PDA

View Full Version : Jerrod Johnson

The King
09-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey College guru's where does Johnson look to fall in with next years QB class? What round is he projected.

I dont know much about this kid... but it seems to me like he could be a solid mid round prospect.

X-Era
09-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey College guru's where does Johnson look to fall in with next years QB class? What round is he projected.

I dont know much about this kid... but it seems to me like he could be a solid mid round prospect.

At this point I would go rounds 3-6. I dont see 1st round and theres plenty that are jockeying for 2nd round grades, which puts him in a numbers game.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=193543

The King
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks meng.

I am officially getting on Jerrod Johnson train.

DraftBoy
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
All depends on his development this year, great size, great arm, great speed...but as with many other QB's he hasn't yet put it together mentally. Last year was a huge step forward but he has to stay more technically disciplined, has to telegraph less passes, and must make smarter decisions at times with the football.

I like him a good deal and he could be a very fast riser with a strong season.

The King
09-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Johnson showed some lapses this weekend. Although I think a lot of it was him running and gunning, which to be honest i thought he was better at.

k-oneputt
09-27-2010, 09:51 AM
We don't want this guy.

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 10:35 AM
We don't want this guy.

I wouldnt mind him as a developmental 5th-6th round pick but he is nowhere near ready right now. I see him as similar to Tavarris Jackson in build, style, and ability. I think had Jackson been given 2 seasons to sit and learn he could of preformed much better, but was rushed into a bad situation in Minny and failed.

k-oneputt
09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
We don't need a late rd. development guy, we need a bonafide stud qb with pick #1.

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
We don't need a late rd. development guy, we need a bonafide stud qb with pick #1.

We need both actually.

You're the guy who was advocating taking numerous QB's.

Just because we take a developmental guy doesn't mean we don't take a guy in Rd 1-3.

k-oneputt
09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Fine with me as long as our 1st rd. pick is one of those top -3 qb's.

If they want to waste a pick on that stiff to sit on the bench then go for it.

Can't win until they get the legit qb.

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Fine with me as long as our 1st rd. pick is one of those top -3 qb's.

If they want to waste a pick on that stiff to sit on the bench then go for it.

Can't win until they get the legit qb.

2 of those three may not come out and the other one is not worth a 1st Rounder right now with how poorly he's played.

Keep in mind Luck isn't leaving without a degree, and nobody knows for 100% where he is academically.

Mallett is an Arkansas boy and loves Petrino and the system. If he believes that in another year Arkansas could be a national title contender, he may not leave either.

Just saying don't count your chickens before they hatch, neither one of these kids is above 50% to declare at this point.

k-oneputt
09-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Mallett will come out. Luck maybe not.
We will be drafting in the top-5 so one of those qb's will be there..

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Mallett will come out. Luck maybe not.
We will be drafting in the top-5 so one of those qb's will be there..

He's the more likely, but as Sam Bradford and Jake Locker has showed us, fan hype means ****.

k-oneputt
09-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Any of those three qb's is a huge upgrade over this current lot on the team.

Of course we could wait to the 7th rd. and our scouting dept. could unleash one of their "sleeper picks, we are smarter then you picks".

DraftBoy
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Any of those three qb's is a huge upgrade over this current lot on the team.

Of course we could wait to the 7th rd. and our scouting dept. could unleash one of their "sleeper picks, we are smarter then you picks".

You or I are debatable upgrades at this point, however Im not for taking a QB just to take one. It has to be the right guy this time around.

The King
09-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Johnson will be on tv tonight 7:30 EST

X-Era
09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Johnson will be on tv tonight 7:30 EST

I will be watching and DVR-ing it. I plan to re-watch and scout it in the next few days.

Keep an eye on Von Miller. He's a guy that might make a nice pass rush OLB in a 3-4.

Also:

Ok. St.:
Kendall Hunter, RB
Ugo Chinasa, DE

Texas A&M:
Lucas Patterson, DT

DraftBoy
09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
I will be watching and DVR-ing it. I plan to re-watch and scout it in the next few days.

Keep an eye on Von Miller. He's a guy that might make a nice pass rush OLB in a 3-4.

Also:

Ok. St.:
Kendall Hunter, RB
Ugo Chinasa, DE

Texas A&M:
Lucas Patterson, DT

Miller is one of the most overrated prospects in this class.

X-Era
09-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Miller is one of the most overrated prospects in this class.
17 sacks in 09 says he's worth something. It's not like the Big 12 was weak last year. He's currently hampered by the ankle injury. When healthy, I think he's got a lot of upside.

The King
09-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Johnson is looking good so far responding to pressure well. He really creates space in this offense.

psubills62
09-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Johnson's throwing motion is weird. Seems like a little bit of a windup. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I'm seeing some sidearm in his throws as well. He's been decently accurate, though.

DraftBoy
09-30-2010, 10:34 PM
17 sacks in 09 says he's worth something. It's not like the Big 12 was weak last year. He's currently hampered by the ankle injury. When healthy, I think he's got a lot of upside.

That number means nothing to me. He plays in a gimmick defense and was given a special assignment position because he can't play true DE or true LB. He's a one trick pony in his rush with no inside or counter move, his balance isn't great, his footwork is worse, and he runs himself out of far too many plays.

DraftBoy
09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Johnson blew the game tonight with his turnovers and bad decision making. He's Locker lite.

X-Era
10-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Johnson blew the game tonight with his turnovers and bad decision making. He's Locker lite.

I'm only half way through it but I agree. From what Ive seen, he just throws it up there way too much, his throws flutter, and they dont have much spiral. At one point he threw into triple coverage in the end-zone with a guy wide open underneath that would have given him a 1st. I wasn't very impressed with his first half performance. I plan to watch the rest tonight.

X-Era
10-01-2010, 05:46 AM
That number means nothing to me. He plays in a gimmick defense and was given a special assignment position because he can't play true DE or true LB. He's a one trick pony in his rush with no inside or counter move, his balance isn't great, his footwork is worse, and he runs himself out of far too many plays.

I see him as an Eric Norwood, Ricky Sapp type. His quickness is good, he has deceptive strength and was able to push back the OT's on both sides in this game. He was decent diagnosing the pass and dropping back into coverage quickly. I'm not done with the game yet and I dont see 1st round talent, but I like what I see.

k-oneputt
10-01-2010, 07:13 AM

So you're saying he's A. Maybin ???
He should fit right in around here. The Bills like drafting projects.

k-oneputt
10-01-2010, 07:14 AM
As for J.Johnson, enough said.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2010, 07:41 AM
I wouldnt mind him as a developmental 5th-6th round pick but he is nowhere near ready right now. I see him as similar to Tavarris Jackson in build, style, and ability. I think had Jackson been given 2 seasons to sit and learn he could of preformed much better, but was rushed into a bad situation in Minny and failed.

He is a lot taller than Jackson. I think Daunte Culpepper is a better comparison. Big guy, big arm, good athlete. He even seems to have Culpepper's fumbling issues, although Daunte's were more from his having small hands (which may or may not be true about Johnson).

I really like this kid, although I am a sucker for a guy with his size and ability. I like big, athletic QBs with the ability to throw. I remember him tearing up Texas, leading A&M to a big upset. He has a ton of pro potential but is raw and will need a lot of development. His mechanics and footwork aren't reportedly pro-ready, so he will be a project that may take some time to develop. Still, I bet he goes as high as the second round if he tests and interviews well because he may be raw but he has all the tools and a lot of potential.

*** WARNING: This post contains some expressions of my opinion. There is also some information contained that is derived from items read about Johnson, along with one sentence recalling a game I watched him play against the Texas Longhorns. To clear up confusion, the sentences with the pronoun "I" can be considered mostly derivatives of my opinion, while the others are more information being passed along. This isn't true in all instances, but is a good rule of thumb to follow. There has been some confusion recently about differences in expressed opinion and information gathered from other sources, and I want to draw a clear distinction between the two. ***

Buffalo Thriller
10-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Still on his band-wagon after 4 picks?

The King
10-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Still on his band-wagon after 4 picks?

He threw the football 62x against a solid team... He's not first round caliber but I still like this kid.

I think its 8 Picks in 2 games by the way...

X-Era
10-02-2010, 06:51 PM
The picks dont worry me as much as his decision making. He just wings it up there way too much and it ends up being picks... and this is college. I didnt see that strong of an arm and his throws like good spiral. He certainly has guts and will avoid sacks with his legs and risky throws.

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 07:37 AM
He is a lot taller than Jackson. I think Daunte Culpepper is a better comparison. Big guy, big arm, good athlete. He even seems to have Culpepper's fumbling issues, although Daunte's were more from his having small hands (which may or may not be true about Johnson).

I really like this kid, although I am a sucker for a guy with his size and ability. I like big, athletic QBs with the ability to throw. I remember him tearing up Texas, leading A&M to a big upset. He has a ton of pro potential but is raw and will need a lot of development. His mechanics and footwork aren't reportedly pro-ready, so he will be a project that may take some time to develop. Still, I bet he goes as high as the second round if he tests and interviews well because he may be raw but he has all the tools and a lot of potential.

*** WARNING: This post contains some expressions of my opinion. There is also some information contained that is derived from items read about Johnson, along with one sentence recalling a game I watched him play against the Texas Longhorns. To clear up confusion, the sentences with the pronoun "I" can be considered mostly derivatives of my opinion, while the others are more information being passed along. This isn't true in all instances, but is a good rule of thumb to follow. There has been some confusion recently about differences in expressed opinion and information gathered from other sources, and I want to draw a clear distinction between the two. ***

I use Jackson but Johnson doesn't have the weight issues Daunte seemed to carry on him. So I didnt want people drawing those conclusions though I think its accurate in terms of ability.

Right now I see Johnson as a 3rd-4th Round QB based mostly on his potential, though I do see positives in his game, like keeping his eyes downfield on the run, when he sets his feet he delivers an accurate pass with good zip, he's not afraid to throw into tight windows.

However as pointed out before right now he's just trying to do to much.

k-oneputt
10-16-2010, 01:28 PM
J.Johnson playing his usual game.
10-25 for 105 yds, through 2.5 quarters.
No points for A&M.

Why do we like this guy again ?
Sorry, I think he sucks.
Just the type of guy the Bills will think they can "develop".

k-oneputt
10-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Everybody's favorite qb may be out of a starting job.

k-oneputt
11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
As expected J. Johnson hit the pine this past weekend.

Ryan Tannehill replaced him throwing for a school record 449 yds in A&M's 45-27 win over T. Tech.

Keeping everybody updated on our Buffalo Bill prospects.