• Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Finally watched the game

(Well, the first 3 qtrs anyway.)

Here are my comments:

-Poz is brutal. He got beat in the passing game and bowled over in run support.

-Why is Kelsay running with the first team over Ellis? Ellis looked good against the 2nd stringers tonight and looked good running with first stringers in the other games. Kelsay is just as irrelevant at 3-4 OLB as he was at 4-3 DE.

-No one on our starting D seems to be able to cover runs to the outside. They consistently get beat to the sidelines.

-I used to hate Lindell but I've done a 180 on him. The dude is money.

-If the Bills go with 4 RB's, Bell makes the team over Simpson. He's a better blocker and he was decent on kick returns. Simpson has a slight edge as a runner, but the other advantages will put Bell over the top.

-We have no depth on the OL. Our backups got abused by their back ups.

-Steve Johnson looked like a giant pussy on that end-around. He had a blocker and all he had to do was put his head down and pick a side to get the first down. Instead he hesitated and went down with the slightest bit of contact. I'd start Chad Jackson or even Roscoe over him at this point (I can't believe I just said that, but Roscoe's gotten the job done in preseason and Johnson hasn't).

-Edwards only played one series but he looked great. Is the Evans/Edwards connection for real? I'll hold off on the excitement until I see it in a real game, but so far, so good.

-Lynch didn't look that bad. The OL wasn't giving him much of a chance and he still made something out of nothing. On one or two plays, he was a half step from breaking it, and that half step will come back.

-I think a few people exaggerated how poorly Brohm played. He certainly wasn't great, but he wasn't awful either. Before watching the game, I said I could go either way on the Brohm/Fitz situation, and I stand by that after watching the game. Fitz has more experience, but he's also peaked and won't get any better. Brohm is more green, but there is some potential there. Neither has really distinguished themselves, so I'll support whatever the coaches do on this one.

-Who is 44 Ferguson? He bowled over a guy after a reception from the backfield and he had a huge hit on a kickoff return. I know it's one preseason game, but could this guy make the roster over McIntyre?

-On some of the 4-3 looks, I noticed the CB's giving the WR's the infamous Dicky J 12- yard cushion. KNOCK THAT **** OFF! I actually noticed it in at least one previous game but forgot to mention it on here.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 09-03-2010, 09:33 PM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Finally watched the game

- Brohm definitely was not bad last night.

- I agree that Jackson or even Nelson should start of Johnson.

- Lynch still doesn't see the holes and when he does, he doesn't hit them fast enough.

- Edwards has really impressed me this preseason...I hope he continues it into the regular season. With that said, he only played one 3-4 in the preseason and he looked awful. I'm hoping that was just because it was early in preseason, but we will see.

- I also do not understand why Kelsay is even going to be on this team...he looks terrible in coverage and he is not a good pass rusher.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      -Who is 44 Ferguson? He bowled over a guy after a reception from the backfield and he had a huge hit on a kickoff return. I know it's one preseason game, but could this guy make the roster over McIntyre?

-On some of the 4-3 looks, I noticed the CB's giving the WR's the infamous Dicky J 12- yard cushion. KNOCK THAT **** OFF! I actually noticed it in at least one previous game but forgot to mention it on here.
      Noticed about numero 44 too and really liked it.

I never saw the cushion you are mentioning here and will trust your word, but so far I have been watching on the past games, that the cbs are on the wrs noses already and I love it!

Thanks for your time and comments.
      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

-I used to hate Lindell but I've come full circle on him. The dude is money.
        Full circle means you hated him then you loved him then full circle back to hating him.

You meant 180.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Grammar policing aside, that was very good insight. And funny!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Full circle means you hated him then you loved him then full circle back to hating him.

You meant 180.

right- good catch.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

That cushion from our DBs wont go away until we get a real pass rush.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                Grammar policing aside, that was very good insight. And funny!
                To really start nitpicking; the grammar was fine, the semantics were the problem.

Anyways, thanks for the writeup. I wish I could've seen the game.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Lynch didn't look that bad. The OL wasn't giving him much of a chance and he still made something out of nothing. On one or two plays, he was a half step from breaking it, and that half step will come back.
                  I had no major problems with your points (OK, so I skimmed them, so that may not be entirely true) until I hit this one.

Lynch looked pretty bad, in my opinion. The OL was blocking well enough, but all too often he danced around behind the one blocker who wasn't necessarily getting a push, but was still able to hold his man. His lack of vision and burst was pretty obvious.

I don't have a problem with Lynch as a 3rd back, and I'm sure he'll get his running style back with time. But from what I remember, it was not the OL's fault he didn't do well.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

On some of the 4-3 looks, there was a cushion. There was also a subtle difference, in that the 'cushion' was placed where it needed to be to stop a 1st down, rather than at the first down. It was being used on 3rd and long situations.
                    Under Jauron, the 'cushion' for 3rd and ten, would have been at the 9 yard gain line. WR catches, stretches out, and gets another set of downs.
                    This time, the 'cushion' is set at the 7 yard gain line, so a WR has to still make a play after catching the ball, which is as it should be.
                    Brohm didn't play badly at all. Pretty much all the other players around him did though, with the exception of Chad Jackson. The O-Line was awful, and aside from Jackson, his receivers couldn't catch jack, to the extent that they may have played themselves off the roster (Jones and Foschi).

Agree with the Jackson over Johnson thought. Every game I've seen anything of, Jackson has been making plays.
                    OL depth is non-existent after Meredith imho, and I expect to see this addressed through the waiver wire - especially after Gailey's post match comments. We need some solid vets in there for depth, as the youth just don't look like they are capable of getting anything done.

Comment

• BillyT92679
                      • Jul 2002

Poz drives me crazy
                      crazier than Kelsay even
                      he looks so slow out there
                      Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                        I had no major problems with your points (OK, so I skimmed them, so that may not be entirely true) until I hit this one.

Lynch looked pretty bad, in my opinion. The OL was blocking well enough, but all too often he danced around behind the one blocker who wasn't necessarily getting a push, but was still able to hold his man. His lack of vision and burst was pretty obvious.

I don't have a problem with Lynch as a 3rd back, and I'm sure he'll get his running style back with time. But from what I remember, it was not the OL's fault he didn't do well.
                        I thought Lynch looked pretty bad as well. His poor vision continues to be an issue. The Bills need both Jackson and Lynch to run hard and get positive yardage. Leave the dancing around for CJ.

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Fair points. I didn't get to watch the game only highlights, but I appreciate your input OP.
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I guess I'm not alone in seeing this. Better blocker and much quicker. Good ST's guy.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• malo
                              • Sep 2009

Both poz and mitchell suck. Huge weakness.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X