PDA

View Full Version : Bills Scouts To Attend:

DraftBoy
09-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Pitt-Utah Game

Game is on Thursday night at 8pm and will be on Versus.

Report is per Chris Steuber of NFL Draft Scout

hydro
09-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Who are some good prospects from these schools? I know I am very intrigued with Dion Lewis but obviously we don't need a RB and I don't believe he is eligible for the draft anyhow.

psubills62
09-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Who are some good prospects from these schools? I know I am very intrigued with Dion Lewis but obviously we don't need a RB and I don't believe he is eligible for the draft anyhow.

Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt WR

Greg Romeus, Pitt DE

I'm sure there's others that DB will be able to give in a more thorough list, but those are the two off the top of my head.

Pitt has been impressive in terms of churning out good players, especially in the NFL. It's too bad they can never seem to put it together at the collegiate level.

DraftBoy
09-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Utah:
RB Eddie Wise
OT Caleb Schlauderaff
DE Christian Cox

Pitt:
OT Jason Pinkston
WR Jonathan Baldwin
DE Jabaal Sheard
DE Greg Romeus

Are the big names a few juniors on both teams could be something with some more time but aren't on the radar right now. If I had to guess the target the Bills scouts are going to see is Baldwin and Romeus.

Baldwin is 6'5, 225lbs Junior WR who is damn near uncoverable. Great athleticism and leaping ability allow him to create instant mismatches. Also not afraid to go over the middle.

Romeus is a beast at 6'5, 270 projects at 4-3 DE or 3-4 DE and is a handle at the POA. Has a good set of pass rush moves already that allow him to counter OT's who may stop his initial move.

X-Era
09-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Here's what I have:

Pitt
Greg Romeus: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=186460
Jason Pinkston: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=193645
Johnathan Baldwin: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=192781

Utah
No profiles

DraftBoy
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Also will be at LSU v. UNC in Atlanta, GA.

psubills62
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Also will be at LSU v. UNC in Atlanta, GA.

Too bad they won't get to see Marvin Austin. I assume the status of the other UNC defenders is currently that they'll be playing?

DraftBoy
09-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Too bad they won't get to see Marvin Austin. I assume the status of the other UNC defenders is currently that they'll be playing?

All I can say right now is that I would not make that assumption.

psubills62
09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Well, I have only been able to watch the game on ESPN Gamecast, so I have no idea how people are actually doing. Baldwin has 1 catch for 1 yard. The Utah QB, Wynn, is 14/17 for 129 yards and 2 TD's, so I assume their LT is doing just fine. Not sure where Pitt's pass defense is, though.

UPDATE: Up until the mid-4th quarter, Jonathan Baldwin had 2 catches for 8 yards. Then he exploded and literally accounted for all 63 yards in one TD drive for Pittsburgh. He now has 4 receptions for 71 yards and a TD.

DraftBoy
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Illinois v. Southern Illinois
Oregon v. Tennessee
UGA v. South Carolina

psubills62
09-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Illinois v. Southern Illinois
Oregon v. Tennessee
UGA v. South Carolina

There's one that doesn't seem to fit here....

How come they aren't attending any of the big games? Are they just going to watch them on TV to get the "film" on certain guys?

What prospects are there at that first game worth traveling for?

X-Era
09-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Db, will you be hooking us up with this each week?

If so, I'm think of a sticky that captures it all in the opening post throughout the year.

X-Era
09-10-2010, 11:18 AM

How come they aren't attending any of the big games? Are they just going to watch them on TV to get the "film" on certain guys?

Heres what ESPN lists:

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td>Korey Lindsey (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27241/korey-lindsey)</td><td>CB (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/92/year/2011/cornerback)</td><td>5'10½"</td><td>185</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Christopher Dieker (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27103/christopher-dieker)</td><td>QB (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/8/year/2011/quarterback)</td><td>6'5"</td><td>230</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Kyle Dougherty (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27115/kyle-dougherty)</td><td>PK (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/95/year/2011/place-kicker)</td><td>5'9¾"</td><td>197</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center"> </td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Stephen Franklin (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/26227/stephen-franklin)</td><td>ILB (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/90/year/2011/inside-linebacker)</td><td>5'11½"</td><td>235</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center"> </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Joe Allaria (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/26702/joe-allaria)</td><td>WR (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/1/year/2011/wide-receiver)</td><td>6'0½"</td><td>195</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

DraftBoy
09-10-2010, 11:35 AM

Well keep in mind these are only the game Steuber is confirming, they may be at other games or they may watch from home.

Illinois has;
OG Randall Hunt
DE Clay Nurse
WR Jarrad Fayson
LB Martez Wilson

S. Illinois has;
CB Korey Lindsay
QB Chris Dieker

DraftBoy
09-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Db, will you be hooking us up with this each week?

If so, I'm think of a sticky that captures it all in the opening post throughout the year.

I plan to do this weekly, yes.

X-Era
09-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I plan to do this weekly, yes.

Mind if I merge (each week) and sticky it?

DraftBoy
09-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Mind if I merge (each week) and sticky it?

None at all, makes plenty of sense.

Do you want me to post my Game Reports in this thread as well?

X-Era
09-10-2010, 11:55 AM
None at all, makes plenty of sense.

Do you want me to post my Game Reports in this thread as well?

That seems like a whole other merge and sticky. :up:

k-oneputt
09-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I have an idea for these braindead scouts of ours:

- every week cover the six big conferences with extra scouts in the SEC.
- get somebody who actually knows what a good qb looks like out to the PAC-10 conf.
- we don't need anyone hitting the NE Lousiana St, Troy, S.Dakota, James Madison, Sunbelt conf. games. Those games should be way on the backburner.

hydro
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
I have an idea for these braindead scouts of ours:

- every week cover the six big conferences with extra scouts in the SEC.
- get somebody who actually knows what a good qb looks like out to the PAC-10 conf.
- we don't need anyone hitting the NE Lousiana St, Troy, S.Dakota, James Madison, Sunbelt conf. games. Those games should be way on the backburner.

DB is going to have a field day with this post!

DraftBoy
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM
DB is going to have a field day with this post!

No point, K-one knows where I stand and he knows there is plenty of talent in what he sees as inferior football. His opinion on where to scout is very common place, which isn't to say its right.

Its easy to nail guys at the big name schools who play on ESPN every Saturday, you make your mark and your money by finding the Ben Rothlesberger's and Wes Welker types.

Just scouting the big schools is a massive mistake and he knows that, just being contrarian.

k-oneputt
09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
My problem with the Bills is that they go overboard with the small school drafting of players. Look at their drafts the last ten years.
The best players are in the best conferences. There are more of them and they go to those schools for a reason, they are better. Of course you can always find an exception but I think this scouting dept spends way to much time in the Sunbelt and not enough in the SEC.
And I agree it should be "easy to nail guys at the big schools" but I think we all know the Bills scouting dept. cant' even get those right and those are usually top-12 type picks.
Way to much overanalyzing and trying to take college players and change their positions. As if these small school kids don't have enough problems just adjusting to the NFL size and speed.

k-oneputt
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Db, what did you think of your boy McCluster last night ?

psubills62
09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Pitt:
DE Greg Romeus

Romeus is a beast at 6'5, 270 projects at 4-3 DE or 3-4 DE and is a handle at the POA. Has a good set of pass rush moves already that allow him to counter OT's who may stop his initial move.

Romeus is going to have back surgery. Tough break for the kid. Hopefully he can show his skills at the combine.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10257/1087491-142.stm

k-oneputt
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Romeus is going to have back surgery. Tough break for the kid. Hopefully he can show his skills at the combine.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10257/1087491-142.stm

Another guy that should have came out in this years draft.

k-oneputt
09-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Db, what did you think of your boy McCluster last night ?

McCluster this weeks AFC Player of the Week.

DraftBoy
09-16-2010, 07:43 AM
McCluster this weeks AFC Player of the Week.

Sorry missed this until now. McCluster is doing what I said he could do. I always said he'd be a great ST'er, but I questioned his role in a traditional offense.

2 catches for 9 yards and a fumble is a decent start, but nothing that changes or validates that opinion.

And where did you see he's the player of the week?

NFL.com has Arian Foster as the player of the week.

DraftBoy
09-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Bills scouts attending;

Hawaii v. Colorado -OT Nate Solder
Notre Dame v. Michigan State -QB Kirk Cousins, LB Greg Smith, QB Dayne Crist, WR Micheal Floyd
Akron v. Kentucky-OG Stephen Hines, WR Randall Cobb, QB Mike Hartline
Duquense v. Delaware-QB Pat Devlin

My guesses at who the main targets of the scouting efforts are listed next to the games.

k-oneputt
09-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Special teams POW

DraftBoy
09-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Special teams POW

That's what I thought you probably meant, just making sure.

Always expected him to be good at ST, but I still have questions about how he fits into the 3 down offense.

DraftBoy
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Bills scouts will be at Thursday nights Miami v. Pitt game, along with 25 other teams.

DraftBoy
09-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Bills scouts will be at;

South Carolina v. Auburn tomorrow night.

DesertFox24
09-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Who are they looking at in the auburn South Carolina game.

My guess is Culliver and some the LBs. I am not sure if the DE Matthews is fast enough to play 34 OLB.

DraftBoy
09-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Who are they looking at in the auburn South Carolina game.

My guess is Culliver and some the LBs. I am not sure if the DE Matthews is fast enough to play 34 OLB.

My targets would be;

South Carolina-
OT Kyle Nunn
DB Chris Culliver
DE Cliff Matthews

Auburn-
QB Cam Newton
WR Darvin Adams
WR Terrell Zachary
LB Josh Bynes
DT Nick Farley
CB Neiko Thorpe

DesertFox24
09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
My targets would be;

South Carolina-
OT Kyle Nunn
DB Chris Culliver
DE Cliff Matthews

Auburn-
QB Cam Newton
WR Darvin Adams
WR Terrell Zachary
LB Josh Bynes
DT Nick Farley
CB Neiko Thorpe

The ILB from South Carolina Polk is not a bad late round guy either. Maybe Jerriel King but he has some issues with work ethic and off field stuff.

I really also like the other DE Taylor but he is only a softmore.

DB, any word on Clifton Geathers I really liked him wonder why we dont put him on practice squad at 6'8 300 pounds he is prototypical 5 technique.

DraftBoy
09-24-2010, 02:10 PM
The ILB from South Carolina Polk is not a bad late round guy either. Maybe Jerriel King but he has some issues with work ethic and off field stuff.

I really also like the other DE Taylor but he is only a softmore.

DB, any word on Clifton Geathers I really liked him wonder why we dont put him on practice squad at 6'8 300 pounds he is prototypical 5 technique.

I dont not like Paulk but I want to see my production. Only 6 tackles, and 1 sack thus far this season.

Not a big fan of King and I project him to move inside to OG.

Taylor I do like a lot but I only list Jr and Sr.

Nothing that Ive heard, got released about a week ago by the Phins and is just out there. He has worth ethic issues though and is a lazy players at times. Came into Browns camp overweight I believe.

X-Era
09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
DT Nick Fairley, junior from Auburn is a guy to watch too.

DraftBoy
09-24-2010, 03:43 PM
DT Nick Fairley, junior from Auburn is a guy to watch too.

Yep I mentioned him above as well. Not a great fit for our system but has really come on this year and been a disruptive force.

DesertFox24
09-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Yep I mentioned him above as well. Not a great fit for our system but has really come on this year and been a disruptive force.

Yeah he dominated Miss State, but he is a little short and not does not appear big enough for 34 NT.

I think he would be a great fit as a 3 technique for any 43 team.

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 07:36 AM
Yeah he dominated Miss State, but he is a little short and not does not appear big enough for 34 NT.

I think he would be a great fit as a 3 technique for any 43 team.

He's played well since then as well, hasn't had the stat line that he did against Miss State but hehas been making plays. His best fit would be next to a big 4-3 NT where he can play UT and hit the OC-OG shoulder gap.

DraftBoy
09-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Bills scouts have been to a Wofford game as well to see OG Pat Illig.

Confirmed by JBScouting.com

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Bills scouts were at;
Mississippi State v. Alcorn State
Georgia v. Colorado
Wisconsin v. Michigan State
ECU v. UNC

Ill give 5000 to the zoner who can figure out what position was the most targeted. Every game here had a player at this position of serious interest.

psubills62
10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Bills scouts were at;
Mississippi State v. Alcorn State
Georgia v. Colorado
Wisconsin v. Michigan State
ECU v. UNC

Ill give 5000 to the zoner who can figure out what position was the most targeted. Every game here had a player at this position of serious interest.
Ooh, ooh, offensive tackle is my guess.

Sherrod, Carimi, and Solder are the ones I can think of right now.

k-oneputt
10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
They had better be looking at the UNC and Mich St, linebackers also.

k-oneputt
10-05-2010, 10:33 AM
They should also be looking at R. Quinn to see if he could be a 3-4 olb pass rusher.
but then again he won't last to the 2nd rd. and qb is a must.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Ooh, ooh, offensive tackle is my guess.

Sherrod, Carimi, and Solder are the ones I can think of right now.

That is correct though you left out Boling (UGA).

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
They had better be looking at the UNC and Mich St, linebackers also.

Carter and Sturdivant are likely 1st rounders. Greg Jones as well.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 10:37 AM
They should also be looking at R. Quinn to see if he could be a 3-4 olb pass rusher.
but then again he won't last to the 2nd rd. and qb is a must.

It is a must but not necessairly in the 1st. The right guy has to be there.

k-oneputt
10-05-2010, 10:46 AM
It is a must but not necessairly in the 1st. The right guy has to be there.

They will be picking in the top-5, the right guy is one of the three. I will be happy with any of the three.
They will have to go qb for marketing, face of the franchise, and to sell tickets. It is an absolute must and I don't think even the Bills can screw it up.
If they didn't go qb, then they might as well move because the fanbase will not accept it.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 10:48 AM
They will be picking in the top-5, the right guy is one of the three. I will be happy with any of the three.
They will have to go qb for marketing, face of the franchise, and to sell tickets. It is an absolute must and I don't think even the Bills can screw it up.
If they didn't go qb, then they might as well move because the fanbase will not accept it.

I think you mean two not three, because Locker isn't a top 5 pick nor has he ever been, right now he's barely a first, though I grade him lower.

Luck is nowhere near a lock to declare and while Mallett is extremely likely to leave school don't count your chickens before they hatch. Too many things can happen between now and April.

k-oneputt
10-05-2010, 10:52 AM
It wouldn't shoch me if Luck stays. It would shock me if Mallett stayed.
Locker needs more coaching up due to the fact he didn't have any until last year but his skills and upside is to much to pass on. I would be shocked if he didn't go in the 1st rd.

DraftBoy
10-05-2010, 11:00 AM
It wouldn't shoch me if Luck stays. It would shock me if Mallett stayed.
Locker needs more coaching up due to the fact he didn't have any until last year but his skills and upside is to much to pass on. I would be shocked if he didn't go in the 1st rd.

Drafting on potential alone when the kid has never shown a consistent body of work is a recipe for disaster, imo.

Agreed on Luck and Mallett.

DesertFox24
10-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Nix said if the guy was productive in college the odds are better that he will be more successful than a guy who was not productive in college.

Reading the tea leaves the Bills are going to draft people that played well in college and you can look at this past draft and see that was the trend. Also no one year wonders in last years draft.

psubills62
10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
According to Chris Steuber's Twitter, a Bills scout will be at the Illinois/Michigan State game.

k-oneputt
10-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Nix said if the guy was productive in college the odds are better that he will be more successful than a guy who was not productive in college.

Reading the tea leaves the Bills are going to draft people that played well in college and you can look at this past draft and see that was the trend. Also no one year wonders in last years draft.

Maybe, but Easely was a "one year wonder".
Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten were smaller school b.m.o.c., I'm still waiting to see if any of the four can take the big next step.
And so far none of the three has looked anything special to me.

X-Era
10-16-2010, 12:28 PM
According to Chris Steuber's Twitter, a Bills scout will be at the Illinois/Michigan State game.Gotta assume its for Greg Jones or Gantt but thats two trips to see the Illini.

DesertFox24
10-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Herm Edwards said he spoke to a bills scout about Sherrod at the Miss State UF game.

Sherrod looks like a nice RT prospect.

X-Era
10-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Herm Edwards said he spoke to a bills scout about Sherrod at the Miss State UF game.

Sherrod looks like a nice RT prospect.My top pick for the RT spot would be Carimi in the 2nd round. He basically contained Heyward today and thats no easy task. He simply doesn't have the finesse or footwork to play LT IMO, but he could be a very very good RT.

DesertFox24
10-18-2010, 08:50 AM
My top pick for the RT spot would be Carimi in the 2nd round. He basically contained Heyward today and thats no easy task. He simply doesn't have the finesse or footwork to play LT IMO, but he could be a very very good RT.

I like him as a RT.

I also like Constanzo, it would be coup if he slipped to the second round and we could get him.

He would play LT and then we move Bell to TR, wood to Center and best man win RG spot.

Costanzo, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Bell - Wang, Howard, Hang nail as the backups.

X-Era
10-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I like him as a RT.

I also like Constanzo, it would be coup if he slipped to the second round and we could get him.

He would play LT and then we move Bell to TR, wood to Center and best man win RG spot.

Costanzo, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Bell - Wang, Howard, Hang nail as the backups.Wouldnt hate the move, but I like Bell at LT actually. Theres quite a few RT's that could help us early from the 2nd round on.

DesertFox24
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Wouldnt hate the move, but I like Bell at LT actually. Theres quite a few RT's that could help us early from the 2nd round on.

Oh I like Bell on the LT side as well. I just said that because Bell is bigger than Costanzo.

I have been a big Bell fan this year.

Like you said though there are some high quality RTs this year in rounds 2 and 3

DesertFox24
10-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Any updates on where bills scouts have gone?

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Bills scouts will be at Kent State v. Ohio this weekend and I know who they are looking at.

$5000 ZB's to whoever can guess the main target.

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 12:22 PM
For those who like to draw conclusions, this is the second time a Bills scout has seen Kent State play this month.

Previously saw them v. Temple.

psubills62
11-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Bills scouts will be at Kent State v. Ohio this weekend and I know who they are looking at.

$5000 ZB's to whoever can guess the main target.

Since I'm a ZB whore, I'll take a guess, though this one is a little harder.

The one guy I remember from when Kent State played PSU was Cobrani Mixon, ILB. I've been intrigued by him throughout the year, actually, and thought he would be a good fit for the interior of a 3-4.

According to his stats at cfbstats.com, he's got 10 TFL out of 38 total tackles - pretty high percentage. He also has 5.5 sacks, so he is probably decent at blitzing.

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Updating games that I previously missed, Bills scouts have been at;
Miss St v. UF
Illinois v. Mich St
Wisconsin v. Iowa
PSU v. Minn
Washington v. Arizona
FSU v. NC State
Arizona v. UCLA
Temple v. Kent State
Nebraska v. Iowa State
Purdue v. Michigan State (3rd time they've seen Mich St)

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Since I'm a ZB whore, I'll take a guess, though this one is a little harder.

The one guy I remember from when Kent State played PSU was Cobrani Mixon, ILB. I've been intrigued by him throughout the year, actually, and thought he would be a good fit for the interior of a 3-4.

According to his stats at cfbstats.com, he's got 10 TFL out of 38 total tackles - pretty high percentage. He also has 5.5 sacks, so he is probably decent at blitzing.

Solid guess but not who Ive heard they are looking at.

psubills62
11-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Purdue v. Michigan State (3rd time they've seen Mich St)

Cousins and/or Greg Jones perhaps?

X-Era
11-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Dorian Wood or Brian Lainhart, maybe Giorgio Morgan

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Cousins and/or Greg Jones perhaps?

Jones I know for sure they have looked at and like a lot.

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Dorian Wood or Brian Lainhart, maybe Giorgio Morgan

No, no, and no.

You guys are over thinking this. There is a very clear name that should jump out from one of these two teams.

k-oneputt
11-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Super. I'm sure it will be their "were smarter then everyone pick" and they will waste an early draft selection on the guy., and he will end up doing next to nothing like all their "were smarter then everyone picks" do.

k-oneputt
11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
How about this, they get their stupid ass scouts down to Alabama/ Auburn or LSU/Ark.

psubills62
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
How about this, they get their stupid ass scouts down to Alabama/ Auburn or LSU/Ark.

I'm sure they've got those games DVR'ed. :up:

k-oneputt
11-24-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm sure they've got those games DVR'ed. :up:

That would be smart. DVR the good teams and send the scouts to see the sh***y teams.

X-Era
11-24-2010, 03:36 PM
LaVon Brazil
Monte Simmons

How about Noah Keller

Eugene Jarvis

methos4ever
11-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Roosevelt Nix? I think Rosie's a DE that's looked at as an OLB right?....in about three years. Poop.

methos4ever
11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Super. I'm sure it will be their "were smarter then everyone pick" and they will waste an early draft selection on the guy., and he will end up doing next to nothing like all their "were smarter then everyone picks" do.
They are a part of BLESTO, so they share a good number of scouts, that also go to the big teams in addition to the lil guys.

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 06:17 PM
LaVon Brazil
Monte Simmons

How about Noah Keller

Eugene Jarvis

Nailed it.

Though I wouldnt mind them looking at Brazil as a late round returner with some WR skills.

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 06:19 PM
They are a part of BLESTO, so they share a good number of scouts, that also go to the big teams in addition to the lil guys.

Ignore him, he's well aware this is only a list of confirmed games and not the only games the Bills scouts attend. He just liked to complain about smaller schools whenever he gets the chance.

X-Era
11-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Nailed it.

Though I wouldnt mind them looking at Brazil as a late round returner with some WR skills.If they are looking that hard at LB'ers I think it's clear they will get one. Interesting that none of the reports are for OLB's.

DraftBoy
11-24-2010, 06:32 PM
If they are looking that hard at LB'ers I think it's clear they will get one. Interesting that none of the reports are for OLB's.

They took three last offseason in Batten, Moats, and Coleman. Maybe they wanna see what they got.

k-oneputt
11-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Ignore him, he's well aware this is only a list of confirmed games and not the only games the Bills scouts attend. He just liked to complain about smaller schools whenever he gets the chance.

Actually I'm waiting for their drafted small school guys to actually produce something.
Especially the guys taken in the first three rounds.

DraftBoy
11-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Actually I'm waiting for their drafted small school guys to actually produce something.
Especially the guys taken in the first three rounds.

No you aren't, you've already passed judgment.

DesertFox24
11-30-2010, 09:52 AM
It is a proven fact that small school guys have produced on the big stage.

It really stuns me that people think only big school prospects are good players.

One of the best players of all time was Jerry Rice, where did he go to school.

How about Deacon Jones.

Just because they went to an FCS school or small FBS does not mean they suck.

DesertFox24
11-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Nailed it.

Though I wouldnt mind them looking at Brazil as a late round returner with some WR skills.

Looked Noah Keller up and it says he plays for Ohio????

k-oneputt
11-30-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm more concerned with Troup, Carrington, McKelvin, Moats, Batten.

Let me know when they get to Rice and Deacon.

DesertFox24
11-30-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm more concerned with Troup, Carrington, McKelvin, Moats, Batten.

Let me know when they get to Rice and Deacon.

Ok so Troup has played pretty well, Carrington is going to get some time now.

Moats has been really active on special teams and has been bringing some nice pass rush.

Batten is hurt.

McKelvin this is really his second year and he has some ups and downs, needs to be more consistent.

All in all I think Nix did a good job getting some good talent. Also it takes time for DL and college DE changing to LB.

Also look at where those guys got drafted and similar positions no one is out producing them.

k-oneputt
11-30-2010, 10:27 AM
I've been disappointed thus far with Troup and Carrington. Let's hope they can play because we can't afford any more misses with early draft picks. Moats since moving outside has shown some upside for a late rd. pick. McKelvin underachieving for being a top pick.

DraftBoy
11-30-2010, 10:29 AM
I've been disappointed thus far with Troup and Carrington. Let's hope they can play because we can't afford any more misses with early draft picks. Moats since moving outside has shown some upside for a late rd. pick. McKelvin underachieving for being a top pick.

How have you been disappointed in Carrington? He's been inactive almost the entire season and Im not sure our coaching staff is capable of enough in evaluating talent right now to say, he has been inactive because he hasnt been good enough.

DraftBoy
11-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Looked Noah Keller up and it says he plays for Ohio????

Yep Senior LB for them.

k-oneputt
11-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Being inactive is disappointing for a high 3rd rd. pick in my book.
He doesn't exactly have all-pros in front of him.

DraftBoy
11-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Being inactive is disappointing for a high 3rd rd. pick in my book.
He doesn't exactly have all-pros in front of him.

You have faith in Gailey's talent evaluation skills?

k-oneputt
11-30-2010, 11:10 AM
more then Jaurons, but then again he was part in taking Troup and Carrington in the 2nd and 3rd. hope he's right. I wouldn't have taken either that early.

DraftBoy
11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
more then Jaurons, but then again he was part in taking Troup and Carrington in the 2nd and 3rd. hope he's right. I wouldn't have taken either that early.

I would of preferred both back a round, but Im better with Carrington than I was with Troup.

DesertFox24
11-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Yep Senior LB for them.

Ok I thought you said they were scouting a player from Kent for the second time. My bad.

DesertFox24
11-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I would of preferred both back a round, but Im better with Carrington than I was with Troup.

Hey Troup has done better than the Dan Williams and Terrance Cody so you could argue that he was a better pick to date.

Also the only other 5 technique drafted I think was Jared Odrick and he is hurt so hard to compare Odrick and Carrington but I like Odrick a lot.

X-Era
11-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Yep Senior LB for them.I watched some of the game and it appeared he was out. I then read he has an ankle injury. Did he not play? And worse, did the Bills not know that? I went to OHio's website and they don't list him as having any defensive stats... maybe he was a late scratch?

tampabay25690
12-01-2010, 08:30 PM

What are you watching that Im not....
Troup has been pretty solid since we switched back to the 4-3...The guy is getting better every week...

Carrington is improving and maturing right under are eyes.
2 good prospects...

X-Era
12-02-2010, 06:01 AM
What are you watching that Im not....
Troup has been pretty solid since we switched back to the 4-3...The guy is getting better every week...

Carrington is improving and maturing right under are eyes.
2 good prospects...Does a team like us need it's first few picks to be starters? I mean were 3/4 of the way through the season.

My problem isn't with either of them. It's with our philosophy to some extent. We draft these guys with significant needs at the position right away yet it takes a year or more to get them to be productive.

DraftBoy
12-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Bills scouts were at last night's Arizona v. Arizona State game. They appear to be targeting a mid-round QB by looking at guys like Devlin, Ponder, Foles, etc.

DraftBoy
12-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Foles was 22 of 36 last night for 262 with 3 TD's.

k-oneputt
12-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Good. I like Foles.

k-oneputt
12-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Is Foles even coming out in this draft ?

DesertFox24
12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I live Foles a lot, I like Ponder, Dalton, and that Nevada guy as well.

I disagree with what Pat Kirwan said on sirus last night that the bills have to take a franchise guy early in the draft.

I do not think Locker is worthy of a top 10 pick at all, and I am not sure I like Mallett. Yes Mallett has all the physical tools you look for but I am not sure he will be a good pro. Also I am starting to think we will not have a shot at either of them anyway.

I really think Mallett will be a card and Luck will be a panther.

DraftBoy
12-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Is Foles even coming out in this draft ?

Earlier in the year I would of said probably not, but when he was hurt his backup played well, so he may face a stiff spring competition and may leave early now.