PDA

View Full Version : Bell, Roosevelt, Watkins, Ferguson added to PS

psubills62
09-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I find it interesting that they haven't added Levi Brown yet. Still four spots left.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/09/bills-add-te-martin-g-urbin-sign-roosevelt-to-practice-squad.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+typepad/buffalonews/billboard+

tommy6030
09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think they are going to add Brown. Chan didn't sound to positive in his presser yesterday. Since we are carrying 3 QB's, it's almost a waste of a spot IMO.

Extremebillsfan247
I find it interesting that they haven't added Levi Brown yet. Still four spots left.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/09/bills-add-te-martin-g-urbin-sign-roosevelt-to-practice-squad.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+typepad/buffalonews/billboard+If they don't bring Brown back, they will most likely grab a QB in next years draft from which I'm told talent at that position will be fairly deep.

Jan Reimers
As I've said, I'd like to see Brown and Allen added.

Crisis
09-05-2010, 05:10 PM
so what exactly is the rule for teams signing someone off our PS? like if someone wanted to sign bell, do we have the chance to match?

X-Era
09-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I think we may go after a waived QB.

Michael82
09-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm not surprised about Brown. IMO, once they decided they were going to keep Fitzpatrick as the veteran backup...they needed to pick one young guy with potential to develop and be their 3rd stringer. A bunch of people thought it would be Levi Brown...but he was extremely raw and didn't show enough to the coaches. Brian Brohm did and that's why he's still here. There's no point of putting Levi Brown on the PS because there would be no reps for him.

psubills62
09-05-2010, 05:28 PM
so what exactly is the rule for teams signing someone off our PS? like if someone wanted to sign bell, do we have the chance to match?

I think we can make Bell an offer, but he's essentially a free agent...can choose to sign with whoever he wants. I remember that Green Bay made Jamon Meredith an offer when we tried to sign him, but he decided to go with us. The other team has to keep him on their roster for a certain number of games.

Michael82
09-05-2010, 05:30 PM
This always leads me to believe after all the moves by the Bills with QBs this year and passing on the QBs in the draft....Buddy Nix plans to get one in the draft next year.

Jan Reimers
09-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Bell, or any other PSer, can only go to another team if he is signed to their active roster.

Extremebillsfan247
09-05-2010, 05:48 PM
This always leads me to believe after all the moves by the Bills with QBs this year and passing on the QBs in the draft....Buddy Nix plans to get one in the draft next year.Yeah, I'm kind of feeling that too.

psubills62
09-05-2010, 05:54 PM
This always leads me to believe after all the moves by the Bills with QBs this year and passing on the QBs in the draft....Buddy Nix plans to get one in the draft next year.

I think that was their plan to begin with, but at the same time I'm not sure they're basing decisions now on who to draft next year. A lot of things can change between now and then.

mysticsoto
09-05-2010, 09:29 PM
OG Andre Ramsey added to PS according to billsdaily.com

Michael82
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Ramsey is another good PS player.