PDA

View Full Version : Brohm is our No. 2?

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 06:05 PM
In terms of where he might fit in to the depth chart, Brohm said that he ran the scout team in practice on Saturday, a job traditionally held by the second-string quarterback. In addressing the quarterback competition, Gailey said that the team kept the three quarterbacks who give the Bills the best chance to be successful.

:monkeyp:HHuricane and everyone else who said Brohm would get cut.

Michael82
09-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I wonder if the rotation will continue. Maybe the main reason why Fitzpatrick was kept was to be the AVP type guy and be like another coach to Edwards and Brohm? :idunno:

more cowbell
09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
lol oh god here we go again

T-Long
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Can't see Fitz as a 3rd stringer...if that's the case, then we would have kept Brown. I think Fitz will be the backup this season, even though I prefer Brohm.

Dr. Lecter
09-05-2010, 06:32 PM
:monkeyp:HHuricane and everyone else who said Brohm would get cut.

This was already discussed

The #3 Qb runs the scout team, not the #2.

The depth chart shows Fitz as #2

Trent-Fitz-brohm

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2010, 06:55 PM
For now...

Ingtar33
09-05-2010, 06:57 PM

Trent-Fitz-brohm

yep. the author of that article doesn't know what he's talking about

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 07:03 PM
yep. the author of that article doesn't know what he's talking about

My mistake Ingtar.

:duel:

wmoz11
09-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I think he meant the article you posted the quote from

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Trent-Fitz-brohm

Thanks for actually answering my question. So Chris Brown was mistaken. All I was asking.

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 07:08 PM
I think he meant the article you posted the quote from

I re read Ingtar's post. Sorry Ingtar! I've had a rough day. Rough weekend really.

better days
09-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I wonder if the rotation will continue. Maybe the main reason why Fitzpatrick was kept was to be the AVP type guy and be like another coach to Edwards and Brohm? :idunno:

Yeah, it is well known Trent & Fitz are tight, so I think Fitz will be the clipboard holder for Trent.

Beebe's Kid
09-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Maybe the author of the thread DOES know what he's talking about but simply posted a quote by Chris Brown that says scout team duties are performed by the No. 2.

I never said he was our No. 2. The thread title has a "?" in it. I'm asking a question. Because I know the third team QB usually does the scout team work. But Chris Brown wrote otherwise. So I asked a question.

The only commentary on Brohm I've put was negative towards those who thought he'd be "cut". Because cut day is over and Brohm is still a Bill.

That's all. So maybe the author of your post doesn't know what HE is talking about.

:duel:

Come down from the tower, BW!!

I think he meant the author of the article you quoted, not your post.

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Come down from the tower, BW!!

I think he meant the author of the article you quoted, not your post.

I already apologized. I read his post too quick.

Extremebillsfan247
09-05-2010, 07:42 PM
:monkeyp:HHuricane and everyone else who said Brohm would get cut.Disregarded comment...

HHURRICANE
09-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Brohm will be the starter!! Not.

Goobylal
09-05-2010, 08:09 PM
He'll be starting sooner rather than later.

BILLSROCK1212
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Brohm is going to get more reps than Fitz so he can improve...but if Edwards goes down I think it's Fitz's job to lose.

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Brohm will be the starter!! Not.

I said he would make the team. I guaranteed that he would make the team. He did.

I thought and hoped he had a chance to start. It doesn't appear he did. Although him staying on the roster gives him some more time to develop.

But I am cautiously optimistic with Edwards. Trent has had a pretty good preseason.

Hope No. 5 lights it up the phish on Sunday!

Goobylal
09-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I said he would make the team. I guaranteed that he would make the team. He did.

I thought and hoped he had a chance to start. It doesn't appear he did. Although him staying on the roster gives him some more time to develop.

But I am cautiously optimistic with Edwards. Trent has had a pretty good preseason.

Hope No. 5 lights it up the phish on Sunday!
I agree. I hope Trent lights-up the Dols. If he doesn't, or gets injured, then I hope that the next guy does the job.

But Trent's history has shown that he a) can't sustain good play and/or b) gets injured, while Fitz has a couple decent games and then gets figured-out. As I said, I think we'll see Brohm sooner rather than later. But what he shows when he does remains to be seen.

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I agree. I hope Trent lights-up the Dols. If he doesn't, or gets injured, then I hope that the next guy does the job.

But Trent's history has shown that he a) can't sustain good play and/or b) gets injured, while Fitz has a couple decent games and then gets figured-out. As I said, I think we'll see Brohm sooner rather than later. But what he shows when he does remains to be seen.

:goodpost:

Eventually
09-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Honestly If I was the Coach I'd play Brohm as the 2, get the guy as many reps as possible. But If Trent got hurt, as it stands right now, I'd start Fitz, because of that experience. That said I'd be hoping Brohm shows enough to the point I'd be confident if Trent went down I wouldn't have to play Fitz, but good having that option anyhow