• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I think we lose to the Fish in week 1

I must admit that the offense looks further along then I thought they would at this point. But so far, they've only been tested against one 3-4 team, and they failed the test miserably. I'm still not convinced that they can play well against the 3-4.

On the other side of the ball, our LB's have looked downright horrible. They will have to play Miami's strong running game, plus try to get pressure on Henne to help the DB's keep the ball away from Marshall. Henne isn't anything great, but like any NFL QB, he'll pick us apart if we can't pressure him. Combine that with putting 8 in the box to slow down their running game, and we could have a serious problem.

In addition, this is the first real action with a new coach and new systems on both sides of the ball, so there is a good chance that it won't go smoothly.

I'm not saying a Buffalo win is impossible, but there are some major factors working against us and I don't see them pulling this one out.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: I think we lose to the Fish in week 1

I saw the thread title and I am shocked, just shocked, at the author of the thread.

I think the Bills win this game and 2 others.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      But so far, they've only been tested against one 3-4 team, and they failed the test miserably. I'm still not convinced that they can play well against the 3-4.
      This is the key to the game, IMO, and the key to the following 3 games, also, which are against 3-4 defenses.
      Last edited by DMBcrew36; 09-02-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

I think we beat flipper and his crew, then roll on to the AFC East title.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

i think you should drive up here for the game, watch the bills kick ass, and then jump over the falls.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
            I think we beat flipper and his crew, then roll on to the AFC East title.
            And the Super Bowl.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

I predicted a win for the opener.... I'm sticking with that.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Did this really need a separate thread?

Comment

• wmoz11
                  • Sep 2008

I don't think we're necessarily better than Miami, but being that it's week 1 and there is still hope among the players and staff, I think we surprise them and win.

I'm extremely worried about our defense even though Miami's offense doesn't particularly scare me, although their run game should be pretty good. The offense in Miami should be a weak-link, but I'm afraid we won't be able to proprerly expose and dominate them due to their use of short passing which will no doubt test our linebackers in coverage in a new scheme.

The atmosphere and optimism from the players to the coaches (and 35+ run plays on offense) should allow us to squeak out a win, even if conventional wisdom says we should lose.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

We may not win many games this year, but this is one I can definitely see the Bills winning.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

fair assessment...we absolutely struggle against the 3-4

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I must admit that the offense looks further along then I thought they would at this point. But so far, they've only been tested against one 3-4 team, and they failed the test miserably. I'm still not convinced that they can play well against the 3-4.

On the other side of the ball, our LB's have looked downright horrible. They will have to play Miami's strong running game, plus try to get pressure on Henne to help the DB's keep the ball away from Marshall. Henne isn't anything great, but like any NFL QB, he'll pick us apart if we can't pressure him. Combine that with putting 8 in the box to slow down their running game, and we could have a serious problem.

In addition, this is the first real action with a new coach and new systems on both sides of the ball, so there is a good chance that it won't go smoothly.

I'm not saying a Buffalo win is impossible, but there are some major factors working against us and I don't see them pulling this one out.

On the flipside, what have the fins and Henne done to gain your respect? Are you forgetting he didn't pick us apart last year but got picked off a number of times vs. the bills?

I actually think we are the underdogs vs. the fins but I don't get your reasoning. Makes little sense to justify a loss other than they had a better record.

Since this is the first time with a new system, it can also go our way and not just their way since they have no tape on us.
                        Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-02-2010, 12:06 PM.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mindbender
                          • Apr 2010

boo. week one is a win.
                          "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• Static
                            The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                            • Jul 2005

Sporano hasn't won an opening day game yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                              Did this really need a separate thread?
                              just proving a point- look at the responses in this thread compared to the one on Finheaven. A few decent responses. A lot of "No way- we win" with no further comments.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X