike13
09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
He's Trent with Herpes.

Nighthawk
09-01-2010, 02:04 PM
He's Trent with Herpes.

Or Henne...at this point in his career.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah! Lets trade for a guy who got beat out for the starting by a bum who wins games going 2 of 17 passing! Then when we win 1 game we'll all know why.

Nighthawk
09-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah! Lets trade for a guy who got beat out for the starting by a bum who wins games going 2 of 17 passing! Then when we win 1 game we'll all know why.

It isn't happening...

Mr. Pink
09-01-2010, 02:13 PM
It isn't happening...

Leinart should go to the UFL.

He "may" succeed there.

Nighthawk
09-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Leinart should go to the UFL.

He "may" succeed there.

Him and Brady Quinn could be the star QB's of the league!

Mr. Pink
09-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Him and Brady Quinn could be the star QB's of the league!

No way! Brady Quinn would fail there too, don't give him too much credit.

JCBills
09-01-2010, 02:43 PM
A change of scenery might help, but if he's struggling in perfect weather, I doubt he'll be able to do any better in Buffalo.

John

Canton, CT

Extremebillsfan247
09-01-2010, 05:58 PM
"the Bills have not had any discussions with the Cardinals in regards to Matt Leinart and aren’t anticipating any in the future. The report is simply not true." this is from Chris Brown, beat reporter for the Buffalo Bills. I tend to believe this guy more than Adam Schefter when it comes to the Buffalo Bills. JMO...

PUCKER
09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Well...I guess Im in the minority here,but why not give him a chance? A chance he NEVER had with Grampa Warner around the Cards land,like the same with trying to one-up Eli Manning in Giants land,but in the end Eli got HIS championship. I say bring Matt in and let him and Trent battle it out for #1 for a couple weeks. What could it hurt? Its not like we can do any worse...

better days
09-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Well...I guess Im in the minority here,but why not give him a chance? A chance he NEVER had with Grampa Warner around the Cards land,like the same with trying to one-up Eli Manning in Giants land,but in the end Eli got HIS championship. I say bring Matt in and let him and Trent battle it out for #1 for a couple weeks. What could it hurt? Its not like we can do any worse...

Leinert was a HIGHLY PAID 1st rnd draft pick. They WANTED him to succeed.

Warner was brought in out of desperation & Matt couldn't beat Gramps out for the job.

Then Gramps Retired. The job was there for the taking for Leinert & he lost it to a journeyman.

Nobody in the Cards locker room wants Leinert to QB the team, that says a lot.

PUCKER
09-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Good,then the Cards will go back to being losers again..like US! I say we give Leinhart chance and as I said before...what could it hurt? Could we do any worse? Heck,we brought Bledsoe in for 3 years and that moron couldnt even get us to the playoffs like predicted around these parts.

better days
09-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Good,then the Cards will go back to being losers again..like US! I say we give Leinhart chance and as I said before...what could it hurt? Could we do any worse? Heck,we brought Bledsoe in for 3 years and that moron couldnt even get us to the playoffs like predicted around these parts.

Well, if you are talking about trading for him it would cost a draft pick plus his expensive contract.

If you are talking about signing him after he is cut it will cost whatever they pay him, plus it will cost team chemistry.

PUCKER
09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
True,but like we havent made 'questionable' move in the past? I still say...take a chance.

Mike13
09-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Or Henne...at this point in his career.

Oh you...