PDA

View Full Version : you know what our running game resembles?

ublinkwescore
09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
The Broncos when they had Terrell Davis.

I am rewatching the Bills Bengals game, and on Spillers first long run, the O line and Spiller were running one direction, the Dline was following, then Spiller cuts it back the opposite direction and grabs the corner for a 10+ yard gain. Very effective.

Ebenezer
09-01-2010, 10:43 AM
PRE-season...PRE!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
and our QB resembles John Elway, we should be heading to the Super Bowl!! Oh wait...

ublinkwescore
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes, I know, but there are some similarities - whether that's by design, or Spiller improvisation I don't know. But you can't deny Spiller will make no shortage of plays considering how little he may or how often he might see the ball.

ublinkwescore
09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
and our QB resembles John Elway, we should be heading to the Super Bowl!! Oh wait...

I didn't say anything about a superbowl, or QB... I said, and I quote, "Our Running Game".

enough with the trying to mock someone just for making a very valid observation.

Ebenezer
09-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I didn't say anything about a superbowl, or QB... I said, and I quote, "Our Running Game".

enough with the trying to mock someone just for making a very valid observation.

Valid?? Have you seen the OL is real, live games that coun?? Just wait.

psubills62
09-01-2010, 10:59 AM

You mean like last year when our OL had about 10 different starting combinations, yet we still managed 4.4 YPA, good for T-8th in the league?

ublinkwescore
09-01-2010, 12:00 PM
thank you.

OpIv37
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
You mean like last year when our OL had about 10 different starting combinations, yet we still managed 4.4 YPA, good for T-8th in the league?

I love it how we've had so much change this off-season, until it comes to something like this- then we should expect the same results as last year.

stuckincincy
09-01-2010, 12:17 PM

Our opponents knew we couldn't pass with any effectiveness, so they just sat back and were happy to watch us chew up our own clock.

psubills62
09-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I love it how we've had so much change this off-season, until it comes to something like this- then we should expect the same results as last year.

Where did I say we should expect the same results as last year?

My point is something that everyone should be able to grasp. Despite a horrible, horrible situation last year (do I really need to go into all the reasons our run game should have failed?), we had a relatively successful run game. In pretty much every way possible, our running game has the opportunity to be better this year. And now it's having a decent amount of success in the preseason.

psubills62
09-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Our opponents knew we couldn't pass with any effectiveness, so they just sat back and were happy to watch us chew up our own clock.

That makes no sense. If we can't pass with any effectiveness, then that's when teams load up the box to stop the run. And why would they want us to chew up our own clock when we had a lead in a lot of games going into the 4th quarter?

acehole
09-01-2010, 12:20 PM
YEa I have been saying that our blocking scheme is like that of denvers.
I have also been saying the olinmen on denvers squad was a bunch of no name undersized guys...who blew out 2 1000 rushers in one year.

The Broncos when they had Terrell Davis.

I am rewatching the Bills Bengals game, and on Spillers first long run, the O line and Spiller were running one direction, the Dline was following, then Spiller cuts it back the opposite direction and grabs the corner for a 10+ yard gain. Very effective.

justasportsfan
09-01-2010, 12:21 PM

change can mean for the worse, better or the same. Take your pick, it's all valid.

Beebe's Kid
09-01-2010, 12:37 PM

You just wait. All that is being said is that there is some similarity in the play-calling. We know the sky is falling, we know. If we don't you'll be sure to go to every thread you can and douse any optimism with your infinite amount of negativ....I mean realism.

Was it said that we have 5 Pro-Bowlers? Was it said we have the best running attack in the league?

I know you are afraid to let any optimism into a Bills discussion, but relax....maybe just a little.

There is a team of players that want to win. A new coaching staff that wants to win, and a loyal fan base that hopes we win. I know, that you know, the worst is always going to happen, but do you always have to poop in the punch-bowl?

DrGraves
09-01-2010, 12:37 PM
CJ spiller = barry sanders

stuckincincy
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
CJ spiller = barry sanders

As in never throwing a block for any of his teammates? :dizzy:

YardRat
09-01-2010, 07:38 PM
The op was about scheme, not necessarily results. Let's get a little bit of a grip here.