PDA

View Full Version : The entire team is riding on the backs of Edwards and Spiller.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Edwards and Spiller by far had the best camp and pre-season. The success of this team is going to fall directly on these two guys.

For all the hate on Edwards and the debate on the wisdom of taking another RB it looks like these guys are the make and break of our entire season.

Good luck to both!!

acehole
09-05-2010, 10:11 AM
I am sure edwards likes men riding on his back....this will not be a group that will.If they win it will likly be in spite of his preformace and if lose it will be because of it...

Edwards and Spiller by far had the best camp and pre-season. The success of this team is going to fall directly on these two guys.

For all the hate on Edwards and the debate on the wisdom of taking another RB it looks like these guys are the make and break of our entire season.

Good luck to both!!

acehole
09-05-2010, 10:12 AM
ps spiller is a stud at his position edwards is not.

Good luck to both!!

DBrown77
09-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I think it more up to the O-line.

JCBills
09-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I think it more up to the O-line.

Good QBs can make awful OLs look good.

See: Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers.

That being said I don't think our OL will be afwul.

TacklingDummy
09-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Most teams only go as far as the QB takes them. It's kind of common sense.

mayotm
09-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I am sure edwards likes men riding on his back....this will not be a group that will.If they win it will likly be in spite of his preformace and if lose it will be because of it...Very insightful. You don't like Edwards so you question his sexuality.

mayotm
09-05-2010, 10:29 AM

Good luck to both!!We definitely need Edwards to play like he did during the pre-season versus what he's done his first three years.

mikemac2001
09-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Very insightful. You don't like Edwards so you question his sexuality.

didnt he have a picture of fitz in his locker

just saying (kinda weird)

mayotm
09-05-2010, 10:35 AM
didnt he have a picture of fitz in his locker

just saying (kinda weird)I don't give a crap about what Edwards or anybody else does in their private life.

mikemac2001
09-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't give a crap about what Edwards or anybody else does in their private life.

o and i said i did :goodpost:

All i said was its kinda weird to have your QB have a pic of the backup QB in his locker.

im rooting for edwards bc if he sucks we are done

mayotm
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM

All i said was its kinda weird to have your QB have a pic of the backup QB in his locker.

im rooting for edwards bc if he sucks we are doneI didn't know about the picture, but assume it's some kind of joke.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 11:00 AM

im rooting for edwards bc if he sucks we are done

We actually agree on something.

And to your point Edwards has the full support of his team and coaches. This year is make or break for him.

I wish he had a better o-line and I pray they avoid injuries but at the end of the day he's going to have to man up and lead.

I love how Gailey almost makes fun of guys injuries as to imply that they need to toughen up. Hopefully this has rubbed off on Captain Checkdown.

mikemac2001
09-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I didn't know about the picture, but assume it's some kind of joke.

no mikey took a photo of it when he visited the locker room

Nighthawk
09-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I am rooting for Edwards to be good or great. Him being average will set this franchise back in many ways. If he is just average and this team wins 7 games...it means no shot at a franchise QB. So, he needs to be great or he needs to be awful...I don't want in between.

better days
09-05-2010, 12:02 PM
The question I have is can Chan coach Trent up to play better against 3-4 defenses? I know it was the 1st preseason game, but Trent was his old PUTRID self against the Redskins...........the only 3-4 defense he faced in preseason.

Ickybaluky
09-05-2010, 12:10 PM
I think Edwards needs to be efficient and do his job. He doesn't need to carry the team. The OL is a bigger key, IMO, and still a giant question mark. You can't judge them based on pre-season because it is a completely different game. The OL has to be more reliable and consistent than a year ago if the Bills are going to improve on offense.

You are right identifying Spiller as a key guy, though. He is an electric talent who can score from anywhere on the field, a dimension the Bills were woefully short of on offense in recent years. That ability to hit the big play means defenses need to be aware of him whenever he is in the game, so he changes how teams can defend the team. Just his being on the field effects the game, and guys like that can transform a team.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-05-2010, 12:37 PM
edwards will break out like brees did... watch!

better days
09-05-2010, 12:58 PM

BOLD statement. Now this is a post worth saving.

YardRat
09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
O-line and LBers are going to determine how well the team does this season, IMO.

Extremebillsfan247
09-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Good QBs can make awful OLs look good.

See: Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers.

That being said I don't think our OL will be afwul. There is a slight problem with that equation that you are over looking. We don't have Big Ben or Aaron Rodgers. lol We don't have good QBs, we have 3 average to below average QBs or we wouldn't even be having a conversation on this topic. On this team the Oline does matter, plain and simple. JMO

Patti120
09-05-2010, 05:33 PM

Please pass whatever you are smoking my way! and I hope you are right too!!!!

Mad Max
09-06-2010, 02:52 AM

Oh no you di'unt.

Brees had several good/great years prior to his phenomenal "breakout" season, Edwards hasn't done :poop: prior to this season, so it will be a minor miracle if he even comes close to one of Brees' lesser seasons..