PDA

View Full Version : The 53-man roster of the 2010 Buffalo Bills

YardRat
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM
QB - Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm (3-3)

Going against conventional wisdom right off the bat. Brown to the PS.

RB - Jackson, Lynch, Spiller, Simpson. (4-7)

Sorry DB...

FB - McIntyre. (1-8)

TE - Stupar, Schouman, Foschi. Nelson is exempt until his suspension is over. (3-11)

Foschi goes as soon as Schouman is healthy, or Nelson returns.

WR - Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Jackson, Hardy (6-17)

Hardy might have run out of time, but he gets one more chance. I wish Easley hadn't gotten hurt. For the life of me, I don't know how Johnson holds onto the #2 spot.

OL - Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green, Howard, Wang, Meredith, Chambers. (9-26)

Ugh. Please call San Diego and at least ask about McNeil. Chambers is a board whipping-boy, but his 'versatility' may keep him here one more season.

DL - Williams, Troup, Stroud, Edwards, Carrington, McCargo. (6-32)

LB - Kelsay, the POS, Davis, Ellis, Torbor, Maybin, Mitchell, Ellison (8-40)

CB - McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner (5-45)

S - Whitner, Byrd, Wilson, Scott (4-49)

ST - Lindell, Moorman, Sanborn (3-52).

#53 will either be Sean Allen, Spencer Johnson, Ellis Lankster or Arthur Moats.

Scumbag College
09-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Chambers can't stay after tonight. I refuse to stand for that. If there are extensive injuries on the OL, then they call Chambers in. No one is picking him up if cut.

Spencer Johnson stays just because he's had 3-4 DE experience, they'll keep 7 DLs.

Steve Johnson might be the "#2 WR" but I have a feeling Jackson and Nelson are really going to push for that spot early this autumn.

Bell stays over Simpson. I think there's a reason Bell barely played tonight, Simpson didn't show enough.

PS will be QB Brown, Roosevelt, Moats, others.

Agreed on all others.

psubills62
09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
They may have given up on Calloway much earlier than expected, but I seriously doubt Moats is getting cut.

YardRat
09-02-2010, 09:44 PM
IMO they didn't play Bell so they could stash him on PS. Simpson is a bigger contributor on ST's. Wouldn't break my heart a bit though, if I was wrong.

They might go with 8 o-linemen and keep both Johnson and Moats, but that may depend on a healthy Wang. I can't see them going into a game with only 7 OL (if they cut Chambers and Wang isn't ready to dress), especially considering one is going to have to be in for jumbo sets.

Nighthawk
09-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Pretty good, but Ellison is not making this team over Moats...

Mr. Pink
09-02-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't see McCargo making the team over Spencer Johnson.

And I would be shocked and appalled if James Hardy is still in the NFL come week 1 let alone on this team.

YardRat
09-02-2010, 10:01 PM
WR came down to keeping 5, or choosing from Hardy, Roosevelt, and Jones. I don't see either one of them beating out Hardy, although Jones could if he's going to contribute on ST's.

bigbub2352
09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
i agree 100%

Nelson or Jackson will contend for the 2 spot by week 6

I think the extra spot will go to Spencer Johnson he is depth

I think Sean Allen makes the team

I think McCago makes the team 2

Gotta have DLineman depth to run a 3-4

I think Hardy gets cut

Moats will make it over Ellison thou in my opinion

Donald Jones
Naaman Roosevelt
Nick Hennessey
Levi Brown
Jaoque Bell
Antonio Coleman
Dominique Harris has a shot
I think all land on the PS

Great Job!

patmoran2006
09-02-2010, 10:18 PM
QB - Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm (3-3)
Possible.. Brown looks VERY RAW

Going against conventional wisdom right off the bat. Brown to the PS.

RB - Jackson, Lynch, Spiller, Simpson. (4-7)
Agreed

Sorry DB...

FB - McIntyre. (1-8)
Agreed

TE - Stupar, Schouman, Foschi. Nelson is exempt until his suspension is over. (3-11)
Agreed

Foschi goes as soon as Schouman is healthy, or Nelson returns.

WR - Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Jackson, Hardy (6-17)

Hardy might have run out of time, but he gets one more chance. I wish Easley hadn't gotten hurt. For the life of me, I don't know how Johnson holds onto the #2 spot.
I dont see how Hardy makes this squad.. He needed to be out Nelson or Jackson, and didn't do neither.. No way they keep a sixth WR on the roster who can't even play special teams.. If they keep six, it has to be Jones or Roosevelt. BTW, I feel you on Easley, its absurd they put him on IR, btw
OL - Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green, Howard, Wang, Meredith, Chambers. (9-26)
I don't see Wang being on the opening day roster.. He didnt even play a down in preseason.. He'll get IR'd, or put on PUP.. If they keep nine, I would give the edge to Allen because he can play center, though Hennessey has been better.. Chambers may be a surprse cut. NO matter what, I expect them to look at waiver wire big time for another OL
Ugh. Please call San Diego and at least ask about McNeil. Chambers is a board whipping-boy, but his 'versatility' may keep him here one more season.

DL - Williams, Troup, Stroud, Edwards, Carrington, McCargo. (6-32)
No way McCargo is in and Johnson is out.. Johnson made this team.

LB - Kelsay, the POS, Davis, Ellis, Torbor, Maybin, Mitchell, Ellison (8.-40)
Have to agree. I was rooting for Moats and thought he had the edge over Ellison, but not after tonight.. You never know though

CB - McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner (5-45)
Agreed.

S - Whitner, Byrd, Wilson, Scott (4-49)
The Bills will keep 10 DBs.. so if they keep 5 corners, they'll keep 5 safeties.. I think Cary Harris makes the team as well as four you listed.. D. Harris would be an outside possibility, but I like Cary better at this point.

ST - Lindell, Moorman, Sanborn (3-52).
Agreed

#53 will either be Sean Allen, Spencer Johnson, Ellis Lankster or Arthur Moats.
DIdn't realize you had only 52 until now. I think that 53rd is a DB, and I go with Cary Harris.

Just my opinions, which are no more credible or better than yours.. We'll have to see. Should be fun.

ServoBillieves
09-02-2010, 11:43 PM
After tonight I don't see Moats making it. The raging question marks are... Hardy, Moats, Nelson, Howard, McCargo, Youboty (IMO) and I also agree with Harris.

What I'm wondering though, is if Bell/Simpson makes 4 running backs and 5 WR's or if Hardy/Roosevelt/Jones makes it 6 WR with 3 RB's.

YardRat
09-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Just my opinions, which are no more credible or better than yours.. We'll have to see. Should be fun.

Wang was a tough call...they're definitely not going to cut him IMO, but it's possible they shelve him for a season on IR or try to sneak him on the PS.

Buddo
09-03-2010, 06:39 AM
After tonight I don't see Moats making it. The raging question marks are... Hardy, Moats, Nelson, Howard, McCargo, Youboty (IMO) and I also agree with Harris.

What I'm wondering though, is if Bell/Simpson makes 4 running backs and 5 WR's or if Hardy/Roosevelt/Jones makes it 6 WR with 3 RB's.

Tricky call that. One thing to perhaps bear in mind is Nix's thinking generally. i.e. you shouldn't be afraid to stack talent at a position.
I believe they will go with 4 RBs.
As to WRs, tough to say. Jones didn't help himself with drops, and his STs abilities seem somewhat marginal - especially when you get the likes of George Wilson back to playing them.
I thought Hardy showed more in last nights game, than we have seen in a long time, and he may just sneak on, in this instance, his injuries may be a help.

Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Jackson, Nelson and Hardy. I would be stunned to see them not keep Nelson and Jackson. Roosevelt and maybe Jones to the PS.

Spencer Johnson isn't going anywhere folks.

Depth on the O-Line is scary, again. There's Meredith, and then there's Meredith. Wang will probably make it, assuming his injury is healing ok. As someone else said, Chambers 'versatility' will likely keep him around, unless the waiver wire bears fruit, and I think it really needs to.

This may sound a bit 'odd', but I wouldn't be too surprised initially, if the roster looks unbalanced. I think we could well see 3 guys brought in off the waiver wire, and we may keep 'surplus' at a position, until we can do so. I can see McCargo being kept in this scenario (and Chambers and other O-Line).
We definitely need O-Line depth, interior and Tackle.

Secondary should be fairly easy, with the only spot causing much discussion being the 5th corner. Youboty makes the team. Should they decide to keep 6, then Lankster will have a chance, but so will one of the other guys.

In respect of the LBs, I do think Ellison sticks, as he is far better in coverage than most of the others, but it's a tough call. Moats started to look like he was getting there last night, in that he seemed to understand better what he was supposed to be doing. Instead of being invisible, he actually was getting in the right areas to make plays. I don't think he gets cut, as I think he's still a W.I.P. who is showing signs of progress. I think he's still a half-step behind in reads etc, but I think time will sort that out.

stuckincincy
09-03-2010, 09:09 AM

My guess is that if they are confident about Jackson's hand healing up on schedule, that Spiller can carry his share of the load, and if Lynch has no ill effects after his return last night - is that they'll go with 3 RBs and use the roster spot elsewhere.

Bell or Simpson hits the PS. IIRC the rules are that if you activate a PS player, he's on the roster until cut or he's injured and you tuck him on IR (maybe PUP? - dunno).

If Jackson can't go - there's no lack of idle NFL backs to pick up for a game or two, and then axed when Jackson's hand heals up.

With all the questions swirling around the OL and the LBs, that's how I would play it.

Night Train
09-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Not bad at all.

I'd rather grab someone out of the parking lot an hour before gametime and dress him over Chambers. He can't block the sun and will get a QB killed.

I'd keep Coleman at LB.

While Neslon sits, cut all the TE's and replace them with other teams tough cuts. Ours are horrid, including Stupar.