PDA

View Full Version : Gailey just did something interesting and I'm not sure we see it.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Gailey has alot of surprise cuts but in addition he has left us very thin in alot of spots: o-line, WR, and even RB if you consider we aren't carrying 4.

I think his message is pretty clear. Even if we have a hole, if you aren't good enough you aren't playing for me.

I think Gailey, as he said in Miami to a reporter, plans on going from last to first.

I love it!! Hopefully Nix can get him some players today!!

SquishDaFish
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I agree! Im liking Chans direction. IN CHAN WE TRUST!! Feels soo much better then dickeys time here!

Jan Reimers
09-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Gailey has alot of surprise cuts but in addition he has left us very thin in alot of spots: o-line, WR, and even RB if you consider we aren't carrying 4.

I think his message is pretty clear. Even if we have a hole, if you aren't good enough you aren't playing for me.

I think Gailey, as he said in Miami to a reporter, plans on going from last to first.

I love it!! Hopefully Nix can get him some players today!!
I agree on the O-line and WR, and also at TE. I do believe, however, that Bell was plenty good enough at RB.

STs, I think, played a pretty big role in the cuts.

YardRat
09-05-2010, 09:56 AM
If that were the case, we'd be sporting 2 or 3 offensive linemen and zero TE's and LBers this morning.

Maybe Lecter was on to something with the 19 DB thingie.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I agree on the O-line and WR, and also at TE. I do believe, however, that Bell was plenty good enough at RB.

STs, I think, played a pretty big role in the cuts.

For all the love on Bell he doesn't exactly have a great burst when he gets to the LBs.

Bell was good but not worth a roster spot.

Chad Jackson not getting the WR spot was shocking to me.

Turf
09-05-2010, 10:01 AM
For the first time I feel as though the people in here are not smarter than the front office, so I'm going to go with it and assume that all of the available free agents will be scoured over by the FO as people in her are doing. I can only hope.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 10:06 AM
For the first time I feel as though the people in here are not smarter than the front office, so I'm going to go with it and assume that all of the available free agents will be scoured over by the FO as people in her are doing. I can only hope.

Seriously, how nice a feeling is that?!

I was at a bar last year and I had a $20 bet that I could call 15 plays in a row by Jauron on offense. I won!!

The fans were smarter but not now!!

psubills62
09-05-2010, 11:30 AM
For all the love on Bell he doesn't exactly have a great burst when he gets to the LBs.

Bell was good but not worth a roster spot.

Chad Jackson not getting the WR spot was shocking to me.

What's amusing to me is that Jackson was similar to Bell this preseason...if you look at his stats compared to everyone else's, there's no doubt he's a keeper. Two guys the fans seemed to love, two guys who got cut.

The coaches see a lot more than the fans do, especially since they see the players every day at practice.

Gailey seemed to load up on defensive players and skimped on the offensive positions. I have to imagine this is due to the transition from the 4-3 to 3-4. There were veterans (Ellison, Kelsay) who didn't deserve to be here, and don't fit the 3-4, but had the experience that other players were lacking. But they also wanted to keep the younger players (Coleman, Moats) who fit the defense and don't have the experience. I'd bet that in 2011 the offense/defense roster spots will be much more even in terms of numbers.

ELAYAS
09-05-2010, 11:56 AM
What's amusing to me is that Jackson was similar to Bell this preseason...if you look at his stats compared to everyone else's, there's no doubt he's a keeper. Two guys the fans seemed to love, two guys who got cut.

The coaches see a lot more than the fans do, especially since they see the players every day at practice.

Gailey seemed to load up on defensive players and skimped on the offensive positions. I have to imagine this is due to the transition from the 4-3 to 3-4. There were veterans (Ellison, Kelsay) who didn't deserve to be here, and don't fit the 3-4, but had the experience that other players were lacking. But they also wanted to keep the younger players (Coleman, Moats) who fit the defense and don't have the experience. I'd bet that in 2011 the offense/defense roster spots will be much more even in terms of numbers.
or MAYBE he realized that the O won't be able to keep drives alive and he'll need way more guys playing D than O, since the D would be on the field twice as much as th O... (at least, that's what experience/history tell us)

but this is just to post a negative spin on it before the usual guys get here...

:respect::drama::gobills:

Michael82
09-05-2010, 01:08 PM
I loved the fact that Gailey didnt keep any of those scrub 2nd and 3rd string OL. They looked atrocious in the last game and none of them deserved a roster spot.