PDA

View Full Version : The biggest hack out there is not Shefter

justasportsfan
09-01-2010, 02:28 PM
it's....

SI's senior NFL writer Peter King picks Buffalo to go 2-14, tied with Tampa Bay for the worst record in the league. He picks the Jets, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Pats and Ravens to make the playoffs in the AFC and Pittsburgh to beat Green Bay in the Super Bowl. He also has San Diego's Ryan Matthews and Kansas City's Dexter McCluster to be co-offensive rookies of the year (not C.J. Spiller).

For whatever it's worth, it looks like the Bills will have no shortage of places to turn for bulletin-board motivation prior to the season.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/09/si-on-bills-2-14.html

I remember when he said to call him Shirley Temple(or was it change his name to) if the bills won more than 3 games at one point in the last few years.

He didn't and now we're going to be even worse? Makes you wonder how idiots like this get a job to actually write for magazines.

ServoBillieves
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM
He's always been a hack with an open mouth and no one to shut it up. Could the Bills go 2-14? Well since we have no line and no quarterback as shown in the preseason, along with a crowded backfield of nobodies (was it him who said that? I may be mixing my idiots together...) sure, we can go 2-14. Some of us on here have them pegged as 2-14 or an equally poor record.

Hell, we could go 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13, 4-12, 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, 12-4, 13-3, 14-2, 15-1, or my odds on favorite of 16-0 (with a finishing record of 19-0), but he gets paid for his opinion and I don't, so yes, let's make it bulletin board motivation and he can sit and spin when the Bills want to prove him wrong.

malo
09-01-2010, 02:57 PM
He's probably not far off.

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2010, 03:01 PM
2-14 is not unreasonable.

Ingtar33
09-01-2010, 03:03 PM
i wouldn't say 2-14 is unreasonable

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 03:04 PM
I picked 2-14 also.

If the Bills are going to stink they might as well really stink. That way we draft higher in each round.

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
CopyCat

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 03:16 PM
For example in 2006 the Bills finished 7-9. Week 13 and 14 of that season the Bills beat the Jets and Miami. If they would have lost one of those games they would have drafted 11th in front of the 49ers, instead of 12th.

The Bills would have then selected LB Patrick Willis.

In the 2nd round instead of drafting POZ they could have went any numbers of ways, examples, Kevin Kolb QB, Sidney Rice WR, LaMarr Woodley DE, Steve Smith WR etc...

Oh well.

Ingtar33
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
For example in 2006 the Bills finished 7-9. Week 13 and 14 of that season the Bills beat the Jets and Miami. If they would have lost one of those games they would have drafted 11th in front of the 49ers, instead of 12th.

In the 2nd round instead of drafting POZ they could have went any numbers of ways, examples, Kevin Kolb QB, Sidney Rice WR, LaMarr Woodley DE, Steve Smith WR etc...

Oh well.

I wouldn't get on the Kolb bandwagon yet. Personally i think dumping McNabb and moving to Kolb will go down as one of the worst personnel moves since the Vikings traded for Hershel Walker... or the Saints traded their whole draft for Rickey Williams.

I've seen him in the preseason this year and he is looking atrocious... and really i can't think of a single time in the past few years i was slightly impressed by him. I could be wrong but I think those ignorant jackasses in Philly are going to rue the day they ran McNabb out of town.

justasportsfan
09-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Oh well.

For example , we could have grabbed anyone else but Maybin but Dick went with him anyways.

We could have gone with Eddie Royal but he isn't a possession receiver type that would fit a conservative philosophy so we went with Hardy.

You're giving Dick too much credit thinking he would have drafted Willis.

trapezeus
09-01-2010, 03:30 PM
my issue with king is that he still writes simply as a player mouth piece.

He could probably still write his 3 millionth, "brett favre is a god, i love him so much" 9 page diatribe, and then toss a line ike 2-14 for the bills.'

I don't doubt that the bills could suck, but writing simply the same big headline stories the whole time, and then not delving into any other teams other than the patriots, the giants, the jets, the redskins, and the cowboys is really annoying.

he is focused on big market only and the one or two teams that are hot at the time.

If the bills come out scorching hot and are 8-1 or some nonesense, then he'll finally take the time to read up about the bills. but his stories will annoy us because he'll prove that he knew nothing a bout us by either getting a players name wrong, or saying someone was more important than they ever were.

I hate peter king when it comes to bills news. i think he's fine if you want more color on a story that's been playing out in the national media.

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
For example , we could have grabbed anyone else but Maybin but Dick went with him anyways.

I remember how almost everyone on here had a hard on for Willis.

Don't get me started on the worst draft pick in my lifetime of being a Bills fan.

justasportsfan
09-01-2010, 03:38 PM

Don't get me started on the worst draft pick in my lifetime of being a Bills fan.

A lot of people here also thought that Maybin was a project tweener and yet Dick made him a 1st rd. pick.

just pointing out that losing games to get a high draft pick doesn't always pan out when you have an idiot calling the shots.

Beebe's Kid
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM

Oh well.

If, if, if

Holy ****, are you going to beat this drum for the next 50 years? Live and let live bro. If you want Willis, trade for him on Madden, and move on.

Actually, never mind, why don't you do an analysis of every player in the NFL we could have had. That would be amazing, because if we would have just lost every game ever, the possibilities would have been endless!!!

They should never win again, so we always can draft the best guy!!!

On topic: Why wouldn't Peter King say that? The local media in Buffalo is a joke, they are never going to be featured or interviewed or even asked what their opinion is, so they can't stick up for the team...not that any of them actually watch, or like the team.

I really don't give a **** what any of these jizzbags say about the Bills... and I would bet that many of the Bills don't either. If Gailey is going to call out some fans at TC, albeit inappropriate fans, you don't think for one second he is making them aware of all of this. It plays perfectly into firing up a team.

I like how, in spite of the fact that there is some promise being shown by this team, everybody wants to pile on the 2-14 bandwagon. It is ok to feel overly optimistic. I know nobody wants to say they think this team will be good, because if your wrong somebody on the message board might bring it up, and your life would be over, but 2-14? You think this football team is going to go 2-14? What if we went 9-7? Do the other teams "lose" the games we didn't "win" them?

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
If, if, if

Holy ****, are you going to beat this drum for the next 50 years? Live and let live bro. If you want Willis, trade for him on Madden, and move on.

Actually, never mind, why don't you do an analysis of every player in the NFL we could have had. That would be amazing, because if we would have just lost every game ever, the possibilities would have been endless!!!

They should never win again, so we always can draft the best guy!!!

On topic: Why wouldn't Peter King say that? The local media in Buffalo is a joke, they are never going to be featured or interviewed or even asked what their opinion is, so they can't stick up for the team...not that any of them actually watch, or like the team.

I really don't give a **** what any of these jizzbags say about the Bills... and I would bet that many of the Bills don't either. If Gailey is going to call out some fans at TC, albeit inappropriate fans, you don't think for one second he is making them aware of all of this. It plays perfectly into firing up a team.

I like how, in spite of the fact that there is some promise being shown by this team, everybody wants to pile on the 2-14 bandwagon. It is ok to feel overly optimistic. I know nobody wants to say they think this team will be good, because if your wrong somebody on the message board might bring it up, and your life would be over, but 2-14? You think this football team is going to go 2-14? What if we went 9-7? Do the other teams "lose" the games we didn't "win" them?
Dude it's a message board, made to discuss the "what if's".

more cowbell
09-01-2010, 04:57 PM

We could have gone with Eddie Royal but he isn't a possession receiver type that would fit a conservative philosophy so we went with Hardy.

You're giving Dick too much credit thinking he would have drafted Willis.

or desean jackson

YardRat
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I'd be stunned if we only managed two wins this season.

better days
09-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't understand people thinking the Bills only win 2-4 games this year.

Is the O-line worse than last year- No

Is the QB worse than last year-No

Are the RB's worse than last year-NO

Are the receivers worse than last year- Well TO is gone but he was underutilized anyway.

Is the Defense worse than last year- Maybe, but I doubt it & they may be better.

Is the Coaching worse than last year-HELL NO

7-9 Wins.

Dr. Lecter
09-01-2010, 07:38 PM

If that is true you are not very old.

There have been many, many picks worse than that

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 10:21 PM
If that is true you are not very old.

There have been many, many picks worse than that
Same age as you, I'm not counting the years I crapped in my own pants. I'll say about 1980 is when I became a Bills fan.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Same age as you, I'm not counting the years I crapped in my own pants. I'll say about 1980 is when I became a Bills fan.
So Willis was a worse pick than Erik Flowers? Perry Tuttle? JD Williams? Tony Hunter? Ronnie Harmon? Mike Williams?

don137
09-02-2010, 05:15 AM
I wouldn't get on the Kolb bandwagon yet. Personally i think dumping McNabb and moving to Kolb will go down as one of the worst personnel moves since the Vikings traded for Hershel Walker... or the Saints traded their whole draft for Rickey Williams.

I've seen him in the preseason this year and he is looking atrocious... and really i can't think of a single time in the past few years i was slightly impressed by him. I could be wrong but I think those ignorant jackasses in Philly are going to rue the day they ran McNabb out of town.

Dont forget Miami trading for Culpepper instead of signing a free agent named Drew Brees. That one is my favorite personnel blunder.

TacklingDummy
09-02-2010, 07:09 AM
So Willis was a worse pick than Erik Flowers? Perry Tuttle? JD Williams? Tony Hunter? Ronnie Harmon? Mike Williams?

No, Willis is a better draft pick then all of them.

Maybin is a worse draft pick than Flowers. Reason 1) All the good players drafted after Maybin 2) Maybin was drafted 11th overall, Flowers 26.

Ronnie Harmon actually had a career.

Mike Williams, Tony Hunter: Neck and neck with Maybin. They would make the Top 3 Biggest Bills busts.

Perry Tuttle, JD Williams: Although they were busts, taking in consideration who was drafted after them, Maybin will be a bigger bust.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Back on track, while I think Peter King is way off on the Bills record, and his playoff/superbowl predictions are pretty ridiculous, I think most people can see that over the years, Peter has become more of a romantic storyteller than a football analyst. The guy just leans more on what he would like to see as a fan than what is reality.

Mad Bomber
09-02-2010, 03:57 PM
No, Willis is a better draft pick then all of them.

Maybin is a worse draft pick than Flowers. Reason 1) All the good players drafted after Maybin 2) Maybin was drafted 11th overall, Flowers 26.

Ronnie Harmon actually had a career.

Mike Williams, Tony Hunter: Neck and neck with Maybin. They would make the Top 3 Biggest Bills busts.

Perry Tuttle, JD Williams: Although they were busts, taking in consideration who was drafted after them, Maybin will be a bigger bust.
You forgot Walt Patulski.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't understand people thinking the Bills only win 2-4 games this year.

Is the O-line worse than last year- No

Is the QB worse than last year-No

Are the RB's worse than last year-NO

Are the receivers worse than last year- Well TO is gone but he was underutilized anyway.

Is the Defense worse than last year- Maybe, but I doubt it & they may be better.

Is the Coaching worse than last year-HELL NO

7-9 Wins.

So you'd rather have Cornell Green over Brad Butler? The RT position is worse, and the rest of the line is no better.

better days
09-02-2010, 09:21 PM
So you'd rather have Cornell Green over Brad Butler? The RT position is worse, and the rest of the line is no better.

Well IF Butler played last year then OK he is better than Green BUT he hardly played at all. Levitre & Wood are vets now not rookies & should be better than last year. The O-Line will be better this year than it was last year.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 12:38 AM
2-14 is not unreasonable.

you have got to be kidding me. yes it is.