PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight...

ServoBillieves
09-05-2010, 01:21 AM
John McCargo > Kirk Chambers (line-depth), Joique Bell (ST and RB 45 man depth), Nick Hennessey (general line-depth), Andre Johnson/Jason Watkins (again, interior line depth since we're apparently only keeping Cordaro Howard?), Sean Allen (other center in camp).

I just didn't see anything from him this pre-season to merit a spot where we could've kept someone to at least be a solid/developmental backup.

If you've been paying attention, by the way, you'll see this is the only time I've ever been pissed about John McCargo. I just don't see it. Anyone want to explain?

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2010, 01:58 AM
except for bell. they're all terrible. i've been waiting for 3 years for chambers to be cut. mccargo never seemed like he wanted to be an nfl player. can't belive he made the roster either. the rest are just as putrid as chambers and deserved to be cut.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-05-2010, 02:25 AM
cant believe Mcargo is still on the roster.

ServoBillieves
09-05-2010, 03:06 AM
except for bell. they're all terrible. i've been waiting for 3 years for chambers to be cut. mccargo never seemed like he wanted to be an nfl player. can't belive he made the roster either. the rest are just as putrid as chambers and deserved to be cut.

Chambers may be terrible, but he held down any guard or tackle part he needed. Depth is my only concern offense wise right now. Depth wise he did what he needed. As of now? My only wish is that when one of the starting 5 go down (my bet is on Cornell) we have someone who can fill in. At one point, Mr. Chambers was that fill in.

Of the others... well ****. I got nothin. Let's just hope Chan and Bud know what they're doing.

Buddo
09-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Meredith is the swing tackle now, and a far better one than Chambers.
I'm sure they are looking for at least one other guy for depth on the O-Line, but after Gaileys comments after the detroit game, it shouldn't be a surprise to see the majority of the 'backups' cut.

Historian
09-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Bell surprises me. He ran hard.

mayotm
09-05-2010, 07:44 AM
McCargo had a pretty solid pre-season.

chernobylwraiths
09-05-2010, 07:51 AM
We cut Andre Johnson?! I drafted him in the first round of one of my fantasy leagues!

Novacane
09-05-2010, 08:31 AM
We cut Andre Johnson?! I drafted him in the first round of one of my fantasy leagues!

Sucker :snicker:

Jan Reimers
09-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I think we'll add an O-lineman and maybe a TE from the waiver wire, at the expense of the Harris boys.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2010, 08:43 AM
All of those OL are terrible. I was overjoyed when Chambers was cut.

As for Bell, he is PS eligible and would not play with Jackson, Spiller and Lynch on the squad. If the Bills are going to use some 4-3 looks, McCargo is useful with his ability to play DT or DE.

I think he was very borderline, but I see why he made it after paying fairly well in the pre-season.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2010, 08:43 AM
I think we'll add an O-lineman and maybe a TE from the waiver wire, at the expense of the Harris boys.
I agree, except I think it is one of the Harris (Dominique?) and one of the LBs

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 08:48 AM
The defense struggled so McCargo's size and versatility was a must have vs. the luxury of a decent backup RB when he is sitting behind Spiller, Lynch, and Jackson.

I think the real issue is WR and TE. I think the Bills are trying to make space on their roster.

The Bills need special teams players as well and I don't think Chad Simpson and Bell were out there tackling people.