PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Marshawn was at the gas station down the street from me

G Wolly
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
We were at a party and my friend Tom got a text from his sister's boyfriend who works at the gas station that Marshawn Lynch came in.

A few minutes later he called Tom and told him the story and Tom told me.

I guess he walked in and he said "Hey Marshawn how's it goin'?" Some general greeting like that.

He replied with "Nothin' much kid" or something, I don't remember.

When he came up to pay for whatever he got, Joe asked him, "Hey do you think I could get a quick autograph? Even if it's on a receipt or just a dollar bill?"

I guess he said "I don't have time for that" and left.

Thought I'd share.

YardRat
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Should've offered him a twenty instead of a one.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-04-2010, 05:00 PM
hilarious....

Jan Reimers
Great human being, isn't he?

mrbojanglezs
http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/super-cool-story-bro.png

G Wolly
09-04-2010, 05:18 PM
http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/super-cool-story-bro.png

Great post, guy.

Billz_fan
09-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I would have never asked him for an autograph in the first place what am I gonna do with that junk ? :laughter:

I laugh but Im serious. I personally have no desire for his sig.

PromoTheRobot
09-04-2010, 05:35 PM
He talked to your boy. Isn't that enough?

PTR

Night Train
09-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Maybe he just clipped another fat chick and had to split.

Uncle Jesse
09-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Maybe he didn't have time. Who cares.

TigerJ
09-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Great human being, isn't he? I remember another running back, not so long ago that would have been looking for a chick to bang when he went to a local gas station/convenience store. Then again, had the guy been a cute girl, Marshawn may have been willing to grant an autograph for a price.

G Wolly
09-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Maybe he didn't have time. Who cares.

I'm not asking for an explanation.

I'm sharing a story.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/3412-1262291013.gif

Bravo82
09-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Marshawn is a thug, but put yourselves in his shoes. He is probably asked for an autograph every time he leaves his house.

Turf
09-04-2010, 06:00 PM
If this is true, and its a big if, then Marshawn continues to be stupid.

G Wolly
09-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Marshawn is a thug, but put yourselves in his shoes. He is probably asked for an autograph every time he leaves his house.

It was one guy.

At a gas station.

Late at night.

An autograph takes 2 seconds.

cpearl
09-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Why are people obsessed with autographs?

Bravo82
09-04-2010, 06:05 PM
It was one guy.

At a gas station.

Late at night.

An autograph takes 2 seconds.

Actually your friend got off lucky... he could have handed Marshawn a benjamin out of the cash register and had him take off with it :2cents:

Billz_fan
09-04-2010, 06:07 PM

It's probably a pretty safe bet that soon enough Marshawn won't have to worry about signing for anyone. At least not in the Upstate/Western NY area anyway.

Billz_fan
09-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Actually your friend got off lucky... he could have handed Marshawn a benjamin out of the cash register and had him take off with it :2cents:

LOL, Marshawn with a drive away only for a sig not gas :D

LtFinFan66
09-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Stay classy Lynch:up:

Oldbillsfan
09-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Why ask for his autograph? Is he a celebrity? He's just a back up RB, so what.

JD
09-04-2010, 06:45 PM
He's such a piece of ****.

more cowbell
09-04-2010, 07:06 PM
On the complete opposite side of the spectrum my buddy works at a gas station by Bills camp and he was working one day when POZ came in. (He didn't have his jersey with him that day obviously)

Make a long story short, the day before the Bills went back to Buffalo, POZ came back into the gas station to sign my friends jersey, along with 3 others.

Class versus No Class...Marshawn is a complete piece of garbage

seanbillsfan
09-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Its not like he has to sign something everytime someone asks for an autograph. I'm sure he gets asked everytime he leaves his house and it probably got old really fast. Just sayin

Mike13
09-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh well.

G Wolly
09-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Its not like he has to sign something everytime someone asks for an autograph. I'm sure he gets asked everytime he leaves his house and it probably got old really fast. Just sayin

Is there an echo in here?

DMBcrew36
09-04-2010, 08:11 PM
autographs .. lol

He coulda put it in with his baseball card collection and GI Joes

HHURRICANE
09-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm older than alot of you but Greg Bell was the same douchebag!

I'll tell stories upon request.

more cowbell
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Who cares if he gets asked for autographs every time he leaves the house? He is a professional football player and a celeberty...it comes with the territory...deal with it like a professional.

Turf
09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
He should be trying to rebuild his reputation. It just shows he's stupid if its true.

Mad Max
09-04-2010, 09:02 PM

These idiots don't realize that they are the "face" of two organizations the Bills and the NFL, unlike actors or rockstars who only have to answer to themselves. Thus they need to comport themselves with dignity and grace.

Turf
09-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Gotta admit in 50 years I've never seen the word comport used. Gotta look it up, sounds right.

seanbillsfan
09-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Is there an echo in here?
A little defensive?

G Wolly
09-05-2010, 01:15 AM
A little defensive?

A little repetitive?

mayotm
09-05-2010, 09:01 AM
I can't decide which is more lame. The celebrities, athletes, etc that refuse to sign autographs or the people that request the autographs.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I was seven years old and I asked Joe Namath for an autograph at the Sheraton Hotel and he told me to get the hell out of his way.

Years later I saw him at the airport in Ft Lauderdale with his daughter and he said "hi" to me. You could tell he had his share of humble pie. I talked to him for a few minutes about kids, etc. I didn't have the heart to bring up the whole thing because you could tell he had come full circle.

That was God's way of telling me to be nice to everyone you meet because someday they may be your boss, neighbor, etc.

Raptor
09-05-2010, 09:44 AM
OMG THE TRAGEDY!! Have him arrested!!

Jan Reimers
09-05-2010, 09:52 AM
It's very simple. People can be gracious, or they can be boorish. Lynch always chooses boorish.

raphael120
09-05-2010, 09:53 AM
What the hell are you going to do with a Marshawn Lynch signature on a dollar bill or a gas receipt anyways? Come on man, give the guy a break. It's a stupid request to begin with, say hello and say something like "Hey good luck this season" because once you go the "Hey can I get an autograph" it becomes all about you and what you want.

My bro saw Poz in the mall and just said "hey great game man!" and Poz replied "hey thanks man, appreciate it!" and like normal human beings, left it like that. If you want a sig, go to the games. Players don't want to be bothered with sigs when they're out trying to run errands. They're people too.

Jan Reimers
09-05-2010, 10:19 AM
What the hell are you going to do with a Marshawn Lynch signature on a dollar bill or a gas receipt anyways? Come on man, give the guy a break. It's a stupid request to begin with, say hello and say something like "Hey good luck this season" because once you go the "Hey can I get an autograph" it becomes all about you and what you want.

My bro saw Poz in the mall and just said "hey great game man!" and Poz replied "hey thanks man, appreciate it!" and like normal human beings, left it like that. If you want a sig, go to the games. Players don't want to be bothered with sigs when they're out trying to run errands. They're people too.
That's still no excuse for Lynch's discourteous behavior.

raphael120
09-05-2010, 10:44 AM
That's still no excuse for Lynch's discourteous behavior.

Discourteous? He probably said "Sorry don't have time for that". Either way, the dude who got denied an autograph is probably mad and that's why he's telling the story to begin with. I think it's a non-story. Lynch isn't obligated to do anything aside from play football. he doesn't have to sign a fans gas receipt at a gas station, and neither does any football player. i think it was poor form for a guy to ask for an autograph in the first place. with all the other crap that lynch has done, I really think this this thing is a waste of time to discuss. he's obviously not a high-character individual.

so I ask again, why the hell would you want his autograph on a GAS RECEIPT in the first place!?!? whose dumber, Lynch, or the guy who wanted his autograph? I take the latter.

Jan Reimers
09-05-2010, 10:52 AM
I have never collected autographs, and don't know what the attraction is. It just sounded from G WOLLY's post that Lynch was rude in turning the kid down. If he wasn't, fine. If he were rude, though, I'm simply saying that no one has to be rude in a situation like this.

ublinkwescore
09-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I've got Marshawn Lynch's autograph, and I live out here in Cali. :rofl:

Bmax
09-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm older than alot of you but Greg Bell was the same douchebag!

I'll tell stories upon request.

Do you remember the Fur coat that he use to wear around town all the time.. LOL...

Bmax

Mad Max
09-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I've got Marshawn Lynch's autograph, and I live out here in Cali. :rofl:

Probably when he was a Bear, right? When he was happy to do so, because it was flattering before he went pro.

What he doesn't realize is that in a few short years (2-3) noone is going ask for his autograph. Thurmal, Sanders, Emmit he's not, just some dreaded up, gold grilled, has been, thug.

Goobylal
09-05-2010, 08:18 PM
What a total dick![/sarcasm]

Yeah, I'm sure with how the fans reacted to him after his 2 summer incidents, not to mention that ridiculous $20 story, that he wants to be signing autos for anyone. AS for Poz, he's still got to prove he belongs in the NFL, much less making the Pro Bowl.

G Wolly
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
It's a stupid request to begin with, say hello and say something like "Hey good luck this season" because once you go the "Hey can I get an autograph" it becomes all about you and what you want.

Kinda like when I was a little younger and met Willis McGahee, I shook his hand and said good luck in tomorrows game. He didn't even look at me or say thanks.

It's not based on what we "want", but what attitude they give to us.