Despite the Phishy smell and all the teal decor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Despite the Phishy smell and all the teal decor...

I was having a hard time understanding why fans of other teams would frequent the Zone. I always felt they get off a little easy sporting the teal and orange, and completely unjustified arrogance concerning their team, in the Zone.

I decided I would try things from their prospective, and check out a Phish forum. I thought long and hard, for 3 seconds about signing up and posting, but realized I could care less what they have to say, and from reading their post here, realized the feeling would be mutual.

I did take a look, a little lurking, I guess. When I clicked on forums, I found one thread that was particularly interesting, and I figured I would share it, because there has to be a couple of you that find this as entertaining as me.

Time to worry about Buffalo

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Despite the Phishy smell and all the teal decor...

Wow, I honestly expected the original poster to get torn to shreds for suggesting their beloved Fish would lose to the Bills, but most of the responses were surprisingly rational. Even the people who disagreed and thought the Fish would win had reasons for their opinions.

Try starting a "Time to Worry about Miami" thread here, and it will be 3 pages of "stop being a negative nancy. The media underrates us."
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

I'm terrified of Buffalo. CJ Spiller, Lee Evans.... uh.... uh.... Aaron Maybin?

Yeah, I'm not worried. Glad the game is early in the season instead of the cold.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
        • Dec 2008

man, i just read a few pages and I am FIRED UP for September 12th! I'm considering driving up from Northern VA. now since I have a 4 day weekend!

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DA-2

Yeah, I'm not worried. Glad the game is early in the season instead of the cold.
          When was the last time the fins opened 1-0? I don't even remember.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Just like we should be worried about Miami. Brandon Marshall, Ronnie Brown.... uh.... uh.... Koa Misi?
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Buffalogic
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by psubills62
              Just like we should be worried about Miami. Brandon Marshall, Ronnie Brown.... uh.... uh.... Koa Misi?
              But but the fins were 7-9 last year!! Be afraid, be very afraid!

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

If we lose, I hope we just get blown out. I don't think I can take another loss like the Dallas or NE MNF games.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                  But but the fins were 7-9 last year!! Be afraid, be very afraid!
                  That, and they have a "Franchise QB," or so they say... he hasn't really proven anything, but he is great. You know, kind of like Edwards was a few years ago, on the cusp.

Comment

• wmoz11
                    • Sep 2008

Apparently "franchise QB" = taken early in the draft and has nothing to do with actual on-field accomplishments, now-a-days.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                      That, and they have a "Franchise QB," or so they say... he hasn't really proven anything, but he is great. You know, kind of like Edwards was a few years ago, on the cusp.
                      Henne is the Sanchez of Miami. Under producing and overrated.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Key Stat
                        The Dolphins were intercepted four times, including three picks by Henne and another from RB Ricky Williams. Miami has now turned the ball over 17 times after committing a record-low 13 last season.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                          • Nov 2009

Please give me the story about how we didn't beat you guys last year again. That is entertaining to listen to how Miami "lost" the game, we didn't "win," because they called bad plays, didn't play defense, etc.

So, a game that ends up with your coach crying that we ran up the score, even though it was less of a margin than the Dolphin win in Miami. I'm sure you remember that game...17-3 at the half and you didn't take your foot of the gas, but in Buffalo, when you were actually winning going into the 4th, we ran it up? I guess crying is to be expected if you wear teal.

I don't know why people think so much of the Dolphins or Jets, but I know that it will be fun to see them trip over their egos and land in the basement.

There really is no feeling like having Tuna-Phish at the Ralph!!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cocamide
                            If we lose, I hope we just get blown out. I don't think I can take another loss like the Dallas or NE MNF games.
                            1. It's the opener
                            2. Its the Dolphins in the Ralph

Ain't no "if we lose!" Come on man, we are the 12th man, not ****ing Eyore.

Why not us? Billieve brother. You know what, if I cheer for the Bills, and they lost every game...so ****ing what? I am going to root for them no matter what, so there is no need to test the water and see if it is ok to root for my team.

I am ****ing tired of our fans acting like we are *****es to the other team's fans.

Even the Patriots...their fans are all cocky, and they are everywhere...the same team that couldn't get fans in Boston in the '80's...the Ralph was full.

The Jets? They happen to be the darling, but NYC always has another team on reserve, and will forget all about the Jets in the Giants win...the Ralph will be full.

The Phins? Read the link. Joe Robi, or whatever the sponsor's name is, is nothing compared to the Ralph. 80 and sunny in December, not full, -50 with 18 inches of snow...the Ralph is full.

Every team has a rough go of it. Ours has been bad, but we we've never been the worst team in the league, and rarely the division.

The bad part is that all of us that are here now, will have a lot more among us when we start winning. I remember the early 90's, Bills fans everywhere, not the case any more, either way...the Ralph is still full and we're all here. They use the word "diehard" Well there are a lot that have died, and we haven't, despite how hard it has been...maybe time for a new term.

Comment

• Mike13
                              • Aug 2005

So you can underestimate us but we cant underestimate you?

Truly a Buffalo line of thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X