X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Brohm sucks, deal with it

I'm not a huge Edwards fan, or a huge Fitz fan, and I wanted Brohm to be the answer just as much as everyone else. The fact is, Brohm sucks. He's shown nothing to prove to anyone that he's an NFL caliber QB. Get over it. He didn't get hosed, or a raw deal. If he had played better, maybe he'd have gotten more reps in game situations.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Brohm sucks, deal with it

Also, I forgot to say that I'd much rather have Brown on as the third string QB, than Brohm. Brown is raw, and needs to learn, and no better way to learn than from the sidelines every week in the NFL. Brohm has had his chance to learn. He's pissed it away.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

There are already two threads bashing Brohm, & you felt the need to start a 3rd? Geesh.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

this thread sucks. deal with it.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I like this thread. 5 stars
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Brohm is what he is- it was a low risk pickup with a small chance of a big reward, sort of like a lottery ticket. Chances are you're not going to get anything out of it, but it's cheap so, hey, why not?

Well, just like playing the lottery, the reward didn't pan out. Oh well- time to move on. I don't blame the organization for trying- in fact, I think it was well worth the risk. But, clearly he's not the answer.

I honestly don't care if they cut him though. Part of me would rather see them try to develop Brown, but I also realize that Brohm is more ready than Brown at the moment, and with our craptacular OL, it's not inconceivable that our 3rd string QB sees playing time this year.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

If this is based on last night than its a ridiculous argument.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I don't care for the way he scrambles for first downs head-first with Losmanlike abandon.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                  • Aug 2002

I disagree. When considering the talent level he played his minutes with, he looked ok to me. He did everything asked of him. I would keep him over Fitz.

I believe Fitz had more third game time because he was on the bubble.
                  Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                    If this is based on last night than its a ridiculous argument.
                    NE39 just made the post of the year on this subject.

No the argument isn't based on last night. It's based on 3 years of doing nothing. The coaching staff this year invested alot of time into this guys and he couldn't make it to the #2 spot.

He didn't get hosed he just didn't do anything in camp to earn a spot.

I'll bet you Joquie Bell would have looked better running with the number 1 offense as well. Does that mean given the opportunity that he would have been better than Spiller?

I don't understand the logic around here.

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Brohm is gone, I can't understand why everyone has been riding his nuts like a little crab.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                        Brohm is gone, I can't understand why everyone has been riding his nuts like a little crab.
                        Desperation.

There was a tiny chance that this guy could be the franchise QB. Clearly, no one else on the roster is a franchise QB, so people invested a lot of hope in Brohm because, well, they had no other options.

Unfortunately, some people can't separate hope from expectations, and they actually expected him to do something despite the small odds.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

i can't wait until fitzpatrick is cut. i will be laughing at you *******s so hard.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

It's based on 3 years of doing nothing
                            Wrong. It's based on five years of proven high school and college success, one year of doing nothing, one year of getting kicked to the curb far before he should have been, and one preseason where he's shown he's at least ready to be the #2 quarterback on this team. Remember, Trent Edwards's contract is up at the end of the year. They need a replacement ready. You can fantasize about the Dictionary Bunch coming up in the draft, but how many years is that going to set the team back? And after 11 years of no playoffs, a glaring problem at LT, and more, why gamble on a pick that could just as easily be Tim Couch as it could be Peyton Manning? The fact is, this team needs Brian Brohm, a man who has been developing for the past two years. Not as a starter-- yet-- but as an insurance policy.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              NE39 just made the post of the year on this subject.

No the argument isn't based on last night. It's based on 3 years of doing nothing. The coaching staff this year invested alot of time into this guys and he couldn't make it to the #2 spot.

He didn't get hosed he just didn't do anything in camp to earn a spot.

I'll bet you Joquie Bell would have looked better running with the number 1 offense as well. Does that mean given the opportunity that he would have been better than Spiller?

I don't understand the logic around here.
                              3 years? lol Brohm was brought in to Buffalo last November. The coaching staff invested not much more time into him as they did Levi Brown. If we are going to bash a QB, lets at least try and keep facts straight. That's all I'm saying here.
                              Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 09-03-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X