Seriously? You are still whining about Brohm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Seriously? You are still whining about Brohm?

Edwards: 68% completion, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 9.0 yard average, 103 QB rating

Fitzpatrick: 66% completion, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 6.0 yard average, 110 QB rating

Brohm: 56% completion, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 5.5 yard average, 61 QB rating

If Brohm makes the team it's only because Brown sucked more or Fitzpatrick gets traded.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Seriously? You are still whining about Brohm?

People still think Losman didn't get a fair shake.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
      People still think Losman didn't get a fair shake.
      Thank you, someone finally makes this comparison.

The man crush so many have on this guy is just fascinating. Stats don't lie.

And the "excuse" that he's playing with 3rd teamers therefore he looks bad holds NO water with me. If he was as special as everyone claims he is....he'd be able to pick apart a young, inexperienced secondary, fire the ball into spots he knows his WR's will be, not seem like a deer in headlights when a "vanilla" blitz comes his way from a bunch of scrubs who will be jobless by saturday....he would rip **** up if he were any good.
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• dasaybz
        • Apr 2005

Why can't they keep Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm and put Brown on the practice squad?

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dasaybz
          Why can't they keep Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm and put Brown on the practice squad?
          This is what I think they'll do. But that doesnt mean for a second that Brohm will ever be the answer.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

the risk of losing brown in waivers to a team like seattle or arizona. they are desperate and might want him, just like we were desperate and took brohm.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
              the risk of losing brown in waivers to a team like seattle or arizona. they are desperate and might want him, just like we were desperate and took brohm.
              Who cares. Brown isn't anything special anyway.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                Brohm is PS-eligible as well. He wouldn't be claimed. I don't think either guy would be claimed.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                  Thank you, someone finally makes this comparison.

The man crush so many have on this guy is just fascinating. Stats don't lie.

And the "excuse" that he's playing with 3rd teamers therefore he looks bad holds NO water with me. If he was as special as everyone claims he is....he'd be able to pick apart a young, inexperienced secondary, fire the ball into spots he knows his WR's will be, not seem like a deer in headlights when a "vanilla" blitz comes his way from a bunch of scrubs who will be jobless by saturday....he would rip **** up if he were any good.
                  Stats don't lie? The hell they don't. Anyone with a brain can tell you stats can be manipulated to support both sides of an argument.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Edwards: 68% completion, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 9.0 yard average, 103 QB rating

Fitzpatrick: 66% completion, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 6.0 yard average, 110 QB rating

Brohm: 56% completion, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 5.5 yard average, 61 QB rating

If Brohm makes the team it's only because Brown sucked more or Fitzpatrick gets traded.
                    I doubt Trent or Fitz would have had any better stats playing with the scrubs as Brohm did.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by better days
                      I doubt Trent or Fitz would have had any better stats playing with the scrubs as Brohm did.
                      This argument is ******ed. If he had shown anything in camp he would've spent some time with the #1's. But since our trained coaching staff (you know those guys who get paid to do this for a living) didnt see enough there to give him reps, that says all I need to know.

This blind love fest for a guy who has never shown anything in the NFl is sooo stupid. The JP Losman thing I can get he was a first round pick so there was some intrigue but we picked Brohm up off a practice squad!
                      It was all

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by better days
                        Stats don't lie? The hell they don't. Anyone with a brain can tell you stats can be manipulated to support both sides of an argument.
                        This is a player that has been around the block. This is his 3rd season and he has already been cut once.

Here are his combined preseason stats in 3 years:

76-for-131 (58%), 640 Yds (4.9 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 3 Int, 61.2 QB Rating

He has played in 1 regular season game, and here is his stats:

17-for-29 (59%), 146 Yds (5.0 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 2 Int, 43.2 QB Rating

That is a significant statistical sample that shows poor play, over 3 years. On top of that, the fact the Packers cut him only a year after taking him in the 2nd round would seem to be evidence that he isn't any good. Think about it, how long has Hardy been on scholarship?

Let's examine the evidence that he may have promise... there isn't any. He has shown zero that would make you think he will be any good as an NFL QB.

What is it about this guy that people love so much? I don't get it. Wishing he will be good isn't going to change anything.

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

All I see is a lot of stats being thrown around. I could be a scout pretty easily if it only required to read numbers.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by King Bedard
                            This argument is ******ed. If he had shown anything in camp he would've spent some time with the #1's. But since our trained coaching staff (you know those guys who get paid to do this for a living) didnt see enough there to give him reps, that says all I need to know.

This blind love fest for a guy who has never shown anything in the NFl is sooo stupid. The JP Losman thing I can get he was a first round pick so there was some intrigue but we picked Brohm up off a practice squad!
                            Yours is the ******ed argument. Trent went into OTA's as the #1. He has played pretty well & deserved to stay there. Fitz replaced Trent last year & was #2. Again, he did nothing to lose his place in the order.

The fact is if either of those 2 had to play with the scrubs, their stats would have suffered likewise.
                            Last edited by better days; 09-03-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                              All I see is a lot of stats being thrown around. I could be a scout pretty easily if it only required to read numbers.
                              You think he has passed the eyeball test as well? I mean, the Packers cut the guy, and it wasn't because of crappy numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X