PDA

View Full Version : Brohm vs. Losman

The King
09-03-2010, 09:14 AM
This weeks UFL matchup!

Who will win in the battle of "Who gives a crap"?

Johnny Bugmenot
09-03-2010, 08:29 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/SpockVulcan.jpg
"It is quite illogical."

Nighthawk
09-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Yet again, another person who does not understand why people would rather have Brohm. It's not Brohm, it's the fact that most people/fans can't stand Fitz being on this team.

Extremebillsfan247
09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
This weeks UFL matchup!

Who will win in the battle of "Who gives a crap"? :gtfo2:

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Yet again, another person who does not understand why people would rather have Brohm. It's not Brohm, it's the fact that most people/fans can't stand Fitz being on this team.

I'd rather have this answer in a different thread but do you seriously believe that Brohm beat out Fitzpatrick?

Albany,n.y.
09-04-2010, 12:46 PM
And they're dead wrong. Ask the coaches, ask former coach Perry Fewell who loved the guy. He doesn't look pretty so some fans don't like his game. The facts are the Bills won 5 of their 6 games with supposedly horrible coaching with Fitz as the primary QB. Fitz knows how to play in this league. He might be the only QB who is still around in a couple of years.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:10 PM
I'd rather have this answer in a different thread but do you seriously believe that Brohm beat out Fitzpatrick?
Yes. Brohm's throwing ability is better than any QB we have on the roster. Edwards is just the safer decision right now due to his experience and seniority in the locker room.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes. Brohm's throwing ability is better than any QB we have on the roster. Edwards is just the safer decision right now due to his experience and seniority in the locker room.

So Brohm is the best QB on the team!!:lmao:

mayotm
09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes. Brohm's throwing ability is better than any QB we have on the roster. Edwards is just the safer decision right now due to his experience and seniority in the locker room.Edwards may be the "safer decision", but he also clearly outplayed Brohm. No logical person can argue that point.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Edwards may be the "safer decision", but he also clearly outplayed Brohm. No logical person can argue that point.
Yeah I agree he outplayed him. But not on any level ground. If Brohm is throwing to Lee and Stevie and has the benefit of Spiller and Lynch behind him maybe he does better.

Not to mention having the starting OL.

My point is only regarding Brohm's throwing style compared to Trent's. And IMO Brohm throws a better ball with more velocity and he makes quick and smart decisions.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Edwards may be the "safer decision", but he also clearly outplayed Brohm. No logical person can argue that point.

WE just agreed on something. Hell is frozen over!

mayotm
09-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah I agree he outplayed him. But not on any level ground. If Brohm is throwing to Lee and Stevie and has the benefit of Spiller and Lynch behind him maybe he does better.

Not to mention having the starting OL.Per Gailey, Edwards was given the starting job because he performed the best during OTAs. He took the opportunity and ran with it. Gailey has no ties to Edwards. Edwards simply won the job. There isn't some massive conspiracy against Brohm. Period.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 01:19 PM
WE just agreed on something. Hell is frozen over!I don't disagree with all of you posts. It probably just seems that way. I just think you're kind of all over the place at times, but that's just my opinion.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Per Gailey, Edwards was given the starting job because he performed the best during OTAs. He took the opportunity and ran with it. Gailey has no ties to Edwards. Edwards simply won the job. There isn't some massive conspiracy against Brohm. Period.
Didn't say there was a conspiracy... where did I say that? I said Brohm was always playing with the second and third units which is the nature of the situation but it also doesn't give a true evaluation of Brohm's abilities.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Didn't say there was a conspiracy... where did I say that? I said Brohm was always playing with the second and third units which is the nature of the situation but it also doesn't give a true evaluation of Brohm's abilities.Lets stop beating around the bush. In your opinion, if Brohm was given time with the starters, do you feel he would have won the job? That's what it seems like because you continue making excuses for Brohm. Again, Edwards (the better player) won the job. It wasn't just handed to him.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Lets stop beating around the bush. In your opinion, if Brohm was given time with the starters, do you feel he would have won the job? That's what it seems like because you continue making excuses for Brohm. Again, Edwards (the better player) won the job. It wasn't just handed to him.
I can't say if he would have done better than Trent or not. Only thing I am saying for sure is that Brohm has better throwing skills and is a more pure pocket passer than Trent.

And IMO, Trent is only the better player by default. We haven't seen what Brohm can do with better players around him.

I also don't believe you can win a job in OTAs. No one touches the QB in practice. DL never goes all out. Let's see what Trent will do week 1.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Didn't say there was a conspiracy... where did I say that? I said Brohm was always playing with the second and third units which is the nature of the situation but it also doesn't give a true evaluation of Brohm's abilities.

You have to earn the chance to play with starters. Do you not think the coaches were watching the QB play in OTAs, practice, etc.?

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:31 PM
You have to earn the chance to play with starters. Do you not think the coaches were watching the QB play in OTAs, practice, etc.?
Yeah they watched Trent tear it up in practice as he does every year. Hey, if Trent continues in the regular season, great, but he hasn't done it when it counts.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I can't say if he would have done better than Trent or not. Only thing I am saying for sure is that Brohm has better throwing skills and is a more pure pocket passer than Trent.

And IMO, Trent is only the better player by default. We haven't seen what Brohm can do with better players around him.Sorry, but I'm not following your logic on this at all. If I'm not mistaken, you've praised the way Gailey has done things with the team in other threads. Are you saying that you don't trust Gailey to make the proper QB decision? At this point, it appears that Brohm didn't even beat out Fitz at #2. Why do you think that is? Look, I'm not anti-Brohm. I'm certainly not one of the people that looks at his pre-season stats and says he sucks. I watched all the pre-season games and know he got very little help. That stated,I know the coaching staff evaluates every throw from the OTA's through pre-season. There's a reason Brohm is #3. You have to understand that. As far as Edwards being the better player by default, fine. Edwards certainly has a lot to prove.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah they watched Trent tear it up in practice as he does every year. Hey, if Trent continues in the regular season, great, but he hasn't done it when it counts.

This argument is what pisses me off with all of the Brohmbuddies.

If Edwards struggles it still doesn't mean Brohm is better. If Brohm was better he'd be starting.

You just changed the argument after you were called out.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah they watched Trent tear it up in practice as he does every year. Hey, if Trent continues in the regular season, great, but he hasn't done it when it counts.Yeah, Trent really tore it up in the pre-season last year when the starting offense didn't score a TD in 15 pre-season possessions. You want to blindly put your faith in Brohm, but not acknowledge that Edwards has played well this pre-season. We are about to find out if his solid pre-season carries over into the regular season.

Extremebillsfan247
09-04-2010, 01:42 PM
The knock on Brohm is his accuracy. That is what got him in trouble with Green Bay. He made the team as the number 3 QB because Gailey likes his Football intelligence, nothing more really. Edwards is the more accurate passer of the 3 QBs remaining on the roster which is why he is the number 1 QB. Fitzpatrick is the prototypical back up that can be depended upon to come in and contribute with as little drawback in performance as possible. He did it well in Cincinnati, and he continues to do it well here. My feeling is that Brohm on this team will never get beyond being a number 3 QB because of that. I was pulling for this guy to outperform both Fitz and Edwards, but the reality of it is what it is. JMO

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah, Trent really tore it up in the pre-season last year when the starting offense didn't score a TD in 15 pre-season possessions. You want to blindly put your faith in Brohm, but not acknowledge that Edwards has played well this pre-season. We are about to find out if his solid pre-season carries over into the regular season.
You keep making assumptions. I didn't say Edwards didn't play well in preseason. He did. But I still want to see things from Trent he has not shown this far into his career. There are throws Trent shies away from still and until he starts making them I won't fully be convinced that he is starter material.

Preseason includes practices and Trent always does well in practice.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:48 PM
The knock on Brohm is his accuracy. That is what got him in trouble with Green Bay. He made the team as the number 3 QB because Gailey likes his Football intelligence, nothing more really. Edwards is the more accurate passer of the 3 QBs remaining on the roster which is why he is the number 1 QB. Fitzpatrick is the prototypical back up that can be depended upon to come in and contribute with as little drawback in performance as possible. He did it well in Cincinnati, and he continues to do it well here. My feeling is that Brohm on this team will never get beyond being a number 3 QB because of that. I was pulling for this guy to outperform both Fitz and Edwards, but the reality of it is what it is. JMO
Brohm has shown that his accuracy is good. I haven't seen him throw many bad passes. He's been quite accurate so far. He has made some very solid throws that show his skill level.

All this being said I am fine with Edwards as the starter until he proves he can't handle the job.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 01:53 PM
You keep making assumptions. I didn't say Edwards didn't play well in preseason. He did. But I still want to see things from Trent he has not shown this far into his career. There are throws Trent shies away from still and until he starts making them I won't fully be convinced that he is starter material.

Preseason includes practices and Trent always does well in practice.You're making assumptions as well because I never stated that Trent is the solution. In fact, I stated that he has a lot to prove. I have stated that he clearly outperformed the other QB's and has earned the right to start. Really, you are basing Brohm's ability on what you've seen from Edwards in the past. Edwards hasn't played very well in past seasons so Brohm must be better. Many of us hoped that Brohm was going to be the solution. It simply hasn't worked out that way. I highly doubt he will ever start another NFL game in Buffalo or anywhere else. It's a new season. Edwards hasn't taken a single regular season snap with the current coaching staff. I'm hoping he can turn things around. I don't necessarily think that he will be any better, but the pre-season has given me some hope.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 01:54 PM
But I still want to see things from Trent he has not shown this far into his career. There are throws Trent shies away from still and until he starts making them I won't fully be convinced that he is starter material.

That's so weird because I'm still waiting for Brohm to throw a TD pass.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:57 PM
That's so weird because I'm still waiting for Brohm to throw a TD pass.
Again, I am not talking about Brohm's production. Only the potential I believe he has. I simply believe Brohm has more SKILL than Edwards.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Again, I am not talking about Brohm's production. Only the potential I believe he has. I simply believe Brohm has more SKILL than Edwards.Lets pretend that is true (which it isn't). What good is SKILL if it doesn't translate onto the field? Everybody that makes it to the NFL has SKILL. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell had SKILL. It doesn't mean a damn thing if it doesn't translate. Christ, we are arguing over a guy that was already been cut from one team and barely made a Bills team with questionable QB's. Sorry, but you are seeing something that just isn't there. If Brohm does ever turn into anything, I'll apologize and put my full support behind him. I want whoever plays to succeed.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 02:02 PM
You're making assumptions as well because I never stated that Trent is the solution. In fact, I stated that he has a lot to prove. I have stated that he clearly outperformed the other QB's and has earned the right to start. Really, you are basing Brohm's ability on what you've seen from Edwards in the past. Edwards hasn't played very well in past seasons so Brohm must be better. Many of us hoped that Brohm was going to be the solution. It simply hasn't worked out that way. I highly doubt he will ever start another NFL game in Buffalo or anywhere else. It's a new season. Edwards hasn't taken a single regular season snap with the current coaching staff. I'm hoping he can turn things around. I don't necessarily think that he will be any better, but the pre-season has given me some hope.
No, you are not reading my posts. I'll make it simple.

#1. Trent has earned the right to start.

#2. Trent has more experience and is the safer bet to start the season.

#3. Trent has played well in preseason.

#4. Trent still avoids attempting certain throws (that I believe need to be made against 3-4 defenses)

#5. Brohm has a better arm and quicker release. I think his potential is higher.

That's it.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Lets pretend that is true (which it isn't). What good is SKILL if it doesn't translate onto the field? Everybody that makes it to the NFL has SKILL. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell had SKILL. It doesn't mean a damn thing if it doesn't translate. Christ, we are arguing over a guy that was already been cut from one team and barely made a Bills team with questionable QB's. Sorry, but you are seeing something that just isn't there. If Brohm does ever turn into anything, I'll apologize and put my full support behind him. I want whoever plays to succeed.
Like I said, watching Brohm in preseason, he shows a good command of the Qb position. His drops are clean, his release and decision are quick and the ball gets where its going quick. He has shown decisiveness and accuracy.

I think his abilities are better than Trent's. That is my opinion on the two.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
No, you are not reading my posts. I'll make it simple.

#1. Trent has earned the right to start.

#2. Trent has more experience and is the safer bet to start the season.

#3. Trent has played well in preseason.

#4. Trent still avoids attempting certain throws (that I believe need to be made against 3-4 defenses)

#5. Brohm has a better arm and quicker release. I think his potential is higher.

That's it.I'm reading every word. You're simply being illogical. All this "potential" you see isn't there.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm reading every word. You're simply being illogical. All this "potential" you see isn't there.
Logic has nothing to do with it. This is my opinion on Brohm's skill level. I like his skill set.

If you don't that's fine.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Logic has nothing to do with it. This is my opinion on Brohm's skill level. I like his skill set.

If you don't that's fine.I wish I was seeing what you are seeing. I just want somebody to step up and be there for a long time. That player may not be on the roster.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I wish I was seeing what you are seeing. I just want somebody to step up and be there for a long time. That player may not be on the roster.
Well just watch the games again and look at his pro-style release. Ball comes out high and fast and he is very calm and poised back there. The guy just looks like he knows what he is doing and confident about it.

I'm all for dumping all our QBs though and going after a top draft pick like Luck or Mallett or Locker.

Extremebillsfan247
09-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Again, I am not talking about Brohm's production. Only the potential I believe he has. I simply believe Brohm has more SKILL than Edwards. A lot of QBs who once were thought to have potential got the axe today. The moral of that story is, potential will only get you so far in the NFL. At some point your going to have to step up and prove your worth. Just throwing that out there.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Well just watch the games again and look at his pro-style release. Ball comes out high and fast and he is very calm and poised back there. The guy just looks like he knows what he is doing and confident about it.

I'm all for dumping all our QBs though and going after a top draft pick like Luck or Mallett or Locker.In an ideal world, Edwards will seize this final opportunity. That would shave time off this most recent rebuilding process. The idea of drafting a QB early in round 1 scares the crap out of me. It's growing tiresome waiting on this team to be relevant again.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-04-2010, 08:42 PM
You have to earn the chance to play with starters. Not in an open competition.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
That's so weird because I'm still waiting for Brohm to throw a TD pass. How do you throw a touchdown pass from the bench?

Mr. Pink
09-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Well unlike Losman, Brohm still has a job...for now.

Although he's another guy that without Buffalo would be bagging groceries or playing in a meaningless football league.