PDA

View Full Version : Brohm got hosed.

BillsWin
09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Receivers dropping the balls left and right, scrubs on the o-line blocking like ****.

Brohm's scrambling for the first because he's getting no help from anyone else.

Son of a *****.

T-Long
09-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Chan and co. are going to see that on tape....no worries

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Jesus.

People are acting like this guy is the next Montana or Brady.

Beebe's Kid
09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah... I want Brohm on this team as much as anybody.

Tonight doesn't look good, but if it wasn't his fault, then they will see that. If they don't see any redeeming qualities in him, he's gone and we hang our hats on Trent and Fitzy. I am being sucked back into the Trent vortex...after I vowed I was done...

Oh well, Saturday sure seems like a long ways away!!

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Jesus.

No, but he's better than Fitzpatrick...

BillsWin
09-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Jesus.

No, I'm just wanting to see him get a fair shake.

BTW, how did Edwards play? I missed it.

Beebe's Kid
09-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Jesus.

I was thinking more Kelly or Unitas.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
No, but he's better than Fitzpatrick...
No he is not.

He has more talent. But he is not a better player. And it is not as close as people imagine.

YardRat
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
For Brohm, a dropped ball is as good as a completion, as long as it's a good throw to the right guy.

Going to be a tight call, but I have to think Fitz has the edge.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 07:51 PM
No, I'm just wanting to see him get a fair shake.

BTW, how did Edwards play? I missed it.

Edwards was fine. Threw a nice 50 yard pass to Lee from his own end zone.

As for him getting a fair shake, he has had opportunity. With two teams. He is what he is - a fringe NFL QB. Maybe a 3rd stringer.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 07:54 PM
No he is not.

He has more talent. But he is not a better player. And it is not as close as people imagine.

You're crazy...

Michael82
09-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Receivers dropping the balls left and right, scrubs on the o-line blocking like ****.

Son of a *****.
Agreed. It's amazing how horrible the backups and 3rd stringers played today.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 07:58 PM
You're crazy...
No. I am based in reality and what a guy has done in the NFL in real games.

Fitz is a back-up. Nothing more. Never will be. But he can manage the game. Hell, this team had a winning record with him as a starter last year. Not easy to do. Now I know that W/L is not a tell on QBs, but it is a factor. The guy is smart, knows his limitations and strengths and knows what his teammates can and can't do. And he is smart and experienced enough to be able to ready to play with limited reps.

Brohm? Meh. I guess I must be missing something with him. He looks like Travis Brown, Gale Gilbert, Stan Gelbaugh and other 3rd string guys to me.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 07:58 PM

And yet, we're winning. What does that say about how crappy the Lions still are?

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Jesus.

And you're acting like he is garbage...which he is not.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:00 PM
No. I am based in reality and what a guy has done in the NFL in real games.

Fitz is a back-up. Nothing more. Never will be. But he can manage the game. Hell, this team had a winning record with him as a starter last year. Not easy to do. Now I know that W/L is not a tell on QBs, but it is a factor. The guy is smart, knows his limitations and strengths and knows what his teammates can and can't do. And he is smart and experienced enough to be able to ready to play with limited reps.

Brohm? Meh. I guess I must be missing something with him. He looks like Travis Brown, Gale Gilbert, Stan Gelbaugh and other 3rd string guys to me.

How is that a fair assessment, Lecter? You haven't seen Brohm play w/the 1st stringers much like Fitz has. Yeah, maybe he looks like a 3rd stringer b'cse he's always forced to play w/them...and these 3rd stringers drop the balls he delivers right to their hands.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Hardy gets a nice TD of a nice play/tip from the CB and it's called back on holding. Guy can't catch a break...nice throw by Levi.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
No he is not.

You're crazy if you think Fitz is a good player...just sayin'

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Hardy gets a nice TD of a nice play/tip from the CB and it's called back on holding. Guy can't catch a break...nice throw by Levi.

Whoops, wrong thread. :biggrin:

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 08:10 PM
You're crazy if you think Fitz is a good player...just sayin'

All I have ever said about him is that he is a adequate/solid back-up QB. Which he is and he has shown.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM
And you're acting like he is garbage...which he is not.

Like I have said - he is a 3rd string guy at best. Not sure what he has shown to prove otherwise.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Like I have said - he is a 3rd string guy at best. Not sure what he has shown to prove otherwise.

Poise. Better arm strength than Fitz. Good decision making... And this with 2nd and 3rd stringers. Give him the starters and he'll show he's better than Fitz.

mikemac2001
09-02-2010, 08:14 PM
im rooting for edwards but

i wanted a plan b and fitz is not that nor is brown right now

brohm showed some nice passes but every time he got a chance to play his line sucked there were tons of penalty's and his drives were always halted by drop passes.

he may be a 3rd string QB to some but fitz really didnt do much better and had people playing better around him (plus he also has more experience he should look better)

i just feel brohm should have been given a better shot and not be shafted because of fitz being trent bff and thats what i saw. fitz is a bum

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM

He has not been given as much chance as Fitz. Honestly, your hatred of him makes you look foolish. I've seen nothing from Fitz to want him on this team...absolutely nothing. I've seen more poise, a better arm and better accuracy out of Brohm. That is an honest evaluation...yours is not...you've always hated him.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:21 PM
All I have ever said about him is that he is a adequate/solid back-up QB. Which he is and he has shown.

He is not a solid backup...he brings nothing to the table and has absolutely ZERO upside or ability to make this team better when he is in there.

X-Era
09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Jesus.

No, hes just not the next Holcomb.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
He has not been given as much chance as Fitz. Honestly, your hatred of him makes you look foolish. I've seen nothing from Fitz to want him on this team...absolutely nothing. I've seen more poise, a better arm and better accuracy out of Brohm. That is an honest evaluation...yours is not...you've always hated him.
You are full of **** (as usual).

I do not hate him. Never did. In fact I liked the signing.

But as usual, when somebody disagrees with you, you act like a child and can't have a reasonable discussion over the issue at hand.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
You are full of **** (as usual).

I do not hate him. Never did. In fact I liked the signing.

But as usual, when somebody disagrees with you, you act like a child and can't have a reasonable discussion over the issue at hand.

You are f'n crazy!!! About a week ago you stated that your feelings are just like mine towards the Sabres FO. So, you're flat out a liar!

Oh, and there are plenty on here who will say that you act the same way when somebody doesn't agree with you, so please stop acting like the almighty Dr. Lecter. You look like a fool!

Philagape
09-02-2010, 08:27 PM
He is not a solid backup...he brings nothing to the table and has absolutely ZERO upside or ability to make this team better when he is in there.

It's so very strange to keep seeing people say that Fitz can't do what he in fact did last year.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:29 PM
It's so very strange to keep seeing people say that Fitz can't do what he in fact did last year.

He did what last yr? We were a terrible team last yr. And I'm not laying that on his doorstep, but we were terrible all around!

mikemac2001
09-02-2010, 08:29 PM

fitz helped the team last year but he isnt the future is brohm idk i doubt it but he has more upside has shown some flashes i would like to see him giving the shot. i feel if he had more reps had a chance to play with a better line would have had better stats.

but i hope trent makes this whole decision pointless

mercyrule
09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
The coaches just don't like him.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM
You are f'n crazy!!! About a week ago you stated that your feelings are just like mine towards the Sabres FO. So, you're flat out a liar!

Oh, and there are plenty on here who will say that you act the same way when somebody doesn't agree with you, so please stop acting like the almighty Dr. Lecter. You look like a fool!

Really?

I was debating Brohm vs. Fitz and talking about the qualities of the two players in this thread.

Then you said I always hated the guy, which is not true. I like the signing last year. I thought it was a good idea.

And I am not sure I look like the fool here. But whatever. I am not going to get into a pissing contest. Got better things to do.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Really?

I was debating Brohm vs. Fitz and talking about the qualities of the two players in this thread.

Then you said I always hated the guy, which is not true. I like the signing last year. I thought it was a good idea.

And I am not sure I look like the fool here. But whatever. I am not going to get into a pissing contest. Got better things to do.

Hmmm, I was able to find your post (see below) that totally disputes your previous post. Please, if you want to debate feel free, but don't make s**t up just to make yourself look good or try to make your point.

I am hardly and overwhelmingly negative person on sports teams in this town.

And I certainly think there is a chance Brohm can make it. But that chance is extremely small.

As for getting a chance, think about how bad he must have been for a team like GB (who has solid talent evaluators) to dump a 2nd round pick to keep a 7th round pick.

I have no problem with him getting a chance. But let's be realistic how slim the odds of it working out are.

I guess I look at it this way - You know how you feel about Sabres Management? That is about where I am on Brohm, except even lower. Because he has done way less than Darcy ever has.

mikemac2001
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Really?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/bigben11/paddytanager.jpg

big whoop wanna fight about it

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Please, don't make me get his stats to remind you guys how horrible he was in the mind-numbing victories last year.

Philagape
09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
He did what last yr? We were a terrible team last yr. And I'm not laying that on his doorstep, but we were terrible all around!

He made the team better than it was under Edwards.

Still pretty bad, true, but the issue was between QBs.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Lecter...you closet hater!!!

Philagape
09-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Please, don't make me get his stats to remind you guys how horrible he was in the mind-numbing victories last year.

Still better than it was under Edwards, and that's what you said he couldn't do.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
He made the team better than it was under Edwards.

Still pretty bad, true, but the issue was between QBs.

I blame Jauron for last year woes. I'm not sure that Fitz made the team that much better. He did better in 1 or 2 games, but then reverted and looked bad in others.

In either case, the difference between both QBs is that we've seen the best Fitz can do with starters. Brohm plays about equal to Fitz level and we haven't seen and don't know what his best may be - since we always see him w/backups and 3rd stringers dropping the balls he places in their hands.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, I was able to find your post (see below) that totally disputes your previous post. Please, if you want to debate feel free, but don't make s**t up just to make yourself look good or try to make your point.

And he has done nothing. I liked signing him last year. I really did. But he has shown nothing in the time he has been here. If he goes who really cares?

I think he will still be around if needed.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I blame Jauron for last year woes. I'm not sure that Fitz made the team that much better. He did better in 1 or 2 games, but then reverted and looked bad in others.

In either case, the difference between both QBs is that we've seen the best Fitz can do with starters. Brohm plays about equal to Fitz level and we haven't seen and don't know what his best may be - since we always see him w/backups and 3rd stringers dropping the balls he places in their hands.

What are you talking about? Brohm is garbage and Fitz is the next coming of Steve Young as a backup...didn't you know?

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
And he has done nothing. I liked signing him last year. I really did. But he has shown nothing in the time he has been here. If he goes who really cares?

Fitz should be cut...he has no upside...none at all. That being said, all three will make this roster and Brown will be on the PS.

mikemac2001
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/bigben11/paddytanager.jpg

big whoop wanna fight about it

this whole thread

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Fitz should be cut...he has no upside...none at all. That being said, all three will make this roster and Brown will be on the PS.
If they think they can get enough practice time for 4 guys, you are correct.

mysticsoto
09-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally, I would have said no way, they'll keep Brown as the 3rd and pick between Fitz and Brohm, but Brown looked so green out there today that I think they do put him on the PS. Nobody is going to grab him, he's got a long way too go!

Novacane
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't get why so many have been talking as if Brown making the team is a given. He's a 7th round pick. What has he shown to make some team jump at the chance to claim him on waivers? I think he's the odd man out and gets signed to the PS.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
If they think they can get enough practice time for 4 guys, you are correct.

How do any of us know that Brohm is not the player they would like to keep grooming?

better days
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't get why so many have been talking as if Brown making the team is a given. He's a 7th round pick. What has he shown to make some team jump at the chance to claim him on waivers? I think he's the odd man out and gets signed to the PS.

Rudy Carpenter started the game at QB for the Bucs tonight against the Texans. He will likely get cut, watch this game on NFL Network, Carpenter looks MUCH BETTER than Brown.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 09:16 PM
How do any of us know that Brohm is not the player they would like to keep grooming?
He might be, but Brown is this crew's guy. Brohm is the previous crew's guy.

They might want to do it - but it is more likely Brown.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM

That's not really accurate. Brohm was brought in after Jauron was fired and who is to say that Nix wasn't the person who pushed to get him in here?

YardRat
09-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Ehhhhh...idunno. Nix brought in Brohm. Gailey wasn't around at the time, granted, but...

better days
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
That's not really accurate. Brohm was brought in after Jauron was fired and who is to say that Nix wasn't the person who pushed to get him in here?

Nobody can say unless Buddy says something about it, but I believe Nix was responsible for the Brohm signing. JMO

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Nobody can say unless Buddy says something about it, but I believe Nix was responsible for the Brohm signing. JMO

I agree...especially since it took place the day after Jauron was fired. I dunno...but I just can see them keeping all three of them into the season. Only way this changes is if they find somebody who is cut on Saturday that is an upgrade over Fitz/Brohm.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I agree...especially since it took place the day after Jauron was fired. I dunno...but I just can see them keeping all three of them into the season. Only way this changes is if they find somebody who is cut on Saturday that is an upgrade over Fitz/Brohm.
They were bringing him in anyway. The firing was a coincidence.

But you might be right - maybe it was Nix's idea. But the coaches are different and so is the offense (i.e. no longer a pee wee scheme).

Here is a question though - Would you take Leinart over either of those guys?

I sure as hell would not.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
They were bringing him in anyway. The firing was a coincidence.

But you might be right - maybe it was Nix's idea. But the coaches are different and so is the offense (i.e. no longer a pee wee scheme).

I sure as hell would not.

He's another Edwards type, so it wouldn't make sense. However, maybe another QB gets cut...maybe a Gradkowski type and he is better then Fitz/Brohm and moves better. He'd be a nice fit in Gailey's offense...IMO.

Thurmal
09-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I hope that most of the posters in this thread either went to high school with or are related to Brohm. If not, then...wow.

Ask yourself one question. Trent goes down on the first play next week...how are you feeling if Brohm/Fitz come in to take over.

Me? I remain cautiously optimistic that Fitz can beat Miami (he crushed them last year). Brohm comes in? I come to grips with the fact that we're 0-1.

Novacane
09-02-2010, 09:37 PM

No way! And that's not because I think Brown or Brohm are anything special.

Novacane
09-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Ask yourself one question. Trent goes down on the first play next week...how are you feeling if Brohm/Fitz come in to take over.

I feel sick no matter which one it is. As much as I dogged him Trent is clearly the best QB on our team.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I feel sick no matter which one it is. As much as I dogged him Trent is clearly the best QB on our team.

I've been very impressed with Trent this preseason and I'm very hopeful that he will continue turning the corner.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
From what I've seen this preseason thus far....

Edwards, Fitz, Brohm should be the 1-2-3 with Levi Brown shown the door.

I've never seen a WR head fake fool a QB....until tonight when Brown hit whoever that was on the Lions for a TD.

Brown simply doesn't look like an NFL QB.

What worries are there if he's released and someone picks him up? Zero.

And even if another team did, do you think any of us 5 years from now will rue September 2010 for the month and year we let Levi Brown get away?

Novacane
09-02-2010, 09:55 PM
I've been very impressed with Trent this preseason and I'm very hopeful that he will continue turning the corner.

Ditto. I really thought those saying his problems were mostly coaching were full of crap but maybe just maybe they were right. I'm a long way from being a believer but his play this preseason has has at least given hope.

better days
09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope that most of the posters in this thread either went to high school with or are related to Brohm. If not, then...wow.

Me? I remain cautiously optimistic that Fitz can beat Miami (he crushed them last year). Brohm comes in? I come to grips with the fact that we're 0-1.

Trent is likely injured at some point this season, he is EVERY year. That is exactly why both Fitz & Brohm will stay on the team. Do you really want Brown as the 2nd string to Fitz when Trent goes down?

HHURRICANE
09-02-2010, 10:10 PM

He's playing with **** because he is ****!!

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 10:11 PM

Stupid statement...that's all.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2010, 10:12 PM

I love how Brohm had an entire off-seaon to prove something and he couldn't.

End of story. Pronouced DOA at 9:35 PM.

Novacane
09-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Did Brohm screw your wife or something? Seriously. I don't get your hate for the guy.

Novacane
09-02-2010, 10:16 PM

You love it? A player on "your team" fails (debatable) and you "love it" :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 10:17 PM
You love it? A player on "your team" fails (debatable) and you "love it" :rolleyes:

Don't bother...HH's dislike of Brohm or anybody else besides Edwards has blinded him. It's not worth your time.

JCBills
09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I'll save it for a better day.

BertSquirtgum
09-02-2010, 10:40 PM
after tonights performance. i can see the bills putting brown on the p-squad and keeping brohm on the roster. at least that' what i hope happens. i don't care who the number two is as long at trent doesn't get hurt. he has looked pretty decent so far.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Seriously? The guy has proved nothing. If he makes the 53 man roster than I'll support him him.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2010, 10:42 PM

He had 8 months to get with the starters and couldn't get their. The Packers were right.

better days
09-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Seriously? The guy has proved nothing. If he makes the 53 man roster than I'll support him him.

Well so far the only thing Trent has proven is that he can't stay healthy.

JCBills
09-02-2010, 10:46 PM
He had 8 months to get with the starters and couldn't get their. The Packers were right.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They%27re

patmoran2006
09-02-2010, 10:53 PM
From what I've seen this preseason thus far....

Edwards, Fitz, Brohm should be the 1-2-3 with Levi Brown shown the door.

I've never seen a WR head fake fool a QB....until tonight when Brown hit whoever that was on the Lions for a TD.

Brown simply doesn't look like an NFL QB.

What worries are there if he's released and someone picks him up? Zero.

And even if another team did, do you think any of us 5 years from now will rue September 2010 for the month and year we let Levi Brown get away?

I couldn't agree more.. At the VERY most, down the line Brown could become the #2 guy in town.. There's little doubt that Edwards isnt the long term answer and we'll be franchise QB hunting in next year's drive.. I dont think anyone in buffalo counted on finding the next great Bills QB in round 7. I don't think he'd get claimed. Put him on waivers, and he'll end up on PS.

The way our offensive line looks, the 2 and 3 QBs will see the field this year, trust me.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-03-2010, 07:30 AM

I would like to know how you prove you're a starting quarterback in offseason. Especially with the Chan Gailey mentality of giving the starting LT position to Demetrius Bell even though Meredith has clearly outplayed him and Bell is still injured, just because Bell was placed as starter last year. Brohm never had an entire offseason, or any time at all; Chan had Edwards penciled in as a starter the whole time. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it is what it is. There was no open competition-- Fitzpatrick and Brohm would have started a preseason game if there were.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 07:43 AM
I would like to know how you prove you're a starting quarterback in offseason. Especially with the Chan Gailey mentality of giving the starting LT position to Demetrius Bell even though Meredith has clearly outplayed him and Bell is still injured, just because Bell was placed as starter last year. Brohm never had an entire offseason, or any time at all; Chan had Edwards penciled in as a starter the whole time. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it is what it is. There was no open competition-- Fitzpatrick and Brohm would have started a preseason game if there were.

Last night I was posting after a little Birthday cocktail hour.

So I'll be nicer.

First off, Bell in limited action has looked better than Meredith at LT. We aren't at camp everyday but obvioulsy the coaches see stuff we don't see and that's probably why we are where we are.

The QB competition was open. The reason that Edwards won the rotation in OTA's, per Chan Gailey, was his ability to not only play well with the first string but equally as well with the third string. Edwards, hate him or like him, is the most talented guy at the position.

Was Gailey supposed to put a lesser QB in because this board liked him better?

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 07:44 AM

Read the thread title.

Lone Stranger
09-03-2010, 07:49 AM
I agree with the initial comment. I would have liked to have seen Brohm with the first team. That would have provided a more realistic assessmnet of his abilities.

Ickybaluky
09-03-2010, 08:24 AM
If Brohm got cut, he would still be practice-squad eligible, which means they could still keep him if they want him. Nobody else is going to claim him.

better days
09-03-2010, 08:33 AM
If Brohm got cut, he would still be practice-squad eligible, which means they could still keep him if they want him. Nobody else is going to claim him.

I don't know about that, the back up in Indy looks pretty bad.

zone
09-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Jesus.

Please don't ever put Montana and Brady in the same sentence again.

mikemac2001
09-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Please don't ever put Montana and Brady in the same sentence again.

What has Brady done since they got caught cheating team hasn't been so great anyone see that playoff game last year looked shook

Ickybaluky
09-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I don't know about that, the back up in Indy looks pretty bad.

Teams aren't going to bring in a guy who doesn't know the system to be a backup QB. Curtis Painter may suck, but at least he knows the plays.

better days
09-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Teams aren't going to bring in a guy who doesn't know the system to be a backup QB. Curtis Painter may suck, but at least he knows the plays.

It doesn't do much good knowing the plays if the QB in question can't get the job done.

Indy is a Super Bowl ready team but they are in trouble if Peyton goes down.

I doubt they would pick him up but I also doubt the Bills cut Brohm.

Mahdi
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM

Son of a *****.
Yeah, Brohm really had no chance out there. I liked his release and some of the throws he made but he really got no help. The OL couldn't run block or pass block for him.

Anyone who thinks Brohm played badly has no idea what actually happened in the game and is just reading a stat line.

Philagape
09-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Indy is a Super Bowl ready team but they are in trouble if Peyton goes down.

Are you suggesting Brohm would keep them a SB-ready team??

Dr. Lecter
09-03-2010, 09:59 AM

He might replace Manning as the starter!!!!!!!!!! :D

better days
09-03-2010, 10:30 AM

A lot more than Painter.

Philagape
09-03-2010, 10:45 AM
A lot more than Painter.

It's not a matter of degree; either he will or he won't.
Especially when we're talking about Manning; if he's done, the Colts are done, and no available QB can change that. So the issue is moot.

psubills62
09-03-2010, 10:56 AM
At this point, I'm fine with whatever the coaches do with Brohm. I only saw the first part of Brohm's play last night. At times he looked good, other times he didn't. I thought he was impressive against the Colts, but it's true that not scoring a single TD with the offense is a bit underwhelming.

I think Brohm is and can be better than a lot of people give him credit for, but the fact of life is that you don't get many chances to prove yourself. The coaching regime seems to want to develop Brown, so Brohm may easily find himself without a job come tomorrow.

better days
09-03-2010, 11:00 AM
It's not a matter of degree; either he will or he won't.
Especially when we're talking about Manning; if he's done, the Colts are done, and no available QB can change that. So the issue is moot.

It is a matter of degree. I'm not talking about Manning being done, I'm talking about Manning missing a few games in a tough division. A decent back up QB could be the difference between winning the division & missing the playoffs.

Ickybaluky
09-03-2010, 11:09 AM
A lot more than Painter.

They are basically the same guy.

Philagape
09-03-2010, 11:09 AM
It is a matter of degree. I'm not talking about Manning being done, I'm talking about Manning missing a few games in a tough division. A decent back up QB could be the difference between winning the division & missing the playoffs.

We're not talking about any decent backups.

One must at least score a touchdown in the NFL to be in consideration for "decent."

Johnny Bugmenot
09-03-2010, 11:58 AM
We're not talking about any decent backups.

One must at least score a touchdown in the NFL to be in consideration for "decent."
That's awfully arbitrary. Under that logic, Sam Bradford doesn't qualify.

AndreReed83
09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I understand the feeling that this guy got hosed but I don't understand why so many feel that Brohm is better than Fitz. What has Brohm ever done in this league? Yeah, I know he hasn't had much of a chance but he hasn't earned other looks in what little game action he has had.

Philagape
09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
That's awfully arbitrary. Under that logic, Sam Bradford doesn't qualify.

I was counting preseason too.

Novacane
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Bull ****! Brohm was on the 53 man roster and you still hate him. Plus you are all over Trents balls and he has proved nothing either. You are on a freaking crusade for Trent and against Brohm. It's absurd. For the Bills sake I hope you turn out to be right about Trent or wrong about Brohm. One or the other I'll be happy. It should be about the team not a certain player.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Bull ****! Brohm was on the 53 man roster and you still hate him. Plus you are all over Trents balls and he has proved nothing either. You are on a freaking crusade for Trent and against Brohm. It's absurd. For the Bills sake I hope you turn out to be right about Trent or wrong about Brohm. One or the other I'll be happy. It should be about the team not a certain player.

Take a chill pill. Brohm hasn't pissed me of, it's the posters that blindly supported Brohm that knew very little about his game, etc.

I think he's earned the #3 spot. Brown has been horrible. But in fairness maybe the Bills will take Brown because Brohm just hasn't blossomed into anything too great.

I said Edwards was going to win the starting job and Brohm would most likely get cut. That was 8 months ago and I haven't changed because it was based on logic.