PDA

View Full Version : Houshmenzadah is a no brainer!!!!

ratso
09-04-2010, 10:23 AM
According to reports, his contract says the Seahwks are responsible for the difference between what the new team decides to pay and what he is owed for this year. We could offer the league minimum $880K (it will take more than that) and they would pick up the rest of the tab. Even if he is average and we pay the last three, averaging out this year's salary intothe last two and it's still a steal for a guy who is third among active WR's in catches at age 32.

There is nothing wrong, Pete Carroll is merely showing the world he should be a college coach. playing favorites with a kid you coached in college that up until now no one wanted and having an ax to grind against some guy who turned you down five years ago to play for a conference rival.

better days
09-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Ocho has said he will push to get Hush back on the Bengals, that is where I expect him to land.

DrGraves
09-04-2010, 10:33 AM
i don't see us landing him but, it would certainly sure up the WR spot

RockStar36
09-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Housh in Cincy makes no sense with T.O. being there.

I'd love him in Buffalo. He was very good in Cincy when he had Ocho on the other side. Him and Evans would be a nice duo. Not to mention Buffalo has a strong need for a solid #2 or even #1B receiver.

This makes too much sense.

SquishDaFish
09-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Def not Cinci. Not with Ocho and TO. Buffalo seems like a great fit but I guess Washington

more cowbell
09-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I read that 4 teams have contacted Seattle.

Washington
San Diego
NY Jets
Vikings

if this is true...the chances of us getting him are absoultely hysterical

(No direct link, It was on KFFL Hot off the Wire)

better days
09-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I read that 4 teams have contacted Seattle.

Washington
San Diego
NY Jets
Vikings

if this is true...the chances of us getting him are absoultely hysterical

(No direct link, It was on KFFL Hot off the Wire)

San Diego traded with the Cowboys for Crayton so they are probably out.

YardRat
09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
If the Bills are going to keep six WR's, I'd be OK with TJ taking Hardy's roster spot. Still rather see the team go after o-line, LB and TE though. Wouldn't mind all of them, actually :D

YardRat
09-04-2010, 11:34 AM
San Diego traded with the Cowboys for Crayton so they are probably out.

I agree.

Washington and NY will go after any 'name', but Minnesota needs to replace Rice for at least 6-9 weeks.

Mike13
09-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Has he even played well in Seattle?

mrbojanglezs
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
he is not coming to buffalo lol

better days
09-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Not really. A typical case of a #2 that thinks he's a #1. Kind of similar to Tampa signing Alvin Harper.

ct bills fan
09-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Rather have Olsen in a trade with Chi. As bad as our wr's are, our TE's may be the worst group I've ever seen.

Philagape
09-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Depends on if you look it at from an individual or team point of view.

Extremebillsfan247
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Housh just got released by Seattle today. He is now a Free Agent. I don't see him coming to Buffalo but who knows? May be worth keeping an eye on anyway.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I like what we have in Johnson or Jackson as the #2 to Lee. Both have good hands and size. I think Johnson will do a lot more in the regular season when he can get into a rhythm.

Extremebillsfan247
09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I like what we have in Johnson or Jackson as the #2 to Lee. Both have good hands and size. I think Johnson will do a lot more in the regular season when he can get into a rhythm. and now with the addition of Nelson to the receiving core, I like where this is heading so far. I have to agree with you here.

Mahdi
09-04-2010, 01:25 PM
and now with the addition of Nelson to the receiving core, I like where this is heading so far. I have to agree with you here.
Yep. We need to develop these guys. Most likely one of Johnson, Jackson or Nelson will be a solid #2.

THRILLHO
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM
You are right, Houshmazolly is a no brainer. But why would he choose to come here?

Akhippo
09-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I would rather get a big blocking tight end, better O Line depth, and shore up our D front seven before paying Housh.

I like Housh and it would be great if he came here. Just from a money stand point i dont see it happening.

patmoran2006
09-04-2010, 04:24 PM
TJ is signing with the Vikings

billsburgh
09-04-2010, 04:50 PM
TJ is signing with the Vikings
is this your opinion or do you have anything to support this?

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2010, 05:32 PM
I can't believe teams cut players this awesome!

PTR

Philagape
09-04-2010, 05:40 PM
is this your opinion or do you have anything to support this?

There's a one-source report from a TV station that says it happened. Unconfirmed.

Uncle Jesse
09-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I've been reading that a few different people seen him at Wing Fest today, no joke.

mrbojanglezs
09-04-2010, 05:42 PM
ya and its a no brainer for him to not come to buffalo

Ebenezer
09-04-2010, 06:15 PM
it does get to be his choice...why would he come here when there are going to be suitors that have playoff possibilities.

topher180
09-04-2010, 11:19 PM
The young WRs do need to be developed, which is why I think having an additional vet for at least 1 season would help accomplish that. Not to mention of course, that he is still reasonably productive.

Novacane
09-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd really like to have him but I think the Bills would have to throw a boatload of money to get him to pick them over the other choices he will have. In that case I'd pass.

Eventually
09-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Wouldn't mind it one bit. IMO he'd flourish next to evans like he did back in Cinci. That said though, not getting Housh doesn't kill us either. Johnson needs to start playing like a number 2, Hardy played himself out of town, Roscoe's a slot guy, then the rest are UDFA's. Would have been interesting if Easley didn't go down, he may have won that 2 job, we'll never know.

I really like Nelson and if Stevie plays poorly, which I really hope he doesn't both from a team standpoint and I've always liked him, but nonetheless if he doesn't perform, from the preseason, I think Nelson will.

NY doesn't have the space for Housh, even heard from a buddy of mine who lives on LI, said he heard the jets squashed this already.

SD is probably wishing they hadn't traded for Crayton right now, but they did so highly doubt housh winds up their.

Cinci- Highly unlikely with Ocho, Owens, Shipley-they love him from what I've read. Read the article on NFL.Com about this.

Minnesota only kept 4 WR's, one of which, Camarillo,was traded for last week, Greg Lewis, Harvin and Berrian. Rice may be back in week 9.

My top guess for him is the Vikings.

Redskins seems like the next best bet. He'd easily become the 2 there, personally I think he's better than Moss, never have been a big fan of his, Mcnabb will get much more out of him, but still Housh seems like a good pick here

Chicago- 3rd spot IMO. Young Receivers, and Hester. Knox, Housh, Hester with aromashodu on 4 sets is pretty nasty.

Bottom line Housh has his pick really, great spot for him to be in. Which to me, means he won't be picking Detroit, Buffalo or St. Louis who all could use another WR like this.

JaX and Tennesee are also possibilities as is SF, but the only thing I'm sure of is he shouldn't be on the market too long.

ServoBillieves
09-05-2010, 02:16 PM
The young WRs do need to be developed, which is why I think having an additional vet for at least 1 season would help accomplish that. Not to mention of course, that he is still reasonably productive.

That worked well for Hardy and Johnson last year didn't it.

X-Era
09-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Housh in Cincy makes no sense with T.O. being there.

I'd love him in Buffalo. He was very good in Cincy when he had Ocho on the other side. Him and Evans would be a nice duo. Not to mention Buffalo has a strong need for a solid #2 or even #1B receiver.

This makes too much sense.Lewis has already stated hes not a good fit in Cinnci.