PDA

View Full Version : Playing time update for tonight's game

madness
09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Playing time update (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/02/playing-time-update/)

By Chris Brown - Posted September 2, 2010 – 10:29 am
Buffalo’s starters will get a respectable amount of time in the team’s preseason finale tonight against the Lions.
Buffalobills.com has learned that they’ll get 12-14 snaps at the least. Head coach Chan Gailey believes anything less would be a waste of time because it would not allow for enough time to get in a rhythm on either side of the ball.
Remember that kickoff has been moved up a half hour to 6:30 pm. If you tune in at 7 pm you’re likely to miss the starters.

more cowbell
09-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Good...more reps the better

madness
09-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I can't contain it anymore... I :heart: Gailey.

:gobills:

k-oneputt
09-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Actually for me this is one game I hope they limit Spiller's touches/reps. We and they know what he can do. Save him for Miami.

madness
09-02-2010, 12:43 PM
QB rotation update (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/02/qb-rotation-update/)

By Chris Brown - Posted September 2, 2010 – 11:25 am
After Trent Edwards’ time on the field is done with the starters in tonight’s preseason game against the Lions, here’s how things are expected to go at the quarterback position.
Brian Brohm will be the next quarterback on the field and he’s expected to get two quarters of action. Brohm barely got any playing time in the last preseason game against Cincinnati last weekend. He got on the field with 4:40 left in the game and attempted just one pass.
Buffalobills.com has learned that Ryan Fitzpatrick will not play in tonight’s preseason finale. Fitzpatrick got the majority of the playing time last week against the Bengals where he went 6-9 for 77 yards and a touchdown along with a 130 passer rating. At this point one has to think that the Bills know what they have in Fitzpatrick, which is why he won’t see any time on the field tonight.
Levi Brown will come on after Brohm has had his time on the field.

Mahdi
09-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Actually for me this is one game I hope they limit Spiller's touches/reps. We and they know what he can do. Save him for Miami.
Yeah... Keep Spiller's carries down to 5 or 6. Give Lynch a good run though. I want to see what he can do with Chan's system.

ddaryl
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
anyone know when the replay is going to be aired

and maybe this time they won't lie to us like last week.

Philagape
09-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Buffalobills.com has learned

This cracks me up.

Stay on the story, Buffalobills.com! Make em talk! A-plus journalism!

jimbledsoe
09-02-2010, 01:06 PM

NFL network with re-air tomorrow at Noon. If you have NFL Network you can watch it then.

Go Bills

ddaryl
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
NFL network with re-air tomorrow at Noon. If you have NFL Network you can watch it then.

Go Bills

cool I'll be able to stream the game to my droid using the NFL Network app...

madness
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
This cracks me up.

Stay on the story, Buffalobills.com! Make em talk! A-plus journalism!
Although Gailey and Nix don't put up a lot of smokescreens, they do keep it close to the vest and don't like to bother with any kind of press. I wouldn't be surprised if CB and staff get most of their info from the players themselves.

madness
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Because it's blacked-out, NFL rules states it must be on tape delay. The good news though is that it's scheduled for 9pm in Detroit which means NFL network will be able to air it according to schedule.

BillsWin
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
bow chika bow woooowwwww.

madness
09-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Bills returners tonight (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/02/bills-returners-tonight/)

By Chris Brown - Posted September 2, 2010 – 1:38 pm
It’s final audition time for some players on Buffalo’s roster in the preseason finale, and often the ones that can show they can help on special teams in addition to offense or defense are the ones that help themselves the most. Here is the list of kick returners and punt returners for tonight’s game agains the Lions.
On kick return Joique Bell, Donald Jones and Chad Simpson will be the primary returners.
On punt return Naaman Roosevelt and Ellis Lankster will be the returners.