PDA

View Full Version : Russell Wilson

BlackMetalNinja
09-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I know I brought him up once before, but it was 2 years ago and I can't find the thread anymore... Just wondering what our experts thought of his game and potential at the next level. All signs points to him choosing baseball as a career path over football, but I'm still curious.

What say you about the NC State QB?

X-Era
09-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I know I brought him up once before, but it was 2 years ago and I can't find the thread anymore... Just wondering what our experts thought of his game and potential at the next level. All signs points to him choosing baseball as a career path over football, but I'm still curious.

What say you about the NC State QB?

I didnt catch him, but I will add him to my list and will do a profile for him. :up:

DraftBoy
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Not a whole lot physically speaking, severe height issues, solid arm, good accuracy, but lacks the polish of a NFL level QB. Will toss the ball up because he has good height WR's but its not always on target and he really struggles to find passing lanes at times.

He's a gamer and mentally speaking he has the will to win that you must have as a QB, but I dont see an NFL future, he should take the MLB money, imo.

X-Era
09-16-2010, 07:14 PM
What I see is decent arm strength but he's a bit off target too much, but he has really good pocket presence and will be patient with the pressure and wait for things to open up. He can throw a decent spiral and appears to have an ability to go through progressions. He will throw it into coverage and is a bit over confident. Throw in that he can be off target and you can see he may get into bad situations. He needs to stop forcing throws. The guy isn't short on guts.

Just my :2cents:, I will keep an eye on him.

BlackMetalNinja
09-27-2010, 07:42 PM
He might at least be garnering a little more attention now... Wolfpack are 4-0 and in the Top 25 now after beating down GT. Best part of Wilson's game by far is that he doesn't turn the ball over. Holds the NCAA record for pass attempts without an INT at like 350 or so, and is currently over 150 yet again.

k-oneputt
09-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Good instincts, can keep plays alive with his legs, has good pocket awareness, can find receivers downfield.

As noted, height is an issue. Probably not even 6'00". If this guys was a couple of inches taller he would be a 1st day pick.

DraftBoy
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Good instincts, can keep plays alive with his legs, has good pocket awareness, can find receivers downfield.

As noted, height is an issue. Probably not even 6'00". If this guys was a couple of inches taller he would be a 1st day pick.

Lacks arm strength as well, and his throwing mechanics need tweaking. Not sure he'd be a 2nd day pick.

That aside from his pro baseball contract.

BlackMetalNinja
09-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Lacks arm strength as well, and his throwing mechanics need tweaking. Not sure he'd be a 2nd day pick.

That aside from his pro baseball contract.The latest story is that he really wants to play in the NFL, and that he's strongly considering coming back to play football next year at NC State.

Personally, I think he's a fool if he walks away from the baseball money, because he's got a much better chance of making money as a professional there then he ever will in the NFL.

DraftBoy
09-29-2010, 07:45 AM
The latest story is that he really wants to play in the NFL, and that he's strongly considering coming back to play football next year at NC State.

Personally, I think he's a fool if he walks away from the baseball money, because he's got a much better chance of making money as a professional there then he ever will in the NFL.

I agree, he has not shot at the NFL as a QB and similar to a fellow ACC QB in Josh Nesbit, would likely need to change to S in order to make it. Would be a horrible decision.

k-oneputt
09-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Nesbit will be a wr.

DraftBoy
09-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Nesbit will be a wr.
Not if he wants to play in the NFL he won't.

k-oneputt
09-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Nesbit- big, tough, runs well.
If he makes it on the NFL it will be at wr or bulk up to t-end. He won't play safety. I could see him at olb before playing safety.
A. Boldin type receiver.

DraftBoy
09-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Nesbit- big, tough, runs well.
If he makes it on the NFL it will be at wr or bulk up to t-end. He won't play safety. I could see him at olb before playing safety.
A. Boldin type receiver.

Again he'll play S.

k-oneputt
09-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Again he'll play S.

Well you put nine receivers in front of McCluster in your ratings so we will see.

X-Era
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
3 INT's today... I'm afraid he's not going to get much play at QB in the draft.

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Well you put nine receivers in front of McCluster in your ratings so we will see.

Considering he's 15th overall, and 9th amongst WR's in receptions, Id say I pretty much nailed that one thus far.

k-oneputt
10-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Considering he's 15th overall, and 9th amongst WR's in receptions, Id say I pretty much nailed that one thus far.

I really don't know where you are getting these numbers, but I am referring to your college wr rankings coming into last Aprils draft.
I know for a fact you listed n. Roosevelt ahead of him and a couple of other kids that I doubt even made a team. I'm not going back to dig your list up. So fight on.

k-oneputt
10-04-2010, 07:50 AM
I've noticed you are a big stat guy. While stats have some plus they also are overrated and don't tell the real picture. Ex. tackles made.
By the way, KC had a bye yesterday. Might affect the stats ???

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I really don't know where you are getting these numbers, but I am referring to your college wr rankings coming into last Aprils draft.
I know for a fact you listed n. Roosevelt ahead of him and a couple of other kids that I doubt even made a team. I'm not going back to dig your list up. So fight on.

Statistics.

No fight, I never disagreed with him being my #9 WR, but he was not behind Roosevelt, was early on, but not in the end.

At least I dont believe he was, could be wrong. Not too concerned about it.

DraftBoy
10-04-2010, 10:33 AM
I've noticed you are a big stat guy. While stats have some plus they also are overrated and don't tell the real picture. Ex. tackles made.
By the way, KC had a bye yesterday. Might affect the stats ???

Only for skill positions, and no I dont think, nor care, about its affect, because it opens the door for people saying well player A was hurt, player B has no help on the outside, player C is blocked by all-pros, and player D has a horrible QB.

BlackMetalNinja
10-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I see everybody knows who he is all the sudden... I'm sure we'll have experts on him crawling out of the woodwork anytime now if NC State continues to win.

BlackMetalNinja
06-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Not sure if anybody noticed or cared, but it was announced today that Wilson is going to Wisconsin this season. He's not subject to sitting out a year since he graduated in 3 at NC State, so he has one year of eligibility and is expected to start immediately for the Badgers.

DraftBoy
06-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Good fit for the offense, not sure it helps his NFL chances much though.

Also rumor is that since he choose to go back to football, the Rockies are likely done with him.

BlackMetalNinja
06-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Good fit for the offense, not sure it helps his NFL chances much though.

Also rumor is that since he choose to go back to football, the Rockies are likely done with him.If you've seen his numbers in baseball, you'd understand the choice even better...