Tom Brady
Mark Brunell
John Elway (HOF)
Warren Moon (HOF)
Norm Van Brocklin (HOF)
Jack Kemp
Randall Cunningham
Steve DeBerg
Trent Dilfer (Started, and Won a Super Bowl)
Vince Ferragamo
Dan Fouts (HOF)
Jeff Garcia
Carson Palmer
Jim Plunkett
Aaron Rodgers
Sean Salisbury
Jim Zorn
Matt Moore (debateable)
Matt Cassell (debateable)
End of discussion. Thanks for stopping by.

theanswer74
09-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I dont think any of the top QB's next year were born in Cali.

DrGraves
09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
umm ?

more cowbell
09-01-2010, 04:55 PM
When the Leinart discussion came up, it triggered the whole "All QB's from California suck" argument because we've had bad experiences with Losman, RJ and Edwards...

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I could also add many other QBs that were from California that were crap to that list.

more cowbell
09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I could also add many other QBs that were from California that were crap to that list.

Yeah, you can Kyle Boller, John Beck, Todd Marinovich to name a few.

I'm just saying not EVERY QB that is from there is a bust just because we've had terrible luck with 2...possibly 3 guys

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm just saying not EVERY QB that is from there is a bust just because we've had terrible luck with 2...possibly 3 guys
Rob Johnson?

I'm not sure he was born in California.

YardRat
09-01-2010, 05:02 PM
lol @ Salisbury and Ferragamo....They should be on TD's list instead.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
No Brian Sipe? Steve Beurlein? John Brodie?

What a bunk list!

Mr. Pink
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, you can Kyle Boller, John Beck, Todd Marinovich to name a few.

The Bills should have learned their lesson 40 years ago with Dennis Shaw!

malo
09-01-2010, 05:15 PM
RJ, JPL, anf TE must bring the curve down a bit.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
RJ, JPL, anf TE must bring the curve down a bit.

Todd Marinovich, Gino Toretta and Dan McGwire destroyed that curve long before those 3 bums.

more cowbell
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Rob Johnson?

I'm not sure he was born in California.

Robby J is from Newport Beach, CA

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I will take Pennsylvania quarterbacks any day!

mayotm
09-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Players can either play or they can't. Their state of origin has nothing to do with it. To think otherwise is simply ignorant.

casdhf
09-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Only a few of those guys consistantly played in cold weather.

theanswer74
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I will take Pennsylvania quarterbacks any day!

Matt Schaub would probably be our QB today if we didnt sell the farm for Losman.

Extremebillsfan247
09-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Troy Aikman (HOF)
Tom Brady
Mark Brunell
John Elway (HOF)
Warren Moon (HOF)
Norm Van Brocklin (HOF)
Jack Kemp
Randall Cunningham
Steve DeBerg
Trent Dilfer (Started, and Won a Super Bowl)
Vince Ferragamo
Dan Fouts (HOF)
Jeff Garcia
Carson Palmer
Jim Plunkett
Aaron Rodgers
Sean Salisbury
Jim Zorn
Matt Moore (debateable)
Matt Cassell (debateable)End of discussion. Thanks for stopping by. In all my years of watching NFL football, one thing is always found to be true. It's not where the QB comes from that determines his success or failure, but the situation he is drafted into and whether the pieces are in place for that talent to evolve and flourish. JMO...

Demon
09-02-2010, 04:44 PM
When the Leinart discussion came up, it triggered the whole "All QB's from California suck" argument because we've had bad experiences with Losman, RJ and Edwards...

I think the arguement went right over your head. I don't think anyone is arguing that just because we've had bad luck with California QBs that means EVERY Cali QB suck. However, why do our QBs from Cali stink? Johnson was a product of Cali and played for USC. Edwards developed in Cali and played for Stanford. Losman developed in Cali, played in a dome in college.

It's hard for these QBs who have played in their elements all of their lives and come to a city with weather conditions that he's never seen before. Same with Mark Sanchez. You lose confidence real quick and everyone says confidence is the most important factor for a QB. To dissect your list a bit, Aikman developed in Cali, played in mid-west and played NFL in a dome. Young, developed in Cali, played college ball in Utah but then went back to Cali. Brady, developed in Cali, played college in Michigan and wasn't lights out there but he had a learning curve in bad conditions. Rodgers developed in Cali, played ball in Oregon then sat on the bench for several seasons, lots of years to adjust.

Obviously this doesn't work for everyone (Brady Quinn) but for the most part i do think it applies.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Troy Aikman (HOF)
Tom Brady Played college ball in Michigan
Mark Brunell Was crap outside Jacksonville.
John Elway (HOF) Wrong. Born in the state of Washington.
Warren Moon (HOF) Developed in Canada
Norm Van Brocklin (HOF) And how many years ago was that?
Jack Kemp Bust in the NFL, needed to drop to the AFL to succeed, and yes, at the time, it was a drop
Randall Cunningham
Steve DeBerg
Trent Dilfer (Started, and Won a Super Bowl) With a lot of help from his defense.
Vince Ferragamo Um... hello? Do you even remember his time here?
Dan Fouts (HOF)
Jeff Garcia See Warren Moon
Carson Palmer
Jim Plunkett
Aaron Rodgers
Sean Salisbury Better known as a pundit
Jim Zorn Better known as a coach
Matt Moore (debateable)
Matt Cassell (debateable)

While California born-and-bred may not be an automatic death wish, most of the ones that succeeded either had a lot of experience in cold weather before ascending to the NFL, or never played much ball in cold weather when in the NFL. Troy Aikman wouldn't be a hall-of-famer if he played for the Bills.