• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

David Nelson Should Start Over Steve Johnson

If it's about putting your 3 best out there, It's Evans, Parrish in the slot and Nelson wide. They wanted Hardy out there with his size and Nelson has that with actual ability. He's playing far better than Steve Johnson, who really hasn't done anything to show he's anything more than a backup.

I'll be interested to see how Gailey uses him in the opener.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Lone Stranger
    • Sep 2002

Re: David Nelson Should Start Over Steve Johnson

I believe you've got something here. Johnson has been a big disappointment.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

Steve Johnson is GARBAGE. I've been saying it for months, yet most people don't want to hear it.

HE. SUCKS.

It should always be about putting your best guys out there....so right now based on production that would be Evans, Parrish, NELSON, Jackson.
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

No doubt. Should be Evans, Parrish in slot, and Nelson.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Well, by what many consider "logic," Johnson would be better because he was drafted, and Nelson was not. Of course the fact that Johnson was a 7th rd pick means he'll never be good.

In reality, Nelson has looked like the better receiver, and so has Jackson, in my opinion.

I do not claim to be an NFL caliber evaluator of talent, but that is just how I see it. I have seen things from Johnson that make me believe he may be a very good receiver.

All of us have our takes from the games, where Johnson saw very little action. Many of us also root for the underdog. I will trust Chan to make the right decision. I have seen a very little sample size, but I believe this guy knows the game.

I like the idea of having a 6'5" WR, that wants to play, opposite of Evans. I believe we may have patched together a decent little corps of WR's here. Hopefully we see a plan come together, because I love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
            Well, by what many consider "logic," Johnson would be better because he was drafted, and Nelson was not. Of course the fact that Johnson was a 7th rd pick means he'll never be good.
            Actually, logic would tell you that if a team has to pick between a 7th round draft pick and a UDFA as their starting WR, chances are that team's FO made some bad decisions, and chances are that team's WR's will not be very good. Is it possible for 7th rounders and UDFA's to be good? Yes. Is it likely? Hell ****ing no.

Our WR's will struggle this year with either choice.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

steve johnson is the most beloved buffalo bill despite him never doing a single thing on the field.

i don't understand it.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Nelson is a fluid, athletic receiver who runs good routes and catches everything thrown his way. Johnson has never shown a similar skill set.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Everybody, you do know that it's OK to praise one player without blasting another? Nelson has looked good. However, I don't think Johnson has necessarily looked bad. It's not like he's dropped a bunch of passes. He simply hasn't gotten a lot of opportunities. It could be that he's not getting open. Or, it could be that others have been more open. Bottom line, the first team offense has moved the ball well the past three weeks. In my opinion, that's what is important. Please note, that I do agree that Johnson has become a fan favorite for somebody that hasn't done much.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                    steve johnson is the most beloved buffalo bill despite him never doing a single thing on the field.

i don't understand it.
                    It's a close race with Brohm.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mayotm
                      Everybody, you do know that it's OK to praise one player without blasting another? Nelson has looked good. However, I don't think Johnson has necessarily looked bad. It's not like he's dropped a bunch of passes. He simply hasn't gotten a lot of opportunities. It could be that he's not getting open. Or, it could be that others have been more open. Bottom line, the first team offense has moved the ball well the past three weeks. In my opinion, that's what is important. Please note, that I do agree that Johnson has become a fan favorite for somebody that hasn't done much.
                      Thank you for using your brain, unlike a lot of people here.

How has Johnson sucked exactly? No, he hasn't shown much this preseason, but then again, how much have they thrown to him? The coaching staff had him at the #2 spot all training camp. Are they idiots too? Maybe they like how he blocks in the run game.

In the end, he may be our starting wideout, but I don't expect him to be the 2nd leading receiver on this team, maybe the 4th.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
                        If it's about putting your 3 best out there, It's Evans, Parrish in the slot and Nelson wide. They wanted Hardy out there with his size and Nelson has that with actual ability. He's playing far better than Steve Johnson, who really hasn't done anything to show he's anything more than a backup.

I'll be interested to see how Gailey uses him in the opener.

Imho, the guys who would be the top 3, should be Evans, Jackson in the slot, and Nelson. I do think Parrish has done a good job however, but I like Jackson's physicality more, especially when we are going to be running a lot as well - just adds to the battering.

For those obsessed with the 'talent as defined by draft position', we could go with Evans, Parrish, Jackson, giving us a 1st round pick, and 2 second round picks as our starters.
                        Hardy is in serious trouble if we only keep 5 WRs, as I see Evans, Parrish, Johnson, Jackson and Nelson, as all being comfortably ahead of him atm. Keep 6 and he has a shot.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                          Steve Johnson is GARBAGE. I've been saying it for months, yet most people don't want to hear it.

HE. SUCKS.

It should always be about putting your best guys out there....so right now based on production that would be Evans, Parrish, NELSON, Jackson.
                          Well he isn't garbage, and he doesnt suck.
                          But I agree NELSON should be a starter this year.
                          He has improved his game 100% since leaving FLorida.....
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• more cowbell
                            • Apr 2006

Steve Johnson is a below average NFL WR and will not be re-signed next year. Start Nelson.
                            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Buddo
                              Imho, the guys who would be the top 3, should be Evans, Jackson in the slot, and Nelson. I do think Parrish has done a good job however, but I like Jackson's physicality more, especially when we are going to be running a lot as well - just adds to the battering.

For those obsessed with the 'talent as defined by draft position', we could go with Evans, Parrish, Jackson, giving us a 1st round pick, and 2 second round picks as our starters.
                              Hardy is in serious trouble if we only keep 5 WRs, as I see Evans, Parrish, Johnson, Jackson and Nelson, as all being comfortably ahead of him atm. Keep 6 and he has a shot.
                              I like Jackson a lot. It is nice to have a few receivers that might do something on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X