PDA

View Full Version : Seriously? You are still whining about Brohm?

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Edwards: 68% completion, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 9.0 yard average, 103 QB rating

Fitzpatrick: 66% completion, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 6.0 yard average, 110 QB rating

Brohm: 56% completion, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 5.5 yard average, 61 QB rating

If Brohm makes the team it's only because Brown sucked more or Fitzpatrick gets traded.

The King
09-03-2010, 08:00 AM
People still think Losman didn't get a fair shake.

Italian Stallion
09-03-2010, 08:07 AM
People still think Losman didn't get a fair shake.

Thank you, someone finally makes this comparison.

The man crush so many have on this guy is just fascinating. Stats don't lie.

And the "excuse" that he's playing with 3rd teamers therefore he looks bad holds NO water with me. If he was as special as everyone claims he is....he'd be able to pick apart a young, inexperienced secondary, fire the ball into spots he knows his WR's will be, not seem like a deer in headlights when a "vanilla" blitz comes his way from a bunch of scrubs who will be jobless by saturday....he would rip **** up if he were any good.

dasaybz
09-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Why can't they keep Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm and put Brown on the practice squad?

The King
09-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Why can't they keep Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm and put Brown on the practice squad?

This is what I think they'll do. But that doesnt mean for a second that Brohm will ever be the answer.

trapezeus
09-03-2010, 08:26 AM
the risk of losing brown in waivers to a team like seattle or arizona. they are desperate and might want him, just like we were desperate and took brohm.

hydro
09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
the risk of losing brown in waivers to a team like seattle or arizona. they are desperate and might want him, just like we were desperate and took brohm.

Who cares. Brown isn't anything special anyway.

Ickybaluky
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM

Brohm is PS-eligible as well. He wouldn't be claimed. I don't think either guy would be claimed.

better days
09-03-2010, 08:30 AM

And the "excuse" that he's playing with 3rd teamers therefore he looks bad holds NO water with me. If he was as special as everyone claims he is....he'd be able to pick apart a young, inexperienced secondary, fire the ball into spots he knows his WR's will be, not seem like a deer in headlights when a "vanilla" blitz comes his way from a bunch of scrubs who will be jobless by saturday....he would rip **** up if he were any good.

Stats don't lie? The hell they don't. Anyone with a brain can tell you stats can be manipulated to support both sides of an argument.

better days
09-03-2010, 08:32 AM

If Brohm makes the team it's only because Brown sucked more or Fitzpatrick gets traded.

I doubt Trent or Fitz would have had any better stats playing with the scrubs as Brohm did.

The King
09-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I doubt Trent or Fitz would have had any better stats playing with the scrubs as Brohm did.

This argument is ******ed. If he had shown anything in camp he would've spent some time with the #1's. But since our trained coaching staff (you know those guys who get paid to do this for a living) didnt see enough there to give him reps, that says all I need to know.

This blind love fest for a guy who has never shown anything in the NFl is sooo stupid. The JP Losman thing I can get he was a first round pick so there was some intrigue but we picked Brohm up off a practice squad!

Ickybaluky
09-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Stats don't lie? The hell they don't. Anyone with a brain can tell you stats can be manipulated to support both sides of an argument.

This is a player that has been around the block. This is his 3rd season and he has already been cut once.

Here are his combined preseason stats in 3 years:

76-for-131 (58%), 640 Yds (4.9 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 3 Int, 61.2 QB Rating

He has played in 1 regular season game, and here is his stats:

17-for-29 (59%), 146 Yds (5.0 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 2 Int, 43.2 QB Rating

That is a significant statistical sample that shows poor play, over 3 years. On top of that, the fact the Packers cut him only a year after taking him in the 2nd round would seem to be evidence that he isn't any good. Think about it, how long has Hardy been on scholarship?

Let's examine the evidence that he may have promise... there isn't any. He has shown zero that would make you think he will be any good as an NFL QB.

What is it about this guy that people love so much? I don't get it. Wishing he will be good isn't going to change anything.

hydro
09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
All I see is a lot of stats being thrown around. I could be a scout pretty easily if it only required to read numbers.

better days
09-03-2010, 08:45 AM
This argument is ******ed. If he had shown anything in camp he would've spent some time with the #1's. But since our trained coaching staff (you know those guys who get paid to do this for a living) didnt see enough there to give him reps, that says all I need to know.

This blind love fest for a guy who has never shown anything in the NFl is sooo stupid. The JP Losman thing I can get he was a first round pick so there was some intrigue but we picked Brohm up off a practice squad!

Yours is the ******ed argument. Trent went into OTA's as the #1. He has played pretty well & deserved to stay there. Fitz replaced Trent last year & was #2. Again, he did nothing to lose his place in the order.

The fact is if either of those 2 had to play with the scrubs, their stats would have suffered likewise.

Ickybaluky
09-03-2010, 08:47 AM
All I see is a lot of stats being thrown around. I could be a scout pretty easily if it only required to read numbers.

You think he has passed the eyeball test as well? I mean, the Packers cut the guy, and it wasn't because of crappy numbers.

better days
09-03-2010, 08:54 AM
You think he has passed the eyeball test as well? I mean, the Packers cut the guy, and it wasn't because of crappy numbers.

He was not a fit for the Packers system. He has looked pretty good in the Bills system which is much closer to the system he played at Louisville & was successful in.

The King
09-03-2010, 09:11 AM
The fact is if either of those 2 had to play with the scrubs, their stats would have suffered likewise.
The fact is the coaching staff didnt think they needed to. Because they both looked better than Brohm.

The good news is you'll be able to see Brohm in the UFl for $6 a game@!

hydro
09-03-2010, 09:13 AM

I don't know why they drafted the guy in the first place. Aaron Rodgers was already showing that it was a good idea to drop Farve and give the kid a chance. Grabbing him and Flynn seemed stupid to me. So going solely on the fact that he was cut and put on a PS for a team isn't something I hold against him.

I do believe he has show us something in the preseason. Anyone that brings up stats of last night's game (not saying you did) is just being ignorant. Anyone can see he was running for his life out there and did pretty well with mediocre at best blocking. He stepped up in the pocket and had nice zip on the ball. The pass he completed to Chad Jackson was pretty impressive.

Now in comparison to Fitzpatrick, I see it this way. If I had a team that was going to push for the playoffs he would be the ideal back-up for the fact that he won't hurt your team if we are subject to starting a #2. But as anyone can see, we aren't in playoff contention. So why keep a career backup who we know is at his peek? Seems stupid to me especially when he is going to be making more than Brohm. I would much rather have someone that hasn't been given the chance to fully prove himself be our #2 and if he doesn't pan out then fine. We will most likely be going into the off-season looking for our franchise QB.

hydro
09-03-2010, 09:15 AM

Not to mention you are leaving out a little factoid. He didn't get thrown to the wolves. He was cut and PUT on the practice squad. Why put a guy that has nothing to give on the PS?

Philagape
09-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm not one to rely on stats, but to me conversation ends with the fact that the Bills have yet to score a touchdown with Brohm on the field. Ever.
I acknowledge he's had some bad breaks.

But just one touchdown? Please?

I didn't even realize until NE39 posted it that -- after three years in the league, in 131 attempts -- he's still never thrown an NFL touchdown.
I wouldn't mind keeping him on the team, but he's clearly not done anything to overtake Fitz as No. 2. You don't switch the order based on "upside," because that's just in people's minds. It's an opinion. At some point he has to actually do something to get rewarded. He came to Buffalo as a third-stringer, and he's done nothing to earn a promotion. It's the coach's duty to go with the guy who has the best chance of winning now. That's not a guy who hasn't scored a TD yet.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 09:16 AM
even though i think trent is better. can you honestly say this guy had a fair shake with the o-line that was put in front of him? these kinds of threads are ******ed

Mahdi
09-03-2010, 09:17 AM
This is a player that has been around the block. This is his 3rd season and he has already been cut once.

That is a significant statistical sample that shows poor play, over 3 years. On top of that, the fact the Packers cut him only a year after taking him in the 2nd round would seem to be evidence that he isn't any good. Think about it, how long has Hardy been on scholarship?

Let's examine the evidence that he may have promise... there isn't any. He has shown zero that would make you think he will be any good as an NFL QB.

What is it about this guy that people love so much? I don't get it. Wishing he will be good isn't going to change anything.
That is a significant statistical example? Really?

I think how badly the team played around him yesterday is a perfect example of why stats can't be used to evaluate what Brohm did.

Nothing went his way yesterday. But what I can do is watch his throws and evaluate them. He threw the ball well yesterday. He throws with a nice motion and a strong release and is very accurate.

Foschi alone brought down his QB rating by 40 points.

Philagape
09-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Now in comparison to Fitzpatrick, I see it this way. If I had a team that was going to push for the playoffs he would be the ideal back-up for the fact that he won't hurt your team if we are subject to starting a #2. But as anyone can see, we aren't in playoff contention. So why keep a career backup who we know is at his peek? Seems stupid to me especially when he is going to be making more than Brohm. I would much rather have someone that hasn't been given the chance to fully prove himself be our #2 and if he doesn't pan out then fine. We will most likely be going into the off-season looking for our franchise QB.

A coach should never think that way before a single real game is played.

I know we fans hate the saying "all teams are 0-0 now," but that's how a coach must think. A coach who doesn't is a loser.

And since there is no cap, salary is irrelevant.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 09:18 AM

this post is ******ed. boston red sox suck as well.

hydro
09-03-2010, 09:20 AM
A coach should never think that way before a single real game is played.

I know we fans hate the saying "all teams are 0-0 now," but that's how a coach must think. A coach who doesn't is a loser.

And since there is no cap, salary is irrelevant.

They shouldn't think that way but I bet some have.

And since when has the Bills spent extra money when they didn't have to? Hell we haven't spent up to the cap in ages.

The King
09-03-2010, 09:29 AM
this post is ******ed. boston red sox suck as well.

Tremendous post! I love the argument you supplied!

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Tremendous post! I love the argument you supplied!

no point to be arguementative. as long as you know that post is about as ******ed as it can get.

Ickybaluky
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Not to mention you are leaving out a little factoid. He didn't get thrown to the wolves. He was cut and PUT on the practice squad. Why put a guy that has nothing to give on the PS?

Yeah, after he cleared waivers. That means, every team in the NFL declined to sign him, so they added him to their PS.

I don't see why anyone would add him this time around, given they passed on him when he was cut before. Just add him to the Buffalo PS, then.

The King
09-03-2010, 09:40 AM
no point to be arguementative. as long as you know that post is about as ******ed as it can get.

Ths hurts my feelings a lot of time went into that post.

hydro
09-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah, after he cleared waivers. That means, every team in the NFL declined to sign him, so they added him to their PS.

I don't see why anyone would add him this time around, given they passed on him when he was cut before. Just add him to the Buffalo PS, then.

I would be fine with that.

jmb1099
09-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I said it in one of the other ridiculous threads and it applies here as well. If you're viewing last night as the final statement in your argument than you guys are nuts. Brohm looked good last night.

mayotm
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I said it in one of the other ridiculous threads and it applies here as well. If you're viewing last night as the final statement in your argument than you guys are nuts. Brohm looked good last night.I agree that he played better than the stats show. However, "Brohm looked good last night" may be a bit strong.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Sadly, our best poster is a New England fan. Even after pretty much slamming the lid down people are still arguing about this post.

Just insane.

Brohm's #'s last night are almost identical to his career numbers.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 10:36 AM
even though i think trent is better. can you honestly say this guy had a fair shake with the o-line that was put in front of him? these kinds of threads are ******ed

His stats were for the entire pre-season. So how is the thread ******ed.

Ohh, and the bad o-line play only counts when Brohm is under center? Edwards play last year isn't discounted but Brohms' is. Funny.

Mahdi
09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
His stats were for the entire pre-season. So how is the thread ******ed.

Ohh, and the bad o-line play only counts when Brohm is under center? Edwards play last year isn't discounted but Brohms' is. Funny.
The difference is that when Brohm has time he makes good reads and good throws. Trent did the same thing last year pressured or not.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 10:45 AM
The difference is that when Brohm has time he makes good reads and good throws. Trent did the same thing last year pressured or not.

And when Trent has time he makes better reads and better throws than Brohm.

That's why he is going to be the starter and that's why Brohm will be lucky to make the team.

That's why Spiller is better than Bell, Evans better than Hardy, Wood better than Meredith, etc. etc. etc

psubills62
09-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Seriously? You are still whining about the whining about Brohm?

Mahdi
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
And when Trent has time he makes better reads and better throws than Brohm.

That's why he is going to be the starter and that's why Brohm will be lucky to make the team.

That's why Spiller is better than Bell, Evans better than Hardy, Wood better than Meredith, etc. etc. etc
Trent hasn't proven that yet. Trent was horrendous last year with or without adequate protection.

Brohm hasn't proven anything yet either but from what I am seeing from his skill set, I think he can be better than Trent.

Trent is the starter because he is the safer bet, not necessarily the better player.

EDS
09-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Trent hasn't proven that yet. Trent was horrendous last year with or without adequate protection.

Brohm hasn't proven anything yet either but from what I am seeing from his skill set, I think he can be better than Trent.

Trent is the starter because he is the safer bet, not necessarily the better player.

Do you really believe what you just wrote?

Brohm has not been able to beat out Edwards, who has underwhelmed most of his career. Now, he is having trouble unseating Fitz from a back-up role, and we all know Fitz has no business being a starter in the NFL. He is not exactly competing with pro bowl caliber players - he is competing with guys who could be out of the league by the end of the year.

jmb1099
09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I agree that he played better than the stats show. However, "Brohm looked good last night" may be a bit strong.
Brohm's receivers looked terrible. Better?

Johnny Bugmenot
09-03-2010, 11:48 AM
But since our trained coaching staff (you know those guys who get paid to do this for a living) didnt see enough there to give him reps, that says all I need to know. The same "trained coaching staff" gave the starting job at LT to Demetrius "Penalty Machine" Bell even though they saw nothing from him because of injury. They're not infallible.

Seriously, though... Trent Edwards is the starter, and always was. Like it or not, he's played well so far. Brohm and Fitzpatrick are battling for #2. Levi Brown is no better than J.P. Losman at his best potential-- and he's not even close to reaching that-- and Losman was, as has been well documented, a failure. He's not sticking around. So, there's room for all three on the roster.

Mahdi
09-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Do you really believe what you just wrote?

Brohm has not been able to beat out Edwards, who has underwhelmed most of his career. Now, he is having trouble unseating Fitz from a back-up role, and we all know Fitz has no business being a starter in the NFL. He is not exactly competing with pro bowl caliber players - he is competing with guys who could be out of the league by the end of the year.
Like I said, Edwards is the safer bet. He has experience and a couple of qualities you can run an offense on. Edwards has held off Brohm but I think Brohm has the better skill set.

Brohm threw a pass yesterday I'm still waiting for Trent to hit. A skinny post down the middle of the field. It was perfectly thrown and that is not an easy throw.

It takes more to being a QB than just the skills so I'm not convinced Brohm can be a starter, but I like his skill set enough to keep his as the #2 and let him continue to develop.

And nothing of what I wrote is far fetched or hard to believe. I like Brohm's skills better than I like Edwards'. And IMO, Edwards has just as much to prove as Brohm. Edwards has not proven he can be a starting NFL QB and neither has Brohm.

Eventually
09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I hate it when people have agendas and they toss together a few stats to "argue" their point for them.

Look Brohm may very well not make the team, that's up to Chan. But if he does get cut it won't be due to play. Most likely it meant:

Chan felt more comfortable having Fitz as backup because of the experience. He's not worried about him having to take over at any times. When presented with Edwards injury history, checkdowns...He replied something to the effect that the past is the past, and he doesn't think like that.

It also means that they value brown very highly, which easily could and has been debated, but I think brown fits what Gailey wants as his number 3.

I am fairly sure that if for some reason that Trent, and #2 gets hurt, they'd sign someone off the street with a bit of experience and he'd get the nod before Brown would.

Back to the stats. You combine the time in GB, which is well documented on how he wasn't confident yada yada yada..

This preseason Brohm's looked comfortable in the pocket. Looks the pass rush in the face and has made good decisions with the ball. He's proven he can play with a terrible offensive line.

Last night he added mobility to his portfolio as well, something not many thought he had. He can make all the thows as well.

The reason his numbers looked bad last night were not his fault at all. I'm not even going to use the O-line as an excuse because, like I mentioned I feel he did well behind that mess. But what happened then, I think you all know where this is going, but regardless. Foschi- I believe he dropped 2 and tipped one. So take out his ineptitude, Brohm is up to 10-15 with say another 13 yards and erase the pick. All those balls were nicely thrown and well placed. Then you have Donald Jones, who dropped 2, one was a tad too far thrown, but evans would have snared it in, so I won't count that one, but the other was perfectly placed but a drop nonetheless.

So if those well placed balls were caught, Brohms numbers would be 11-15 add another 8 for Jones and then add 21 to his total with no picks and drives would have continued and who knows what would have happened after that.

Instead of Stats I look at how they looked playing the position and thought he looked Decisive most of the time, poised most of the time, and Confident, and for the most part had really good placement throughout preseason.

IMO Trent played the best of the 3, Brohm second best, Fitz then Brown.

Brown is raw as heck though, personally I'd slide him on the PS, I really don't believe he's better than Hall or Skelton and if AZ doesn't trade Leinart, one will get cut and If Im OBD I'd pick either up and replace Brown with either one.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I hate it when people have agendas and they toss together a few stats to "argue" their point for them.

Those pesky stats.

I hate when people toss together some ambiguous opinions to "argue" their point.

Brohm, 3 years in the NFL and no touchdowns. But we love his "feel" for the game.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Those pesky stats.

I hate when people toss together some ambiguous opinions to "argue" their point.

Brohm, 3 years in the NFL and no touchdowns. But we love his "feel" for the game.
He has not spent three years in the NFL. Two. And one, he wasn't even on a roster for most of the year.

Those pesky stats, indeed.

Nighthawk
09-03-2010, 02:21 PM

No, I believe it is because anybody who has a brain knows that Fitz is no good and Brohm has more upside. They could cut Fitz and bring in another QB with upside and people will be fine. Most people can't stand that Fitz is somehow still on the team and that is why so many would like to see Brohm succeed. It's more of a wanting of Fitz to be gone, then a man crush on Brohm.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM
No, I believe it is because anybody who has a brain knows that Fitz is no good and Brohm has more upside.

Wow.

Brohm has more upside? He does?

Are you willing to admit that Brohm will never be better than Edwards? Because Edwards as a 3rd rounder showed more promise in his first pre-season here than Brohm, a 2nd rounder, has shown in his third pre-season.

Where is the upside?

Jan Reimers
09-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Brohm played well last night, as well as in his other preseason opportunities, and deserves a roster spot. Anyone who says Brohm sucks is simply biased, as are many anti-Edwards posters on here.

I think Edwards, Fitz and Brohm make the 53, and Brown - who is raw, but has potential - goes to the Practice Squad.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Brohm played well last night, as well as in his other preseason opportunities, and deserves a roster spot. Anyone who says Brohm sucks is simply biased, as are many anti-Edwards posters on here.

I think Edwards, Fitz and Brohm make the 53, and Brown - who is raw, but has potential - goes to the Practice Squad.

You are a fair poster. I need an honest answer. Did Brohm play well enough to earn the #2 spot. Yes or no?

Novacane
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
This thread is :limp: You want to talk about whining? The thread starter spends 10 times the amount of posts whining about Brohm sucking as anyone else does about Brohm not getting a fair shot. Effing joke dude. I hope Brohm does get cut so you can get back to living your life :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
This thread is :limp: You want to talk about whining? The thread starter spends 10 times the amount of posts whining about Brohm sucking as anyone else does about Brohm not getting a fair shot. Effing joke dude. I hope Brohm does get cut so you can get back to living your life :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone is upset that their little Brohm dream isn't going to happen.

Jan Reimers
09-03-2010, 02:46 PM
You are a fair poster. I need an honest answer. Did Brohm play well enough to earn the #2 spot. Yes or no?
I'm not really sure, but I think it's almost too close to call between Fitz and Brohm. Almost every one of Brohm's passes were on the money last night and he ran well, too. So with Brown not ready at all, I don't know why we cant PS Brown and keep Brohm.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm not really sure, but I think it's almost too close to call between Fitz and Brohm. Almost every one of Brohm's passes were on the money last night and he ran well, too. So with Brown not ready at all, I don't know why we cant PS Brown and keep Brohm.

So a guy with a pick and a 61 QB rating is neck and neck with a guy with 2 TDs and a 110 QB rating?

I agree that stats don't tell the whole story but you really believe this?

I'm not setting you up here.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 02:50 PM
So a guy with a pick and a 61 QB rating is neck and neck with a guy with 2 TDs and a 110 QB rating?

wow. seriously dude? did you actually watch the games?

Jan Reimers
09-03-2010, 02:59 PM

With the limited amount of playing time in preseason, I don't put much stock in QB ratings or other stats. Brohm's pick was due to Foschi's letting an easy catch go right through his hands, and there were several other drops as well.

To me - and I'm just a fan, not a talent evaluator - Brohm's mechanics as well as pocket presence look to be better than Fitz.

Nighthawk
09-03-2010, 03:44 PM

This post shows how ignorant you are. Did you even watch the game last night??? That rating was far from all on Brohm. His WRs were horrible and he was pretty damn accurate on most of his throws. Stop, just stop.

Novacane
09-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Sounds like someone is upset that their little Brohm dream isn't going to happen.

That is a really stupid post just like most of your posts. Unlike you I root for the team not individual players. I could give a **** about Brohm. I just want a QB that can win. Now..........if you want to talk about dreams I don't want to hear about the wet ones you have while thinking about Trent :limp:

Novacane
09-03-2010, 04:19 PM
This post shows how ignorant you are. Did you even watch the game last night??? That rating was far from all on Brohm. His WRs were horrible and he was pretty damn accurate on most of his throws. Stop, just stop.

Ignorant? I was thinking more like retarted.

better days
09-03-2010, 04:40 PM

You are talking about cutting Brohm & keeping Brown. His numbers are not better than Brohms, & if you think Trent does not have any Ints this season, I will take that bet for anything you want.

Albany,n.y.
09-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't know why they drafted the guy in the first place. Aaron Rodgers was already showing that it was a good idea to drop Farve and give the kid a chance. Grabbing him and Flynn seemed stupid to me. So going solely on the fact that he was cut and put on a PS for a team isn't something I hold against him.

I do believe he has show us something in the preseason. Anyone that brings up stats of last night's game (not saying you did) is just being ignorant. Anyone can see he was running for his life out there and did pretty well with mediocre at best blocking. He stepped up in the pocket and had nice zip on the ball. The pass he completed to Chad Jackson was pretty impressive.

So in a rebuilding year, you want to cut a guy who we will need down the road as our number 2 if we turn things around in a year or 2, gamble on a guy who has shown little in 3 preseasons and create another need when we get better-Brilliant!

Tiburon1724
09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Brown was terrible last night. He threw that pick six directly to the defender. Brohm's pick wasn't his fault, it was the atrocious play of that tight end, god he was awful!

Albany,n.y.
09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Sure he got a fair shake. He was able to play with the best OL the Bills could put together in mini-camp & camp & couldn't progress enough to move up on the depth chart. Edwards & Fitzpatrick practiced with the same lines in mini camp & Fitzpatrick & Brohm practiced with the same lines throughout camp & games 1 & 2 of preseason. The excuses for Brohm just continue, even from someone who thinks Edwards is better.
I'm guessing we haven't heard the end from the Brohm boys, whose excuses are 100 times worse than anything you could dream up. I think he's going to get cut, but like last year with GB, he'll be asked to join the practice squad as an insurance policy, because if Edwards or Fitzpatrick goes down, the Bills will not want Brown at #2, so Brohm could be signed off the PS if he is called on to be #2 in case of an injury.
So the Brohm boys will be screaming for his promotion off the PS every week. I hope he signs with the UFL instead of our PS so the nonsense we've heard all offseason will finally come to an end. If JP gets cut from Seattle, I'd love to see Brohm vs JP for the UFL championship. The fans of each guy can call it "The Bills Screwed Our Ex-QBs Bowl"

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Sure he got a fair shake. He was able to play with the best OL the Bills could put together in mini-camp & camp & couldn't progress enough to move up on the depth chart. Edwards & Fitzpatrick practiced with the same lines in mini camp & Fitzpatrick & Brohm practiced with the same lines throughout camp & games 1 & 2 of preseason. The excuses for Brohm just continue, even from someone who thinks Edwards is better.
I'm guessing we haven't heard the end from the Brohm boys, whose excuses are 100 times worse than anything you could dream up. I think he's going to get cut, but like last year with GB, he'll be asked to join the practice squad as an insurance policy, because if Edwards or Fitzpatrick goes down, the Bills will not want Brown at #2, so Brohm could be signed off the PS if he is called on to be #2 in case of an injury.
So the Brohm boys will be screaming for his promotion off the PS every week. I hope he signs with the UFL instead of our PS so the nonsense we've heard all offseason will finally come to an end. If JP gets cut from Seattle, I'd love to see Brohm vs JP for the UFL championship. The fans of each guy can call it "The Bills Screwed Our Ex-QBs Bowl"
and we have another. you must not have watched the games either. good job man. two thumbs up. :clap:

JCBills
09-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Ah yes, because these numbers can easily explain everything. Brohm had a lot of passes hit the WR only to be dropped. It seems the only one still whining is you though, the threads are in abundance.

Thief
09-03-2010, 07:36 PM

If Brohm makes the team it's only because Brown sucked more or Fitzpatrick gets traded.So I guess you think Fitz should start over Trent?

acehole
09-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Yea Stats dont mater,.....

X-Era
09-03-2010, 09:50 PM
This is what I think they'll do. But that doesnt mean for a second that Brohm will ever be the answer.
We know Fitz isn't.

If we were cutting the guy in favor of a guy with any sort of upside I wouldn't mind. But, Holcomb part duhh is just a waste of space and a roster spot on a team that likely wont get above .500.

I mean if your going to rebuild, go into evaluation mode and don't waste time with a never-has-been who we know cant be our future. If you cant win now, at least show us that your developing something for the future. Fitz in no way does that.

Maybe this angle makes sense... if it's not Brohm or Fitz, cut them both and bring in two new guys to evaluate.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Yea Stats dont mater,.....

apparently, neither does spelling simple words correctly.

acehole
09-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I disagree.

What those stats dont tell you is that wr's dropped more balls then sabs mom at octoberfest.

The stats dont tell you what a muuk edwards looked like and how the other two had a sense of urgency and picked up the pace of that offense.

I don't know but brown is not going anywhere.

Who cares. Brown isn't anything special anyway.

acehole
09-03-2010, 11:20 PM
apparently, neither does spelling simple words correctly.

Apparenty capitalizing sentences don't either.

....or sentence structure....or syntax....or a point.

If your point is that you are smart because you found a mispelled word in my post you are wrong.

jmb1099
09-04-2010, 06:48 AM

I'm beginning to think you haven't watched the game yet. You couldn't have or you wouldn't have brought up the pick. Do yourself a favor and watch the game while you're sober and then start posting. I'll clue you in what to watch for
1: Nearly all of Brohm's incompletions were drops
2) The so called interception was clearly the receivers fault
3) Brohm's passes were money, his form was money, his defensive reads were money.

Go watch the game you'll feel better, or worse...

jmb1099
09-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Honestly, where do you guys come from and why do you post without watching the game?

mayotm
09-04-2010, 07:13 AM
I disagree.

What those stats dont tell you is that wr's dropped more balls then sabs mom at octoberfest.

The stats dont tell you what a muuk edwards looked like and how the other two had a sense of urgency and picked up the pace of that offense.

I don't know but brown is not going anywhere.What the hell is a muuk? If that means poised, decisive, accurate, I agree that Edwards has been a muuk this pre-season. What have you been watching?

Luisito23
09-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Brohm sucks, stop talking about him...:surf:

better days
09-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Brohm sucks, stop talking about him...:surf:

How would you know? You said in another thread that you did not watch the game. Why don't you let the people that actually watched him make the judgement on him?

As MOST people that watched the game said, Brohm played well. We will find out his fate soon, but I will be very surprised if Brohm is cut.

acehole
09-05-2010, 10:18 AM
muuk is like a person who just goes through motions ....no fire...

What the hell is a muuk? If that means poised, decisive, accurate, I agree that Edwards has been a muuk this pre-season. What have you been watching?