PDA

View Full Version : Brohm sucks, deal with it

Forward_Lateral
09-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm not a huge Edwards fan, or a huge Fitz fan, and I wanted Brohm to be the answer just as much as everyone else. The fact is, Brohm sucks. He's shown nothing to prove to anyone that he's an NFL caliber QB. Get over it. He didn't get hosed, or a raw deal. If he had played better, maybe he'd have gotten more reps in game situations.

Forward_Lateral
09-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Also, I forgot to say that I'd much rather have Brown on as the third string QB, than Brohm. Brown is raw, and needs to learn, and no better way to learn than from the sidelines every week in the NFL. Brohm has had his chance to learn. He's pissed it away.

better days
09-03-2010, 08:58 AM
There are already two threads bashing Brohm, & you felt the need to start a 3rd? Geesh.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
this thread sucks. deal with it.

The King
09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I like this thread. 5 stars

OpIv37
09-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Brohm is what he is- it was a low risk pickup with a small chance of a big reward, sort of like a lottery ticket. Chances are you're not going to get anything out of it, but it's cheap so, hey, why not?

Well, just like playing the lottery, the reward didn't pan out. Oh well- time to move on. I don't blame the organization for trying- in fact, I think it was well worth the risk. But, clearly he's not the answer.

I honestly don't care if they cut him though. Part of me would rather see them try to develop Brown, but I also realize that Brohm is more ready than Brown at the moment, and with our craptacular OL, it's not inconceivable that our 3rd string QB sees playing time this year.

jmb1099
09-03-2010, 09:49 AM
If this is based on last night than its a ridiculous argument.

Historian
09-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't care for the way he scrambles for first downs head-first with Losmanlike abandon.

Throne Logic
09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I disagree. When considering the talent level he played his minutes with, he looked ok to me. He did everything asked of him. I would keep him over Fitz.

I believe Fitz had more third game time because he was on the bubble.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 10:41 AM
If this is based on last night than its a ridiculous argument.

NE39 just made the post of the year on this subject.

No the argument isn't based on last night. It's based on 3 years of doing nothing. The coaching staff this year invested alot of time into this guys and he couldn't make it to the #2 spot.

He didn't get hosed he just didn't do anything in camp to earn a spot.

I'll bet you Joquie Bell would have looked better running with the number 1 offense as well. Does that mean given the opportunity that he would have been better than Spiller?

I don't understand the logic around here.

HAMMER
09-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Brohm is gone, I can't understand why everyone has been riding his nuts like a little crab.

OpIv37
09-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Brohm is gone, I can't understand why everyone has been riding his nuts like a little crab.

Desperation.

There was a tiny chance that this guy could be the franchise QB. Clearly, no one else on the roster is a franchise QB, so people invested a lot of hope in Brohm because, well, they had no other options.

Unfortunately, some people can't separate hope from expectations, and they actually expected him to do something despite the small odds.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 11:54 AM
i can't wait until fitzpatrick is cut. i will be laughing at you *******s so hard.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-03-2010, 11:56 AM
It's based on 3 years of doing nothing Wrong. It's based on five years of proven high school and college success, one year of doing nothing, one year of getting kicked to the curb far before he should have been, and one preseason where he's shown he's at least ready to be the #2 quarterback on this team. Remember, Trent Edwards's contract is up at the end of the year. They need a replacement ready. You can fantasize about the Dictionary Bunch coming up in the draft, but how many years is that going to set the team back? And after 11 years of no playoffs, a glaring problem at LT, and more, why gamble on a pick that could just as easily be Tim Couch as it could be Peyton Manning? The fact is, this team needs Brian Brohm, a man who has been developing for the past two years. Not as a starter-- yet-- but as an insurance policy.

Extremebillsfan247
09-03-2010, 12:04 PM

No the argument isn't based on last night. It's based on 3 years of doing nothing. The coaching staff this year invested alot of time into this guys and he couldn't make it to the #2 spot.

I'll bet you Joquie Bell would have looked better running with the number 1 offense as well. Does that mean given the opportunity that he would have been better than Spiller?

I don't understand the logic around here. 3 years? lol Brohm was brought in to Buffalo last November. The coaching staff invested not much more time into him as they did Levi Brown. If we are going to bash a QB, lets at least try and keep facts straight. That's all I'm saying here.

jmb1099
09-03-2010, 12:09 PM

Read that post, disagreed with it then too.
1) Last year was a wash, anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional.
2) This year has hardly been a failure based on his performance. He looked decent in the first game. He threw a really nice pass in the second game that Jackson dropped. Nearly all of his incompletions last night were drops, and the one int was clearly the receivers fault.
3) The chains can't be moved when receivers drop passes and when the running backs on the third string were barely avg over 2 yards per carry.

As far as your Bell comparison I don't think there is any question about Spiller's talent. However, there is plenty of questions about the talent of our QB's. Trent looks rehabed, but how will he do when he takes another big hit? As much as the Fitzpatrick apologists are claiming that he is better than Trent, anyone with any real sense knows that Fitzpatrick won garbage games. There aren't too many questions at RB, there are plenty at QB.
Oh and I agree with you on this: you don't understand logic.

Akhippo
09-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Its not Brohm as a starter. Its Brohm over Fitz. I cant stand watching Fitz and his hurky jerky throws that are mostly off target.

Brohm has been as good as Fitz easily. And he looks like he could be better with time. Fitz has to play over his head just to look good. Thats the debate here. When Edwards goes down i really dont want to see Fitz take the field.

I would rather Brown be #2 then.

Nighthawk
09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Brohm is what he is- it was a low risk pickup with a small chance of a big reward, sort of like a lottery ticket. Chances are you're not going to get anything out of it, but it's cheap so, hey, why not?

Well, just like playing the lottery, the reward didn't pan out. Oh well- time to move on. I don't blame the organization for trying- in fact, I think it was well worth the risk. But, clearly he's not the answer.

I honestly don't care if they cut him though. Part of me would rather see them try to develop Brown, but I also realize that Brohm is more ready than Brown at the moment, and with our craptacular OL, it's not inconceivable that our 3rd string QB sees playing time this year.

The one thing that I completely blame on the organization is keeping Fitz on this roster and not looking for an upgrade. Brohm, in the Bills eyes, hasn't done enough, but Fitz is freakin' pathetic and brings absolutely nothing to this team. He's not good, he has zero upside...what is the point of not getting rid of him in the offseason?

Nighthawk
09-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Its not Brohm as a starter. Its Brohm over Fitz. I cant stand watching Fitz and his hurky jerky throws that are mostly off target.

Brohm has been as good as Fitz easily. And he looks like he could be better with time. Fitz has to play over his head just to look good. Thats the debate here. When Edwards goes down i really dont want to see Fitz take the field.

I would rather Brown be #2 then.

And there in lies the rub...Fitz is just as bad as he was last year and nobody wants to see him on this team anymore. It's more to do with keeping him then people wanting Brohm. Bring in another QB and people would want that QB over Fitz also. That is the point...

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
And there in lies the rub...Fitz is just as bad as he was last year and nobody wants to see him on this team anymore. It's more to do with keep him then people wanting Brohm. Bring in another QB and people would want that QB over Fitz also. That is the point...

agreed, fitzpatrick sucks

Thief
09-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not a huge Edwards fan, or a huge Fitz fan, and I wanted Brohm to be the answer just as much as everyone else. The fact is, Brohm sucks. He's shown nothing to prove to anyone that he's an NFL caliber QB. Get over it. He didn't get hosed, or a raw deal. If he had played better, maybe he'd have gotten more reps in game situations.He threw the ball about 40% more times than Fitz this preseason, so there goes your "reps" argument.

I guess he should have caught his own passes because that is pretty much the only way he could have done better. Even his imcomplete pass in the Cincy Game hit Jones 30 yards down the sidelines in stride right in the hands.

What about his Int that Foshi (or whatever) batted like three times.You would know that ball hit the TE in the chest if you watched.

Gesh.

ddaryl
09-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I just got done watching the Detroit game...

My opinion is it looks like the lights are coming on for Brohm. He definitely does not "suck"

Mad Max
09-04-2010, 02:14 AM

No, but he would have looked better than Fred quite possibly. We already saw what Fitzy did last year..it was not good. Brohm can't be much worse. This team this year is not going to have a winning record anyway, why not keep the guy with a possibility to develop in Brohm.

YardRat
09-04-2010, 02:31 AM
On the other hand, it's kind of nice to have a clear-cut #1 going into the season.

Night Train
09-04-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm dealing with the fact the QB, OT & LB have little to no talent. Why just single out Brohm ?

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Guys, everyone needs to frame the context of their arguments better, including me.

Brohm sucks if had to be the starter but as a backup I'd be fine with him.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm dealing with the fact the QB, OT & LB have little to no talent. Why just single out Brohm ?

In fairness to Edwards he had an excellent pre-season. Not really sure what more he could have done to quiet the haters on this board.

Yes, I expect him to get killed when Green gets hurt and Chambers drops his milky way bar, but until than lets see what happens.

mightysimi
09-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't understand why people care about brohm so much. Even if he wins the job, which was super unlikely from the get go, it doesn't change the fact that we would need to draft a qb. Do the Brohm supporters believe that he would be so good that the need would not exist? Really who cares who wins at this point as we still need more talent at qb. My only hope is that Edwards doesn't play just good enough to give nix pause about drafting one.

jmb1099
09-04-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't understand why people care about brohm so much. Even if he wins the job, which was super unlikely from the get go, it doesn't change the fact that we would need to draft a qb. Do the Brohm supporters believe that he would be so good that the need would not exist? Really who cares who wins at this point as we still need more talent at qb. My only hope is that Edwards doesn't play just good enough to give nix pause about drafting one.
See arguments like this drive me crazy. I am in no way hoping that Edwards does poorly. I simply didn't think he could recover from the hit. Now that he has I want him to light it up and be successful because if he has success than the whole team does as well.

better days
09-04-2010, 10:14 AM
In fairness to Edwards he had an excellent pre-season. Not really sure what more he could have done to quiet the haters on this board.

Yes, I expect him to get killed when Green gets hurt and Chambers drops his milky way bar, but until than lets see what happens.

Well Trent had a very good preseason against 4-3 defenses. He looked God Awful against the only 3-4 defense he faced.

mightysimi
09-04-2010, 03:51 PM
See arguments like this drive me crazy. I am in no way hoping that Edwards does poorly. I simply didn't think he could recover from the hit. Now that he has I want him to light it up and be successful because if he has success than the whole team does as well.

If he suddenly becomes Manning I'd be all for it. I'm just playing the odds. Of course I want him to do well. I just expect that it isn't good enough. But like I said I don't want him to play just good enough to think about drafting someone else.

Yasgur's Farm
09-04-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm not of the school that the Bills are fortunate enough to just go ahead and draft a franchise QB... It's a very iffy proposition at best and could take a year or 2 to actually exceed what we have at this date.

That said... I've been in favor of seeing what we have in Brohm (who was once rated at the top of the QB draft pile just as Locker etc. are now) before we have to rely on getting our Sanchez.