PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Brown is staying.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Our PR puppet over at BB.com just posted an article about Gailey saying Brown has the goods. Bye, bye, Brohm.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 10:52 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/03/gailey-believes-brown-has-something/

“He made a couple of great throws and he made a couple of horrendous throws. We’ve got to get the horrendous out and he will,” said Gailey. “He’ll learn from this and hopefully be able to go forward. He’s got great potential, there’s no question about that. Working with him he’s got great potential.”

Ebenezer
09-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Brown will never make it through waivers to get him on the PS...he will be on the final 53.

better days
09-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Brown will never make it through waivers to get him on the PS...he will be on the final 53.

OK, what team picks him up if he gets cut? A 7th rnd pick, please.

ddaryl

what team is going to pick up a 7trh round drafted QB who has done nothing to warrant a roster spot, and needs a few years before he would be ready

I'm sorry but he'll easily make it through waivers

Crisis
what???

brown would easily make it to the PS

Mahdi
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
7th round pick, hasn't done anything of note in preseason, in fact he barely played and a GM somewhere is going to jump at the chance to snap him up rather than keep a player from his own lot. Every team in the NFL has tough decisions to make on their rosters and will need their PS spots for their own guys.

Usually the only time a team goes to another team's PS is when they lose players during the season and they don't already have that position addressed on their own PS.

SquishDaFish
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Duh!?!? That was obvious

Johnny Bugmenot
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Bye, bye, Brohm. Or Fitzpatrick.

trapezeus
09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
i think brown makes it. the only guys who don't are the ones who have ridiculous preseasons. i think jbell is one of them. he's put up good numbers, had the local press buzzing about him, etc.

brown has nothing. he's been average at best, and 32 passed on him 6 times each during the draft. i doubt he's on anyone's radar.

as low as we are on brohm, i'd rather him be on the roster come week 5 when trent is hurt, and fitz gets drilled. having brown in isn't good for brown's career at thsi point, and its not good for bills fans.

Michael82
09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't see what the Bills like from Levi Brown so much. He was crappy in camp. He looked awful at times in the pre-season and hasn't shown anything special. Plus he would be a horrible Emergency QB. I'd feel much more comfortable with Brohm as #3.

mayotm
09-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't see what the Bills like from Levi Brown so much. He was crappy in camp. He looked awful at times in the pre-season and hasn't shown anything special. Plus he would be a horrible Emergency QB. I'd feel much more comfortable with Brohm as #3.If they keep him, it's because they feel he has more upside to develop versus Brohm. I assume they like his size and arm. I agree that he hasn't looked real good.

Extremebillsfan247
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I think the plan is to have the 3rd string QB run the practice squad offenses this year. So if it's Brown who stays, the QB left out will be playing for another team this year. If Brown gets cut, he is done as a Bill. That would almost certainly mean the Bills draft a QB somewhere in next years draft. On the flip side, if Brown stays, you can pretty much bet that the Bills will not be drafting a QB next year and instead will decide on grooming Brown for the starting role 2 or 3 years down the road. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
09-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Our PR puppet over at BB.com just posted an article about Gailey saying Brown has the goods. Bye, bye, Brohm. good example here as to why reading too much into an article is not always the best of ideas. JMO...

PromoTheRobot
09-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Our PR puppet over at BB.com just posted an article about Gailey saying Brown has the goods. Bye, bye, Brohm.
Whoops. :jawdrop:

Seriously I thought the same thing, or that he'd at least make the PS.

PTR

Crisis
09-06-2010, 01:52 PM

facepalm

Michael82
09-06-2010, 02:01 PM
:rofl: This thread is entertaining!

BillsWin
09-06-2010, 02:37 PM

HA!

HHURRICANE
09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
HA!

You realize that Brown wrote the article, not me.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Despite all of the arguments to the contrary, I would still like to see Brown on the PS. I think he has enough potential to keep him around for developmental purposes.

better days
09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't see what the Bills like from Levi Brown so much. He was crappy in camp. He looked awful at times in the pre-season and hasn't shown anything special. Plus he would be a horrible Emergency QB. I'd feel much more comfortable with Brohm as #3.

I have to give you credit Mikey. You have said all along Brown looked like crap. Since you don't pat yourself on the back like some others here, let me do it for you. NICE JOB.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
1. When a coach uses the word "horrendous" to describe your play, that should throw up a huge red flag that you're not going to be sticking around long.

2. For those who want Brown on the PS, there's only a few seats on that. Who do you drop? Roosevelt? Bell? Someone else?

THRILLHO
09-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I dont see why we need Brown, or any other QB on the practice squad. We have our starter, Edwards. We have our go-to back up, Fitzpatrick. We have our devolpmental hope Brohm. Why waste a PS spot on a fourth QB? How is Brown any better than other QBs that are free agents?

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2010, 04:48 PM
can we put barry sanders on the practice squad?

BillsWin
09-06-2010, 05:23 PM

Chris Brown hasn't been declaring that Brohm would get cut over and over and over again only to turn out to be wrong.

:funny:

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 05:44 PM
1. When a coach uses the word "horrendous" to describe your play, that should throw up a huge red flag that you're not going to be sticking around long.

2. For those who want Brown on the PS, there's only a few seats on that. Who do you drop? Roosevelt? Bell? Someone else?
We have 7 on the PS after our moves today. We are allowed 8. No one would have to be cut.

JCBills
09-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Nobody said you wrote it, you just held it up as true.