PDA

View Full Version : Price to trade for Vincent Jackson

psubills62
09-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Reportedly a 2nd round pick in 2011 and a 3rd in 2012.

The Chargers are asking for a second-round pick in 2011 and a third-round pick in 2012 in exchange for Vincent Jackson, according to Yahoo's Michael Silver.

These are not absurd demands. The Dolphins gave up a second-round pick in both 2010 and 2011 for Brandon Marshall and then signed him to a four-year, $47.5 million contract that included at least $12.5 million in guarantees. However, we have no recent reports of movement on the V-Jax situation. Let someone else overpay for Jackson on draft day.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx?rwr=1

Would you pay that price, plus an elite WR's contract? At this point...I'd say no, personally.

cocamide
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I just hope he gets is ass out there and plays somewhere. I drafted him in pretty much all my leagues. At the time, it seemed like a good value pick in the later rounds.

wmoz11
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd do a 2nd easily if it wasn't for the contract that he reportedly wants. A 2nd and 3rd and 50M? No thanks.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I would love to have him here but I suspect that the Bills are going to hold to their draft philosophy.

If the Bills were a player or two away from the playoffs than this move would make a lot more sense.

Jan Reimers
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
No way. We'll have a number of young WRs on the roster, and a potentially very good one on IR in Easley.

Buffalogic
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Jackson looks better than he is due to playing in SD. Watch, they won't skip a beat with Malcom Floyd. Then everyone will be on his nuts and forget about Vjax.

I'd hate if the bills gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for this dude. Moss was acquired for a 4th round pick...No thanks of the vjax.

PromoTheRobot
09-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Isn't he suspended?

PTR

cocamide
Guys like this always worry me. I'm always afraid that once they get their money, they'll stop trying to work hard. I'm really hoping that happens to Revis.

psubills62
I'd do a 2nd easily if it wasn't for the contract that he reportedly wants. A 2nd and 3rd and 50M? No thanks.

Honestly, I'm afraid that Jackson won't be consistently elite. There have just been way too many times when a guy becomes good or elite on one team, gets traded or signed by another team and flops. Why take that risk? He's done very well in his career, but I get that vibe from Jackson. Is he mostly a product of San Diego's offense?

If we're that desperate for an elite WR, then there are plenty who should be entering the draft this next year. Get AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jonathan Baldwin, etc. in the first round, then draft a QB or OT in the second (Ponder, Devlin, for example). I'd rather have the flexibility of the draft picks than going for Jackson.

psubills62
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Isn't he suspended?

PTR

For at least the first three games. He was put on the roster exempt list, which I think (I'm unclear on this point) means he's suspended for 3 games even after his other 3 game suspension. So possibly a total or 6 games...but don't quote me on that.

I'm thinking that if this trade is made, it will be a long-term one.

psubills62
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I just hope he gets is ass out there and plays somewhere. I drafted him in pretty much all my leagues. At the time, it seemed like a good value pick in the later rounds.

Sorry, but I have to laugh at this. I avoided him like the plague and was happy that the autodraft picked him for a team where the owner barely checks his roster. I'm pretty sure Vincent Jackson will be in his starting lineup for most, if not all, of the year. Too bad the guy isn't in my division.

more cowbell
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
No thanks....VJ is a very good player, but hes flirting with suspensions, and the money that he is going to want is top 5 WR money which he is not even close to being.

Could also be a product of the SD offense...look at Legedu Naanne and Malcolm Floyd...their careers are coming alive in that system,

Forward_Lateral
09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I believe he is out for the first 6 games, regardless.

ddaryl
09-02-2010, 11:28 AM
this team is not ready for big name FA additions... Still got to build that core, and we need draft picks to do that...

SO although I would not be disspaointed if we did do this I don't beleive we are ready for such a player and would just derail the Nix rebuild project osme.

Beebe's Kid
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I cannot believe that the holy-rollers haven't chimed in yet.

How could we even consider a guy who is one mistake away from a year long suspension? If he made a mistake one time, he is sure to make another, and he is a total thug.

OpIv37
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
if we were a better team, I'd consider it.

But we have suspect QB's and a suspect OL. Giving up so much for a WR when there is no guarantee we can get him the ball is stupid

HHURRICANE
09-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Olson actually makes alot more snese.

ddaryl
09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I cannot believe that the holy-rollers haven't chimed in yet.

How could we even consider a guy who is one mistake away from a year long suspension? If he made a mistake one time, he is sure to make another, and he is a total thug.

I did not know he has some strikes against him.. it's a definite pass then.. $50m for a possible prroblem .. no tanks

better days
09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I am happy Smith followed Butler to S.D. I think he sucks as a GM & the window on the Chargers is closing.

Nix will have the Bills in the playoffs soon because he will not make stupid trades.

ddaryl
09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I am happy Smith followed Butler to S.D. I think he sucks as a GM & the window on the Chargers is closing.

Nix will have the Bills in the playoffs soon because he will not make stupid trades.

I don't think the trade that Smith made for Eli was stupid.. Quite genious actually..

as for Butler.. I never liked him as a GM, talk about pathetic contracts etc...

as for Smith.. He's stuggling now with mal contents, but he was GM of the year a few years back I do believe.

better days
09-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't think the trade that Smith made for Eli was stupid.. Quite genious actually..

as for Butler.. I never liked him as a GM, talk about pathetic contracts etc...

as for Smith.. He's stuggling now with mal contents, but he was GM of the year a few years back I do believe.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Butler made the Eli trade. I checked, Butler died just before the draft so Smith made the trade.

justasportsfan
09-02-2010, 12:48 PM
if we were a better team, I'd consider it.

But we have suspect QB's and a suspect OL. Giving up so much for a WR when there is no guarantee we can get him the ball is stupid
I'd rather use the picks to build the lines.

trapezeus
09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
isnt' he still facing a suspension? then two picks, then a renegotiated contract? then a possibel strike? no thanks.

Extremebillsfan247
09-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Vincent Jackson opposite of Lee Evans with Spiller in the backfield has playoff potential written all over it. It would be awesome in my opinion if that were to happen. Only problem is that I don't see the Bills making that move. Do you?

Extremebillsfan247
09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
isnt' he still facing a suspension? then two picks, then a renegotiated contract? then a possibel strike? no thanks.If he is traded, his suspension time will be concurrent, which means his time out would literally be cut in half. If he stays with SD, he will have to do his full lot of suspension time. That's what I have been hearing on it.

trapezeus
09-02-2010, 04:40 PM
i just don't see the value in trading for jackson with a suspension and huge contract coming. with a team that isn't looking to make a SB run in the next two years, there is zero reason to take a risky player and a big contract in a non-playoff or at least non serious run year.

New Ro's Greatest
09-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I would love to have him here but I suspect that the Bills are going to hold to their draft philosophy.

If the Bills were a player or two away from the playoffs than this move would make a lot more sense.

I think he is that kind of player that could bring us to the playoffs. The Bills should make this move. GO BILLS:whoosh:

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Vincent Jackson opposite of Lee Evans with Spiller in the backfield has playoff potential written all over it. It would be awesome in my opinion if that were to happen. Only problem is that I don't see the Bills making that move. Do you?

VJ is good, not elite and does not deserve elite money! Nelson is proving to be a pretty excellent pick up and Steve Johnson has excellent hand also and is right behind him. Hardy may need 1 more year to test and decide, but for now, he's a good 4th WR and certainly cheap enough to carry.

CAbills
09-02-2010, 06:08 PM
McNeil yes, Jackson no. We aren't going to put like 20 mil in our two receivers.