PDA

View Full Version : Levi Brown will not get cut Gailey practically comes out and says so...

sauce
09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Gailey believes Brown has something
Chris Brown
Posted September 3, 2010 – 9:26 am
Tags: Chan Gailey, Levi Brown
Levi Brown saw some of his most extensive action in the preseason Thursday night, and while all of it wasn’t pretty against the Lions, Gailey believes the rookie has something.

“He made a couple of great throws and he made a couple of horrendous throws. We’ve got to get the horrendous out and he will,” said Gailey. “He’ll learn from this and hopefully be able to go forward. He’s got great potential, there’s no question about that. Working with him he’s got great potential.”

Brown’s best throw may have been the one that was called back on penalty. On a 2nd-and-14 from his own 26-yard line, Brown fired a pass down the left sideline that traveled 65 yards in the air where it was tipped by a Lions’ defensive back, but then pulled in by James Hardy who ran the remaining distance for a 74-yard touchdown. The only problem was there was a flag on the play.

“It was pretty disappointing,” said Brown. “I thought I had my first NFL touchdown and in pretty good fashion. I don’t know how long it was, 80 yards or so thereabouts. I was pretty excited. Whenever I have a long touchdown pass I always look back to see if there’s a flag and I saw it so it kind of sucked, but it happens.”

When Gailey was asked if arm strength was Brown’s greatest asset, Gailey disagreed.

“I think it’s understanding of the game,” said Gailey. “I think he understands the game. He has a great feel for things. A couple of throws he made down the field on some ‘gos’ were some nice throws. We’ve got to work on some accuracy part.”

Jan Reimers
09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I hope we let him get the horrendous out on the Practice Squad.

sauce
09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
On a side note, I still think Fitzpatrick is going to get cut. I think his contract is going to be the deciding factor. And for anyone who says its because Ralph is cheap, go back and rewatch the last hard knocks episode. Tanny did the same thing

Also, the major question is: Is the upside of Brohm better than the talent of Fitz NOW. I say yes, in fact as of this day I think they are equally talented. The Bills are not in a win now situation so the ability and fact that Fitz is better groomed in case of an injury to TE is a moot point...

madness
09-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Nix on number of QBs to be kept (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/26/nix-on-number-of-qbs-to-be-kept/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 26, 2010 – 12:05 pm
During an appearance on the Shredd and Ragan show on 103.3 The Edge this week, Bills GM Buddy Nix was asked how many quarterbacks will be kept on the final roster. Nix gave the following response.
“We’ve got four and we’ll take three (http://www.wedg.com/Article.asp?id=1930646&spid=22412),” said Nix.
Of course Nix did not divulge what three would be kept, but it seems clear that Trent Edwards will be on the roster and seventh-round pick Levi Brown is a player that the team wants to develop. Placing him on the team’s practice squad could be risky as any other NFL club could sign him off Buffalo’s practice squad to their active roster if they so choose.
If the Bills brass determines that Brown must be on the active roster for safekeeping, then it will mean that Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the two men fighting for one roster spot.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I still think it's possible that Fitzpatrick could get traded. Very, very, slight possibility.

If it comes down to Fitz and Brohm, bye, bye, Brohm.

Brohm sounded resigned to the fact that he might be done based on his interview last night.

stuckincincy
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I hope we let him get the horrendous out on the Practice Squad.

And there he will sit - unless some club thinks he merits being plucked and so becomes a fixture on their active 53 man roster... :whistle:

better days
09-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Nix on number of QBs to be kept (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/26/nix-on-number-of-qbs-to-be-kept/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 26, 2010 – 12:05 pm
During an appearance on the Shredd and Ragan show on 103.3 The Edge this week, Bills GM Buddy Nix was asked how many quarterbacks will be kept on the final roster. Nix gave the following response.
“We’ve got four and we’ll take three (http://www.wedg.com/Article.asp?id=1930646&spid=22412),” said Nix.
Of course Nix did not divulge what three would be kept, but it seems clear that Trent Edwards will be on the roster and seventh-round pick Levi Brown is a player that the team wants to develop. Placing him on the team’s practice squad could be risky as any other NFL club could sign him off Buffalo’s practice squad to their active roster if they so choose.
If the Bills brass determines that Brown must be on the active roster for safekeeping, then it will mean that Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the two men fighting for one roster spot.

You basicly have it right, but name a team that would claim Brown if he is cut. I say NO team would.

Michael82
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
You basicly have it right, but name a team that would claim Brown if he is cut. I say NO team would.
Agreed. Brown looked awful thru most of camp and in pre-season, he looked bad too.

Novacane
09-03-2010, 05:13 PM
How does the PS work? If we cut him is he free to pick any teams PS he wants or is he only a FA if they put him on thier active roster? I'm sure there are teams that would want him on thier PS. Not so sure a team would carry him on thier active roster. If there was a team that was that hot for him why didn't they draft him?

Demon
09-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Everyone whos seen him play has said he looks awful. In games where it's open for anyone to watch, he's been horrid too and playing vs. third and fourth stringers. Yet, our coach sees something in him. Makes no sense to me at all. Why are they so afraid to just send him to the practice squad? Theres no chance he gets picked up by anyone else.

If anyone does pick him up, does he have to remain on their 53-men roster or can that team put him on their practice squad?

Michael82
09-03-2010, 05:29 PM
With how injury prone our QB is and how ****ty our OL is, we all know that Trent Edwards will get hurt. And if Fitzpatrick stays, he needs someone to be his backup. Do you believe that Levi Brown is ready for that? I don't and it terrifies me that they do. He's extremely raw and no one sniffed him in the draft. Why would they sniff him now?

madness
09-04-2010, 02:00 AM
The same reason why GB thought they could stash their raw QB on the practice squad. Buffalo snatched him up and even though GB had a chance to match Buffao's offer and add him to their 53 man roster, Brohm still bolted.

bowery4
09-04-2010, 02:42 AM
PS squad means if another team picks him up he goes Active Roster, so we are safe putting him there.

Mad Max
09-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Everyone whos seen him play has said he looks awful. In games where it's open for anyone to watch, he's been horrid too and playing vs. third and fourth stringers. Yet, our coach sees something in him.

Possibly because he was Gailey's "pet pick". A 7th rounder tossed to the coach for him to do with as he pleased? So as "his guy" of course he's going to be sentimental.