PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Mock Drafts

TacklingDummy
09-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I know its early. Most Mocks have the Bills picking #1 overall. Here's a few.

1. Buffalo Bills
Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Andrew Luck still has a lot to prove, but Trent Edwards has already proven that he is not the Bills’ savior at the QB position. Luck, an effortless thrower of the ball, would finally give the Bills their QB of the future. We doubt that Luck will declare, but he is a 1st-round lock if he does. The 2011 NFL Draft QB class isn’t incredibly strong, but NFL teams will continue to reach for their potential franchise player.

1. Bills: Andrew Luck
na / QB from Stanford
Andrew Luck and Robert Quinn are the safest picks in the draft. Locker has upside but don't forget that every other prospect has room to grow as well, but yes Locker has more potential than Luck and Quinn. Usually players that are labeled as potential never live up to it.

3. BUF- QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

1. Bills: Buffalo Bills: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Well, that sure didn't work very well. Both Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick embarrassed themselves in the preseason opener at Washington. And why are the Bills waiting until the second preseason game to play Brian Brohm? Buffalo's front office is a disgrace.

Bills fans should pray that their team finishes with the worst record in 2010 - maybe that'll force overwhelmed general manager Buddy Nix to draft a quarterback for a change. Jake Locker is mobile and can scramble for chunks of yardage pretty well, so maybe Chan Gailey will actually think he's good enough for his amazing "run, pass short, pass short, run, pass short, pass short" offense.

Locker is the No. 1 quarterback in the 2011 class - for now. Locker should have declared for the 2010 NFL Draft because a billion things can happen over the next 12 months. Maybe he gets hurt. Maybe the scouts see something they don't like and his stock drops. Maybe his teammates don't play up to par and drag him down. Maybe he gets distracted. Maybe general managers become worried that his decision to go back to school means that he's not fully invested in football.

That's a lot of maybes, but just look at recent history: Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn and Brian Brohm all made a huge mistake by not declaring right away.

#3: Bills: Jake Locker
Jake Locker
Ht/Wt: 6-3/226 lbs
Position: QB
School: Washington
Class: Senior

1. Jake Locker
QB from Washington

For now Locker is the consensus number 1 QB and the Bills need one so bad.

2nd round : Clint Boling, OT, Georgia

3rd round : Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College

2: Bills: Jake Locker
QB from Washington
The Bills finally roll the dice on a QB. Chan Gailey is wanting to run a spread offense in the NFL and Locker can do it.

5. Buffalo Bills - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Locker could have been the top pick in the 2010 Draft, but he opted to return to the Huskies for his senior season. The Bills haven't been able to find the right answer at QB for some time now, and a player of Locker's ability would be a logical addition here, especially if Buffalo is drafting in the top five, meaning they had yet another disappointing season.

3. Buffalo Bills- QB Ryan Mallett (Arkansas)

If the Bills are picking #3 overall, chances are Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Levi Brown, and Brian Brohm didn’t cut it for them. They could easily blame that on the left tackle position and take a left tackle, which I wouldn’t object to, however, this could be a historically bad class in terms of left tackles. The quarterbacks available at this juncture are much better. If history is an indication, Mallett will be the first quarterback off the board. Jake Locker comes into 2010 as a guy who could have gone in the top 10 in the 2010 NFL Draft, but decided to go back to school. Scouts are likely to overanalyze his game and rip him apart. Enter Mallett, who showed a lot of promise in 2010, but not enough consistency. If he can have a good year in 2010, he’ll be the first quarterback off the board. He has the cannon arm that the Bills’ new regime likes in a quarterback.

2. Buffalo Bills: QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas #

This franchise needs stability up front but will continue to draft skill players instead. Mallett has the best body of a pocket passer in this year’s QB class. The Bills will continue to struggle unless they upgrade at left tackle and quarterback

1. Buffalo Bills – QB Jake Locker – Washington

Buffalo’s 2010-11 season does not have a great outlooked and it is really based all around the quarterback. This will be Trent Edwards’ last year to prove that he can be the man in Buffalo. I don’t see that happening and they should win the first overall selection in the 2011 NFL draft. Jake Locker was the top rated QB in last year’s draft until he announced that he was coming back to the University of Washington for another year.

2. Bills - Jake Locker, QB, Washington - Simply put, the Bills are facing a tough schedule with heavy issues looming at the QB and OT positions. If they are selecting this early, a franchise QB is in the cards for them.

8. Buffalo: Top Choice would have been: Jake Locker
Ryan Mallett || 8.8% - Selected 3 out of 34
QB from Arkansas
Featured writeup from: july 2010
The Bills don't have a proven QB and unless Brohm or Edwards step up they'll have a bad year and choose first overall; For now i prefer Mallett than the others QB but, last year same month i thought Snead would be a top 5 pick !

2nd round : Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

3rd round : Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford

DrGraves
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
first and foremost we are going to crushhhh miami in just a few days. the fish have no chance at the ralph on opening day. this is totally irrelevant. the bills are ready to **** on the rest of the league

wmoz11
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Mallett will be a bust, IMO. If we are that bad, I hope Luck comes out (though it's been said he won't) and we choose him or Locker.

Mike13
09-01-2010, 11:43 PM
first and foremost we are going to crushhhh miami in just a few days. the fish have no chance at the ralph on opening day. this is totally irrelevant. the bills are ready to **** on the rest of the league

Cool Story Bro.

BertSquirtgum
09-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Cool Story Bro.

he ain't lying. :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

k-oneputt
09-02-2010, 07:33 AM
The best part of those drafts would be landing the ot in the 2nd, Boling or Solder, along with the qb.
My personal ranking would be Locker, Mallet, Luck.
Herzlich in the 3rd depending on his health issues would be great too. He's a Bills type player.

Jan Reimers
09-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I simply fail to see us as the worst team in the league. We have a coaching staff and some talent that they appear to know how to use. We will not be drafting number 1, nor in all probability in the top 5.

psubills62
09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Luck would be awesome. Every single draft has us getting QB in the first. Depending on who's around in the second, don't rule out something like OT/QB or WR/QB.

DraftBoy
09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Dont rule out us going OT and then QB, or DE and then QB. I think Buddy is going to have his guy he likes and if he's not a 1st Rounder he'll wait to take him. That may be Ponder, may be Jerrod Johnson, may be Luck, and may be Locker we don't know yet, but I dont think Buddy is just going to take the top guy because its a need position. I think he's going to identify his target at each position.

psubills62
09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Dont rule out us going OT and then QB, or DE and then QB. I think Buddy is going to have his guy he likes and if he's not a 1st Rounder he'll wait to take him. That may be Ponder, may be Jerrod Johnson, may be Luck, and may be Locker we don't know yet, but I dont think Buddy is just going to take the top guy because its a need position. I think he's going to identify his target at each position.

Agreed. It was obvious they were targeting Brown (maybe 1 or 2 other QB's) late in the draft this past year. I have a feeling Locker and Mallett will be guys they'll avoid...similar to Clausen.

I wonder how people would react to DE in the first round. It's a talented position in 2011, would love to get one of them for our DL.

What about OLB - is there any elite OLB coming out next year who could help us? It looks like we'll be in dire need of one of those as well.

TacklingDummy
09-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Dont rule out us going OT and then QB, or DE and then QB.
I read somewhere that next year is a very weak class at OT.

"3. Buffalo Bills- QB Ryan Mallett (Arkansas)

If the Bills are picking #3 overall, chances are Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Levi Brown, and Brian Brohm didn’t cut it for them. They could easily blame that on the left tackle position and take a left tackle, which I wouldn’t object to, however, this could be a historically bad class in terms of left tackles."

DraftBoy
09-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I read somewhere that next year is a very weak class at OT.

"3. Buffalo Bills- QB Ryan Mallett (Arkansas)

If the Bills are picking #3 overall, chances are Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Levi Brown, and Brian Brohm didn’t cut it for them. They could easily blame that on the left tackle position and take a left tackle, which I wouldn’t object to, however, this could be a historically bad class in terms of left tackles."

Id take any site that has Ryan Mallet going third overall opinion with a grain of salt. This could be a very good LT class depending on how a number of seniors play (Franklin, Carmini, Costanzo, Boling) or could be a down year. Just depends on how these guys continue to develop.

TacklingDummy
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Id take any site that has Ryan Mallet going third overall opinion with a grain of salt. This could be a very good LT class depending on how a number of seniors play (Franklin, Carmini, Costanzo, Boling) or could be a down year. Just depends on how these guys continue to develop.

Walterfootball also only projects 1 OT to go in the top 15 picks and 2 in the top 25.

Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU - Scouting Report
Height: 6-5. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Projected Round (2011): Top 15 Pick.
4/3/10: Could be the first left tackle chosen in the 2011 NFL Draft. Joseph Barksdale is a very athletic lineman who had a great year with LSU. He'll move over to the blind side in 2010.

Nate Potter*, OT, Boise State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 296.
Projected 40 Time: 5.00.
Projected Round (2011): Top 25 Pick.
4/3/10: An athletic left tackle who has been starting at that position for Boise State since his freshman year.

# Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
Height: 6-7. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 4.96.
Projected Round (2011): 1-2.
4/3/10: Started at left tackle as early as a sophomore. Needs to bulk up to 300-plus pounds and maintain his athleticism. A borderline first-round pick for now.

# DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
Projected 40 Time: 4.96.
7/23/10: DeMarcus Love still has to improve his game, but athletic 315-pound left tackles don't exactly grow on trees.

# Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin - Scouting Report
Height: 6-8. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.01.
7/23/10: An athletic player for his size, Gabe Carimi could be the first offensive tackle off the board in the 2011 NFL Draft if he has a strong senior season. He wasn't particularly good as a junior, looking sluggish at times.

TacklingDummy
09-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Personally I think what position the Bills draft first will depend on how the QB position plays out this year. If they lay an egg than the Bills must go QB with their 1st pick. If they play well than the Bills can look elsewhere.

psubills62
09-02-2010, 11:04 AM
TD, first of all, Walterfootball makes me cringe. IIRC, Kiper has Costanzo as his top OT. So I'm sure we all know these lists are very tentative right now. I doubt anyone had Trent Williams as a top-5 LT this time last year.

If some of those guys improve their play, I'm sure they'll jump significantly, considering how valuable LT's are.

Mike13
09-02-2010, 11:11 AM
he ain't lying. :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

we'll see wont we?

TacklingDummy
09-02-2010, 11:22 AM
TD, first of all, Walterfootball makes me cringe. IIRC, Kiper has Costanzo as his top OT. So I'm sure we all know these lists are very tentative right now. I doubt anyone had Trent Williams as a top-5 LT this time last year.

I looked at a dozen or so other mock drafts and most of them don't have any Tackles drafted before the 10 pick or so. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin, seems like the top choice followed by Costanzo.

DraftBoy
09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I looked at a dozen or so other mock drafts and most of them don't have any Tackles drafted before the 10 pick or so. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin, seems like the top choice followed by Costanzo.

And the fact that they have Carmini first should tell you bunches about some of these sites considering how bad a year Carmini had. Most (not all) sites producing mock drafts at this point watch very little tape and only know about guys after somebody else starts talking about them.

TacklingDummy
09-02-2010, 12:15 PM
And the fact that they have Carmini first should tell you bunches about some of these sites considering how bad a year Carmini had. Most (not all) sites producing mock drafts at this point watch very little tape and only know about guys after somebody else starts talking about them.Fact is you had Franklin as one of the top 4 OT, I haven't found him in any mock I looked at. Mock drafts are just opinions. Their opinions are not always right, like yours.

ddaryl
09-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm seeing a pattern here

scartown
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Ponder and either one of a rush OLB (Von Miller) that's my boy or OT. That's the way I hope this team goes.

DraftBoy
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Fact is you had Franklin as one of the top 4 OT, I haven't found him in any mock I looked at. Mock drafts are just opinions. Their opinions are not always right, like yours.

No I named Franklin as an OT to watch who is a senior, nowhere that Im aware of or recall did I say Franklin was a top 4 OT, though he certainly has the talent to do so. Please don't misrepresent what I said.

You not being able to find him in any mock draft though is more exciting than anything, that means that if in his early tape he shows the development needed to move his game forward then I can talk about him first.

Though I would advise you to look here if you want to find mocks of the same quality;
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=45

I never said I was always right, but you didnt post your sources so they could be from anywhere. And if you dont trust me about using Walter Football, then just ask around. Walter's is good because they have lots of names and they give you basic information, but as far as in-depth analysis or projections, Id highly recommend using another site like NFLDraftBible.

And Ill show you why, I have such a big issues with Walter's stuff;

Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU - Scouting Report
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Projected Round (2011): Top 15 Pick.
4/3/10: Could be the first left tackle chosen in the 2011 NFL Draft. Joseph Barksdale is a very athletic lineman who had a great year with LSU. He'll move over to the blind side in 2010.

Speculating that a player that has never player LT before could be the very first LT taken in the 2011 draft is reaching, if you like him that's fine and I like Barksdale but on the right side. He is athletic but his footwork is sloppy and he is slow off the snap so there is no way Id every project him at LT in the NFL. At LSU it should be ok though he may struggle against speed rush based ends. We'll have to wait and see but to project him now so high to me is a massive, massive reach and should speak volumes for a guy who is once again playing his first collegiate season at LT. At least get some tape on him playing LT first before you project him, which is why you dont see him on my site or many others yet.

k-oneputt
09-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I use my own sources, me, and what I watch. Like when we all knew Ngata over Whitner. Or Orakapo over Maybin. Mckinnie over Williams.

Extremebillsfan247
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
We will be lucky to even crack the top 10 in next years draft. Gailey isn't known for failing, and with good reason. You already are seeing glimpses of why he has the track record that he does. By the time it is our turn to pick in the draft, I can almost guarantee that at least one of these QBs will already be off the board. After seeing what has transpired in this year's draft, you can expect the Bills to pick the best player on the board when it is their turn, whether they are stocked at that particular position or not. It may or may not necessarily be a QB with our first pick. JMO

TacklingDummy
09-11-2010, 05:48 AM
Id take any site that has Ryan Mallet going third overall opinion with a grain of salt. This could be a very good LT class depending on how a number of seniors play (Franklin, Carmini, Costanzo, Boling) or could be a down year. Just depends on how these guys continue to develop.Really??? He sure looked good last week.

k-oneputt
09-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Mallett is gonna light it up all year. He has good offensve talent around him and a good offensive coach. With his size, arm, and the numbers he will put up this year in the best conference in the country, he will be a first rd. pick.

Buffalo Thriller
09-11-2010, 08:02 AM
If we are at the number one spot we will not pick Luck. Jake Locker at #1 would make sense!

DraftBoy
09-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Really??? He sure looked good last week.

Give it some time, he has to show it more than in just one game.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Give it some time, he has to show it more than in just one game.
Worked for Rob Johnson.

thejosh213
09-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Problem is I camt see any of those qbs falling to pick 32! Go Bills! (P.s. and yes I realize what a homer statement that is, but with kickoff less than 24 hours away I couldn't help myself ) squish the fish!

psubills62
09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Just so people know, Andrew Luck is playing against UCLA (road game) right now on ESPN, in case you want to stay up and watch.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Hmmmm, really?

X-Era
09-18-2010, 02:30 PM
IMO its too early for mocks. I could see 3, even 4 QB's going in the 1st round, or 1 or even none if some guys return to school. At OT, I could see 3 maybe 4 or only 1 in the 1st.

There's a lot left to happen, mocking a pick in the top 3 is crazy at this point IMO.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Updated...9-14 to 9-17

1) Buffalo Bills: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
I don't think there can be anymore doubt that the Bills are the favorite to finish the year with the worst record in the NFL. There should have never been any doubt, but I constantly received e-mails and Facebook wall posts/messages from Buffalo fans this offseason, citing that I was crazy for thinking the Bills would be selecting first in the 2011 NFL Draft. After that ugly performance against Miami, I don't think I'll be getting any e-mails like that anytime soon.

That ugly performance by Trent Edwards was exactly what the Bills needed though. It'll force overwhelmed general manager Buddy Nix to draft a quarterback for a change. Jake Locker is mobile and can scramble for chunks of yardage pretty well, so maybe Chan Gailey will actually think he's good enough for his amazing "pass short, pass short, pass short, pass short" offense.

Locker is the No. 1 quarterback in the 2011 class - for now. We'll see what happens during the rest of the season, but Buffalo desperately needs to pick the top signal-caller on their draft board if they ever want to make the playoffs ever again.

1. Buffalo Bills - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Locker could have been the top pick in the 2010 Draft, but he opted to return to the Huskies for his senior season. The Bills haven't been able to find the right answer at QB for some time now, and a player of Locker's ability would be a logical addition here, especially if Buffalo has the first pick in the draft, a spot indicative of a team having had the worst record in the previous season.

1 Buffalo: Jake Locker
QB from Washington

As of now Locker is the best QB prospect in the draft. Through two games he has shown alot of growth since last year. He has a very accurate and strong arm and his footwork is excellent. Mental game is just fine so far, he will be a very deadly quarterback in the NFL once he get's experience.

2. Buffalo Bills- QB Ryan Mallett (Arkansas)

If the Bills are picking #2 overall, chances are Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Levi Brown, and Brian Brohm didn’t cut it for them. They could easily blame that on the left tackle position and take a left tackle, which I wouldn’t object to, however, this could be a historically bad class in terms of left tackles. The quarterbacks available at this juncture are much better. If history is an indication, Mallett will be the first quarterback off the board. Jake Locker comes into 2010 as a guy who could have gone in the top 10 in the 2010 NFL Draft, but decided to go back to school. Scouts are likely to overanalyze his game and rip him apart. Enter Mallett, who showed a lot of promise in 2010, but not enough consistency. If he can have a good year in 2010, he’ll be the first quarterback off the board. He has the cannon arm that the Bills’ new regime likes in a quarterback.

1. Buffalo Bills: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
I don't think there can be anymore doubt that the Bills are the favorite to finish the year with the worst record in the NFL. There should have never been any doubt, but I constantly received e-mails and Facebook wall posts/messages from Buffalo fans this offseason, citing that I was crazy for thinking the Bills would be selecting first in the 2011 NFL Draft. After that ugly performance against Miami, I don't think I'll be getting any e-mails like that anytime soon.

That ugly performance by Trent Edwards was exactly what the Bills needed though. It'll force overwhelmed general manager Buddy Nix to draft a quarterback for a change. Jake Locker is mobile and can scramble for chunks of yardage pretty well, so maybe Chan Gailey will actually think he's good enough for his amazing "pass short, pass short, pass short, pass short" offense.

Locker is the No. 1 quarterback in the 2011 class - for now. We'll see what happens during the rest of the season, but Buffalo desperately needs to pick the top signal-caller on their draft board if they ever want to make the playoffs ever again.

1) Buffalo Andrew Luck: If the Bills are picking first, chances are Trent Edwards fell on his face. Buffalo won't become relevant again until they find a franchise signal caller. Andrew Luck appears to be the real deal.

2) Buffalo Jake Locker QB from Washington

This pick will most likely be a safety, or a full back, but I'm going to assume that the Bills FO is not comprised if total morons. A talent like Locker should be an easy choice. 3-1 odds that they choose Mark Ingram here though.

1. BUF — Jake Locker — QB — Washington

There’s a lot of talk about Andrew Luck going first overall, and some of that talk even includes Buffalo drafting leadoff. But Locker’s the quarterback the Bills want. Ralph Wilson openly admitted that he drafted CJ Spiller because hewash1 wanted some excitement in the franchise, needs be damned. Locker’s the most exciting passer worthy of the top spot. For now the Bills are sneering, thinking they pulled one over on Denver when the Broncos traded up to take Tim Tebow and presumably steal him from Chan Gailey. The joke could be on Buffalo if their offenses flounders with Trent Edwards shuffling through all the Jonas Brothers haircuts while leading their offense to 10 points per game.