• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Price to trade for Vincent Jackson

Reportedly a 2nd round pick in 2011 and a 3rd in 2012.

The Chargers are asking for a second-round pick in 2011 and a third-round pick in 2012 in exchange for Vincent Jackson, according to Yahoo's Michael Silver.

These are not absurd demands. The Dolphins gave up a second-round pick in both 2010 and 2011 for Brandon Marshall and then signed him to a four-year, $47.5 million contract that included at least $12.5 million in guarantees. However, we have no recent reports of movement on the V-Jax situation. Let someone else overpay for Jackson on draft day.
    Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Would you pay that price, plus an elite WR's contract? At this point...I'd say no, personally.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Price to trade for Vincent Jackson

I just hope he gets is ass out there and plays somewhere. I drafted him in pretty much all my leagues. At the time, it seemed like a good value pick in the later rounds.

Comment

• wmoz11
      • Sep 2008

I'd do a 2nd easily if it wasn't for the contract that he reportedly wants. A 2nd and 3rd and 50M? No thanks.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I would love to have him here but I suspect that the Bills are going to hold to their draft philosophy.

If the Bills were a player or two away from the playoffs than this move would make a lot more sense.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

No way. We'll have a number of young WRs on the roster, and a potentially very good one on IR in Easley.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Jackson looks better than he is due to playing in SD. Watch, they won't skip a beat with Malcom Floyd. Then everyone will be on his nuts and forget about Vjax.

I'd hate if the bills gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for this dude. Moss was acquired for a 4th round pick...No thanks of the vjax.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

Isn't he suspended?

PTR
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              4. All Religion should be taxed.
              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
              6. F**k her gently.
              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

Guys like this always worry me. I'm always afraid that once they get their money, they'll stop trying to work hard. I'm really hoping that happens to Revis.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by wmoz11
                  I'd do a 2nd easily if it wasn't for the contract that he reportedly wants. A 2nd and 3rd and 50M? No thanks.
                  Honestly, I'm afraid that Jackson won't be consistently elite. There have just been way too many times when a guy becomes good or elite on one team, gets traded or signed by another team and flops. Why take that risk? He's done very well in his career, but I get that vibe from Jackson. Is he mostly a product of San Diego's offense?

If we're that desperate for an elite WR, then there are plenty who should be entering the draft this next year. Get AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jonathan Baldwin, etc. in the first round, then draft a QB or OT in the second (Ponder, Devlin, for example). I'd rather have the flexibility of the draft picks than going for Jackson.
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                    Isn't he suspended?

PTR
                    For at least the first three games. He was put on the roster exempt list, which I think (I'm unclear on this point) means he's suspended for 3 games even after his other 3 game suspension. So possibly a total or 6 games...but don't quote me on that.

I'm thinking that if this trade is made, it will be a long-term one.
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by cocamide
                      I just hope he gets is ass out there and plays somewhere. I drafted him in pretty much all my leagues. At the time, it seemed like a good value pick in the later rounds.
                      Sorry, but I have to laugh at this. I avoided him like the plague and was happy that the autodraft picked him for a team where the owner barely checks his roster. I'm pretty sure Vincent Jackson will be in his starting lineup for most, if not all, of the year. Too bad the guy isn't in my division.
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• more cowbell
                        • Apr 2006

No thanks....VJ is a very good player, but hes flirting with suspensions, and the money that he is going to want is top 5 WR money which he is not even close to being.

Could also be a product of the SD offense...look at Legedu Naanne and Malcolm Floyd...their careers are coming alive in that system,
                        The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

I believe he is out for the first 6 games, regardless.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

this team is not ready for big name FA additions... Still got to build that core, and we need draft picks to do that...

SO although I would not be disspaointed if we did do this I don't beleive we are ready for such a player and would just derail the Nix rebuild project osme.
                            Last edited by ddaryl; 09-02-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                              • Nov 2009

I cannot believe that the holy-rollers haven't chimed in yet.

How could we even consider a guy who is one mistake away from a year long suspension? If he made a mistake one time, he is sure to make another, and he is a total thug.

Comment

Working...
                              X