PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Brohm..

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 08:34 AM
I watched the game again this AM. Brohm played a solid game. The issue I have, and have had all along, is he or could he be better than what we have at #1 or #2. Honestly I have yet to see him EVER throw a good screen pass ( in the NFL). He has good pocket presence and love his delivery of the ball. But he's never going to be competition for Edwards. Never. Furthermore, with the O we are running I actually believe Fitz is still the better #2.

I give Gailey credit for developing this kid and I think he can play in the NFL as a backup. He certainly earned the #3 spot. Brown is absolutely horrible. The only thing Brown has going for him is a cannon arm. He flicked a ball 65 yards with almost zero effort. Unfortunately it should have been a pick.

I expected Brohm to be horrible in pre-season and he wasn't. As I said before I have met his family and he seems to be a very nice guy. I wish him luck no matter what happens.

homeslice5484
09-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Was I the only one that was saying a few choice words everytime he threw the ball to Faschi or Jones and they dropped it?

Nighthawk
09-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Was I the only one that was saying a few choice words everytime he threw the ball to Faschi or Jones and they dropped it?

No...they not only killed themselves, but they hurt Brohm in the process.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 08:44 AM

Jones and Roosevelt played themselves off the roster. Hardy dropping balls in the 4th Qtr. Hardy is gone. Brohm got some bad breaks the other night.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 08:45 AM
I watched the game again this AM. Brohm played a solid game. The issue I have, and have had all along, is he or could he be better than what we have at #1 or #2. Honestly I have yet to see him EVER throw a good screen pass ( in the NFL). He has good pocket presence and love his delivery of the ball. But he's never going to be competition for Edwards. Never. Furthermore, with the O we are running I actually believe Fitz is still the better #2.

I give Gailey credit for developing this kid and I think he can play in the NFL as a backup. He certainly earned the #3 spot. Brown is absolutely horrible. The only thing Brown has going for him is a cannon arm. He flicked a ball 65 yards with almost zero effort. Unfortunately it should have been a pick.

I expected Brohm to be horrible in pre-season and he wasn't. As I said before I have met his family and he seems to be a very nice guy. I wish him luck no matter what happens.So all the Brohm comments you made yesterday were prior to even seeing the game? That's outstanding.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 08:46 AM
No...they not only killed themselves, but they hurt Brohm in the process.

I actually believe that this was his best game. But with that said maybe this guy carries a cloud over his head.

mikemac2001
09-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I love the ignore feature to bad it doesn't block thread after thread of bashing a qb then acting like o ya he could be alright To save face.

hydro
09-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Way to cover all your bases :up:

Just in case Brohm does make the team...

Yasgur's Farm
09-04-2010, 09:15 AM
"As I've said all along..."

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I love the ignore feature to bad it doesn't block thread after thread of bashing a qb then acting like o ya he could be alright To save face.

Hahahaha!! Yeah, i'm saving face. I said for 8 months that Edwards would win the starting job and that Brohm would be lucky to make the team

Here we sit 8 hours before cuts and Brohm has a 50/50 chance of making the team based on what they do with Brown.

You and bunch of other people need to eat their crow and admit that Brohm never did a thing to smell the starter spot....like I said 8 months ago.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
April 27th thread for the idiots that want to take me out of context:

Edwards is going to be the starter.

People please use common sense for a moment.

I'm in the camp that Edwards is most likely not a legitmate starter for the Bills but there is no way he's not going to start for us this year. Whether he stays the starter certainly is up for debate.

Simply put Edwards is the best QB on the team and there is no reason to believe that he won't win an open competition in camp. Furthermore, the coaching staff is obvioulsy still open to the idea that Edwards may be able to do the job just based on how they approached the draft.

Fitzpatrick has proven that he's a capable backup and this is why we signed him.

Brohm has no legitimate shot at being the starter because he won't win an open QB battle in camp. The same problem he had in Green Bay.

Chan Gailey also likes a deliberate QB which is what he gets with Edwards. If Edwards fails this year however there will be no one to blame but himself.

mayotm
09-04-2010, 09:23 AM
April 27th thread for the idiots that want to take me out of context:

Edwards is going to be the starter.

People please use common sense for a moment.

I'm in the camp that Edwards is most likely not a legitmate starter for the Bills but there is no way he's not going to start for us this year. Whether he stays the starter certainly is up for debate.

Simply put Edwards is the best QB on the team and there is no reason to believe that he won't win an open competition in camp. Furthermore, the coaching staff is obvioulsy still open to the idea that Edwards may be able to do the job just based on how they approached the draft.

Fitzpatrick has proven that he's a capable backup and this is why we signed him.

Brohm has no legitimate shot at being the starter because he won't win an open QB battle in camp. The same problem he had in Green Bay.

Chan Gailey also likes a deliberate QB which is what he gets with Edwards. If Edwards fails this year however there will be no one to blame but himself.Good god. How many times are you going to pat yourself on the back for this obvious prediction? The posts throughout pre-season haven't been enough? You really went out on a limb with that prediction. There were no more than a handful of people that thought Fitz or Brohm could beat out Edwards. There may have been many that hoped one of them would step up, especially Brohm, because he was somewhat an unknown. That's all. Anyway, I'll be the first to congratulate you. You are brilliant.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Good god. How many times are you going to pat yourself on the back for this obvious prediction? The posts throughout pre-season haven't been enough? You really went out on a limb with that prediction. There were no more than a handful of people that thought Fitz or Brohm could beat out Edwards. There may have been many that hoped one of them would step up, especially Brohm, because he was somewhat an unknown. That's all. Anyway, I'll be the first to congratulate you. You are brilliant.

No I posted it so people can't make up ****!!

mayotm
09-04-2010, 09:29 AM
No I posted it so people can't make up ****!!I don't think anybody is making things up. We know that you predicted Edwards would be the starter. You've posted it 100 times and continue posting it.

jmb1099
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I am glad the light seems to have come on for Edwards again and I hope he makes the best of it. The light is obviously coming on for Brohm and will continue to. I'm glad you finally watched the game sober.

hydro
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
SO you go from making this (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3303035&postcount=1) thread saying he has no chance to make the team unless certain things happen (which won't) to well I watched the game again and he is a good backup. THATS IS ALL WE HAVE BEEN SAYING!! Since Edwards has actually looked competent nobody has said Brohm should start. NOBODY!!! Stop defending edwards when he doesn't need defending. All his detractors, including me, will patiently wait to see how he does this season before hounding on him again.

The last buffalo fan
09-04-2010, 09:38 AM
SO you go from making this (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3303035&postcount=1) thread saying he has no chance to make the team unless certain things happen (which won't) to well I watched the game again and he is a good backup. THATS IS ALL WE HAVE BEEN SAYING!! Since Edwards has actually looked competent nobody has said he should start. NOBODY!!! Stop defending edwards when he doesn't need defending. All his detractors, including me, will patiently wait to see how he does this season before hounding on him again.

:spit: :bf1:

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 09:43 AM
SO you go from making this (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3303035&postcount=1) thread saying he has no chance to make the team unless certain things happen (which won't) to well I watched the game again and he is a good backup. THATS IS ALL WE HAVE BEEN SAYING!! Since Edwards has actually looked competent nobody has said Brohm should start. NOBODY!!! Stop defending edwards when he doesn't need defending. All his detractors, including me, will patiently wait to see how he does this season before hounding on him again.

Dude here we sit waiting to see if Gailey takes Brown (developmental) over Brohm. Whats changed?

I was nice enough not to pull all of the threads, which are hilarious, saying Brohm would win the job.

My thread this AM was to nicley say that Brohm didn't suck in pre-season. He developed. Seriously chill.

better days
09-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Dude here we sit waiting to see if Gailey takes Brown (developmental) over Brohm. Whats changed?

I was nice enough not to pull all of the threads, which are hilarious, saying Brohm would win the job.

My thread this AM was to nicley say that Brohm didn't suck in pre-season. He developed. Seriously chill.

Well that's very big of you. cough cough cough

jmb1099
09-04-2010, 10:28 AM

First my admission: I didn't think Edwards would recover from the hit and he has. Kudos to him and Kudos to you for believing he would. Pre-hit Edwards looked awesome, if he can find that again than good for him, good for the team, and good for us.

Part two of my admission: I believed Brohm could win the starting position and he hasn't. Now I could go into all sorts of reasons why I think that is, but I think its obvious at this point that Edwards is playing decent football again and to that I say let him play. There's no reason he shouldn't at this point.

Where we differ: I still believe Brohm is talented enough to start on this team. The light is obviously coming on for him. For those that try to argue its been three years etc, be real with yourselves for a moment and watch his progression from the first game this year to the detroit. If he throws those passes to Evans and Parrish they are receptions. So while you make the claim that Brohm could never beat Edwards, I strongly disagree. If all things were equal it would a lot closer than his detractors are comfortable admitting.

The Losman Comparisons: The only legitimate comparison is Brohm needs to learn how to slide. With Losman it was always he needs more time, the line is killing him etc and I will be the first to admit that I was on that unfortunate train wreck. This hasn't been the case with Brohm. He has had almost no time but the passes still come out and he finds receivers. His only interception was a bobbled pass that should have been caught. Losman practiced well, Brohm has played well and in limited time with limited talent around him. So for those who try to invoke the name of JP Losman into the argument: grow up already, seriously.

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 10:30 AM
First my admission: I didn't think Edwards would recover from the hit and he has. Kudos to him and Kudos to you for believing he would. Pre-hit Edwards looked awesome, if he can find that again than good for him, good for the team, and good for us.

Part two of my admission: I believed Brohm could win the starting position and he hasn't. Now I could go into all sorts of reasons why I think that is, but I think its obvious at this point that Edwards is playing decent football again and to that I say let him play. There's no reason he shouldn't at this point.

Where we differ: I still believe Brohm is talented enough to start on this team. The light is obviously coming on for him. For those that try to argue its been three years etc, be real with yourselves for a moment and watch his progression from the first game this year to the detroit. If he throws those passes to Evans and Parrish they are receptions. So while you make the claim that Brohm could never beat Edwards, I strongly disagree. If all things were equal it would a lot closer than his detractors are comfortable admitting.

The Losman Comparisons: The only legitimate comparison is Brohm needs to learn how to slide. With Losman it was always he needs more time, the line is killing him etc and I will be the first to admit that I was on that unfortunate train wreck. This hasn't been the case with Brohm. He has had almost no time but the passes still come out and he finds receivers. His only interception was a bobbled pass that should have been caught. So for those who try to invoke the name of JP Losman into the argument: grow up already, seriously.

Jmb your are a good poster!! Even when we disagree you are not belligerent, etc. Some people on this board can learn a thing or two from you!

jmb1099
09-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Jmb your are a good poster!! Even when we disagree you are not belligerent, etc. Some people on this board can learn a thing or two from you!
Thanks!
I appreciate your passion for the team even if we don't agree on some of the details.
Here's to hoping we have a great season no matter who is under center.